Poll: How would you rate the cinematics on a scale of 1 to 5?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    In turns of quality and sound great as always. In terms of writing, everything else, wtf?

He gets ONE hit on her, she's just playing with him, denounces the horde because she got her panties in a bunch just like before burning teldrassil. Pouts then does something overly dramatic. Apparently she's a Death Eater now? Her own dark rangers want nothing to do with her? Varok, i'm glad him and his "i'll change and turn on my honor whenever I want" mentality is gone. It is over, but there is still so much to be reconciled for as far teldrassil and the night elves are concerned. But blizzard won't touch it again.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Think they will hire the 4chan troll? He outlined a better story then what their writers came up with.

> Conclusion
    > in fact a poor cliffhanger
    > nothing really explained

absolutely underwhelming. And Sylvanas doing just a poof is a joke.

The only satisfying part is Saurfang is finally dead and we won't be seeing him again.
    S.H.

We were literally trying to kill Jaina 9 months ago. We were trying to kill her because she literally sacked the Zanadalri's capital city and killed the king. An ALLY of the horde.

Now we allies again ? Are we just going to forget about that ?

What a troll.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Warcraft is aiming to beat Star Wars in f*cking up a beloved franchise.

Never before have I thought a Blizzard cinematic sucked, but this one has not even a small amount of redeeming qualities. It's just pure shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Plenty of sites use percentages or school grades. As someone pointed out, depending on where you're from, rating systems work differently.
    Even if they use percentages, the higher number still tends to indicate a higher rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    We were literally trying to kill Jaina 9 months ago. We were trying to kill her because she literally sacked the Zanadalri's capital city and killed the king. An ALLY of the horde.

What a troll.
    Yeah, guess Talanji will just ask them kindly to not do it again please.

What is this? Kindergarten level of guilt tripping anything mean in a game founded on war? This is a joke.

Hopefully they are done with the faction war now, its been a noose around the franchise since cata. It just played out now, theres no point in it when we all know the inevitably we are going to join forces to beat the big bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang committed suicide by elf to yet again avoid any responsibility or accountability for being a willing party to this shit from day one. He dodges and ducks, intent on dragging Thrall- a man whose paid his dues- back into the hot seat and why? Because he feels SAD. He is the hordes version of Staghelm and met the cowards death he has long craved. One that LOOKS noble. Where none can publicly fault him for choosing death over duty or remark that he'd have said a great deal to keep Thrall from doing the same
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I found it cool, actually.
    And so far, the writing is better than in most blizzard games. God SC2 was sometimes cringy as hell...

I still regret Vol'jin however.

For those who think the writing is lazy... I would gladly like to know what you consider good writing per se.

Finally more are seeing the garbage writing that Alex and Danuser have been putting out. Sure the faction dissolve might be a good thing for being able to have groups and raids be mixed. But I feel the writing isn't gonna get any better. Now watch as a blue poster advertises an upcoming book release sooner or later!

I rate it a solid pile of shit out of 5

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean it looks good - storywise thou.... Its just so dumb...

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post

What a troll.
    And Sylvanas burned Teldrassil too, so yes, both sites have enough room to hate each other. But that's war, things like this happens.

And yes, they are trolls, who cares about them. It's probably also the case that Talanji, who is now binded to the Aspekt of Death and Sylvanas work both for the same people.
    So yes, this is war, things like this happens. And still it's now over. That said, it's not clear how will the Zandalari-Empire stand will be in the future. They are right now weakened, so they have in any way the strength to fight back.

nothing excited, looks like new raid content for the people that enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And Sylvanas burned Teldrassil too, so yes, both sites have enough room to hate each other. But that's war, things like this happens.

And yes, they are trolls, who cares about them. .
    You sound like Garrosh / Sylvanas right now. "They are trolls so who cares"

They are allies of the horde. They pledged themselves to the horde and fought for the horde so they should be treated as an equal to any other faction of the horde. The alliance killed a horde faction leader.

Syvanans is no longer really apart of the horde so her actions do not reflect the horde as a whole. Jaina is still apart of the alliance.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-09-24 at 06:21 PM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I'm not gonna mention anything about cinematics. these are just fantastic and never dissapoints.

story wise... it's hard to say really, Sylvanas just underwent a complete 180 on how she feels about the horde. And she is not the type of person who would just change like that. she already proved herself throughout WoW's history that she was loyal to the horde. for one because after arthas made several people including sylvanas a banshee. sylvanas coming out most powerful but found herself being lost. the horde took her and the forsaken in and has been loyal ever since.

i expect(ed) sylvanas to be more of an anti hero we actually desperately need. because she understand a lot more about azeroth then most would care to admit. her entire characterization was in my eyes pretty much based on that. she is not Garrosh (alot of people would say otherwise). Garrosh had very different motivations and his intention were misguided. Sylvanas right now seems very confident in herself to do whatever the hell she wants without assistance. which is not really how her character was at all. she even allied herself with the alliance. and had compelling defense against the alliance's hatred then greymane took the horde's retreat personally.

BFA ain't over yet. so i will hold my final verdict when it's actually over. but for now Sylvanas seems pretty much out of character. i can point out numerous examples of why apart from what i just wrote here.

story wise, i'd have to give it a 2 for now. if Sylvanas turns out to be the anti hero i expected her to be then it will be a 3.5/4.

Blizzard cinematics never disappoint visually

Poll needs a "It was weak, but at least this means Shadowlands leak was fake /cheer" option.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

There was supposed to be some big reveal, I watched both of the cinematics and did not seen any such thing. Were they referring to Alliance and Horde banding together against Sylvanas? Didn't this already kind of happen with Baine earlier?Also, what's up with Sylvanas, why did she suddenly peace out of there, when she could just destroy that whole army? No explanation was given, so it's just another cliffhanger.

I don't really care about the lore, but for something hyped this much it was rather underwhelming