Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

She wants a throne in the shadow lands so she can have a nice afterlife. She doesn't give a **** about the living. This has always been a huge ego trip for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Hmmm, then yeah, I'd lean towards some "feeding the ____ souls" angle to pop up later.
    Would be my guess she's working for Helya or some new death god thing. Then as you said funneling souls for it to nom on

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Sylvanas has a problem that if she dies again, she will suffer for eternity. She has to deal with whoever is bringing her soul there in the afterlife. Turns out the quest she is working on can solve that problem. Her quest is to fight the void (old god). The old god (i think nzoth) is planning something to wreck azeroth and I think manipulate the living? Sylvannas plan is to have lots of deads (maybe to create undeads or idk) to counter the old god's plan. Death and life united to fight the void. Night elves will be pissed when they realise the Elune allowed the burning of teldrassil to happen.
    Something like that. May someone with more knowledge confirm or fix some parts.
    Where does Sylvanas talk about uniting Death and Life?
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/485822539?t=00h54m20s gives us the best insight into her motives, she complains the forsaken stubbornly cling to Life so the obviously isn't on the side of Life.
    She bargained with Azshara to unleash N'Zoth to fill the streets with corpses and that he (N'Zoth) too will serve Death.
    Remember also that in the 3 sisters comic the void wants Alleria to kill Sylvanas because she serves Death and desires the end of all possibilities so the Void and Death are not allies.

Why she wants to kill everyone we don't know, but as many dead as possible appears to be Sylvanas's plan.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    She is definitely not a mouth breathing idiot with no plan, something is going on behind all of this. As far as leading the Horde being an ego trip; she didn't ask for the crown - she used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    She is definitely not a mouth breathing idiot with no plan, something is going on behind all of this. As far as leading the Horde being an ego trip; she didn't ask for the crown - she used it.
    Right, she totally meant to give up control of the Horde by throwing a fit while everyone was watching...

as far as i can tell.
    she dont want to die, for good, and be stuck in hell for eternal suffering.
    so she wants to kill anything that is a threat to her, before it kills her.
    the horde and the forsaken were just a tool she used to keep herself alive.
    she finally abandoned the last bond she had with world of the living.
    now she serves death, whatever or whoever that is.
    death is a great ally for her, to keep the void from killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Ugh, I can't believe he said the words:

"This isn't even fourth-dimensional chess, Sylvanas is just SO SMART, so so smart..."

Still, her motivations do seem clear, even if they're kind of ridiculous. I'm still just wildly disappointed in the storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Where does Sylvanas talk about uniting Death and Life?
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/485822539?t=00h54m20s gives us the best insight into her motives, she complains the forsaken stubbornly cling to Life so the obviously isn't on the side of Life.
    She bargained with Azshara to unleash N'Zoth to fill the streets with corpses and that he (N'Zoth) too will serve Death.
    Remember also that in the 3 sisters comic the void wants Alleria to kill Sylvanas because she serves Death and desires the end of all possibilities so the Void and Death are not allies.

Why she wants to kill everyone we don't know, but as many dead as possible appears to be Sylvanas's plan.
    I never said sylvanas talked about uniting life and death... I said Elune (life) allowed the burning of teldrassil to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    something is going on behind all of this.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...tic-*spoilers*

btw its absolutely fascinating that the majority of posters still dont know this hugely important lore video exists AND that MMO-C still hasnt added it to the front page

She wants death to all of Azeroth, and not the Bwomsamdi kind of death where you roam the realm of the dead and can get resurrected, the void death, where the world is consumed and we cease to exist on every dimension.
    She's with the void lords now.

obviously she wants to feed as much souls to Hakkar the Soulflayer as possible and next expansion "shadowlands" confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Simplest and most honest answer? We don't know. People will speculate all kind of shit but we simply don't. More specifically, we don't even know when her main objective shifted from something like "existing forever to escape hell + finding ways to make the Forsaken immortal" to...well, to this. Whatever it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

She been ruthless ever since WotLK.

Remember this?

Hope no one have forgotten that scene. She had personal goal for LONG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    She wants death to all of Azeroth, and not the Bwomsamdi kind of death where you roam the realm of the dead and can get resurrected, the void death, where the world is consumed and we cease to exist on every dimension.
    She's with the void lords now.
    She wants the death of all on Azeroth probably, but she is most certainly not with the void lords.
    She says N'Zoth to will serve Death and in the 3 sisters comic the void wants Alleria to kill Sylvanas because she desires the end of everything.

She's just spiteful and wants the whole universe to rot in hell with her.

More.

10chars
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    She wants the death of all on Azeroth probably, but she is most certainly not with the void lords.
    She says N'Zoth to will serve Death and in the 3 sisters comic the void wants Alleria to kill Sylvanas because she desires the end of everything.
    Then I think there has to be a 3rd entity that will be introduced that is against both light and void. She can't do anything alone until she has a servant, her goal is impossible, she can't end everything, she's a mere mortal, or the void lied to Alleria, because really, she's also corrupt herself and she was very useless this expansion.

Sylvanas want(need) a man to keep her happy and calm.But bliztard are trowing some old gays at her and we have SoO again d raid in whit i stoped playin wow (for d time that it was atual conten),this time coled by Anduin The Betrayer.As aliance player i just wonn be able to kill thius shitt hole

Loyalist ending heavily implies that there is a reason for many to die, she mention she has a bargain with Azshara...not N'zoth, Azshara. I think that hints to something more than just working with N'zoth. She also keep telling that people will understand when she is back. So frankly I think Bellulars motivation "she just wants death" is just wrong or way to simplistic.

Just wanting death isn't a motivation, why she wants death is. Which we haven't gotten an answer to, even in loyalist ending. Putting a line as "you all will understand" heavily hints to that there is something more to this. If she wanted to end all life and that's it, there isn't anything to understand and she can't expect others to understand her point of view in that regard... it's nonsensical.