Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who? On What?

In seriousness though, who cares? Most people dont watch twitch.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Asmongoloid. Its either proof of societal decline or my oldage that a neckbeard playing games 24/7 while shouting out profanities is considered the pinnacle of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    My condolences for having him as your face.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Stop glorifying, he's just some guy on the internet. Be a wolf, not a sheep.
    Amen. Nerds worshiping nerds.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I don't know what I should think about it, is it good for us that Asmongold is our face on twitch?

Is he carrying us?
    I don't much care for Asmongold. I think he's shallow, unfunny, has very little in the way of good information to impart about the game and generally is pretty representative of that sort of video culture.

So yeah, I think he actually is sort of bad for the game but my bias against this is very strong. I don't watch him and I think it's a very bad idea that much of Classic's video outreach is centered on a single streamer. His influence far outweighs his importance in the long run. It wouldn't bother me a bit to see Blizzard stop trying to play nice with "influencers".
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Shit, it's bad enough that his face is, well, his face. I'd hate for his face to be the face of anything else.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Anyone dumb enough to spend their time watching mouthbreathers like him on Twitch deserves all the terrible they're served up.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

He is a clown, sometimes borders on asshole, and is not a good player.

That said, I don't really care either way that he is the biggest classic streamer. "Face of classic" is literally a meaningless phrase to me. What does that mean for your typical player?

Pretty sure the majority of people playing classic don't give a shit about Asmongold/streamer culture in general.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't much care for Asmongold. I think he's shallow, unfunny, has very little in the way of good information to impart about the game and generally is pretty representative of that sort of video culture.

So yeah, I think he actually is sort of bad for the game but my bias against this is very strong. I don't watch him and I think it's a very bad idea that much of Classic's video outreach is centered on a single streamer. His influence far outweighs his importance in the long run. It wouldn't bother me a bit to see Blizzard stop trying to play nice with "influencers".
    Why does him being the biggest wow streamer matter, exactly?

Are you worried that you'll tell your friends you play classic, and they'll be all "Ewwww asmon plays that". I can't think of anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a guy with a niche job who caters to a niche group of people that want to watch someone playing the niche version of an already niche game.

His reach isn't very broad in the grand scheme of things, and he isn't "the face" of anything.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

If not asmongold who else?

He is without a doubt very entertaining. So why not asmongold.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Shit, it's bad enough that his face is, well, his face. I'd hate for his face to be the face of anything else.
    There's certain faces that make me uncomfortable looking at and his is up there. Shit makes me shiver, so weird. The shape, facial movements and black lifeless eyes just bugs me out. I couldn't imagine having to sit across a table from him. Reminds of an android.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold's key to success isn't solely on his character, it;s his participation with his audience, he has it all nailed down. He reacts to videos, people love reactions, he does mounts offs, transmog competitions, PvP with community, guild events with the community... It's no wonder the guy is so watched. He's engaged with the audience. Most WoW streamers I see are not engaged with their audience. They say hello, play the game, engage in small talk with the audience, then leave.

Now with that said, his community is toxic as hell, if you ever go to his stream close chat immediately.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-09-25 at 11:09 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Is he carrying us?
    literally the opposite.

I don't know what I should think about it, is it good for us that Asmongold is our face on twitch?

Is he carrying us?
    What? He is not my face!!! I have been playing wow before he even knew what is that thing in his pants and how to use it ( not like he knows now ). So nope, he is not my face nor does he represents me in any way.

Honestly Asmongold is only 'the face of Classic' if you're in an internet bubble where he features prominently.

That's just how the internet works. On an ultra-basic level, stuff gets recommended to you based on what algorithms predict you're going to interact with, based on the stuff that you've previously interacted with.

I personally couldn't give less of a fuck, and as a result he's nowhere near my search results or recommendations. The reality that one person experiences on the internet is not the same as another person's.

Aside from all that, even if he was 'the face of Classic'...what the fuck does that even mean practically speaking? Like what am I supposed to do with that information?
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-09-25 at 11:11 PM.

The fact that people are relating world of warcraft to the face of assmongoloid is not a good sign for the future of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The fact that people are relating world of warcraft to the face of assmongoloid is not a good sign for the future of the game.
    Why you hate him so much? Did he kill you while questing or something?

This obsession with someone you have never met is quite interesting.