Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Sylvanas is quite relatable

She looks out for herself, thats what most human beings do, its in our nature

She wants immortality, to avoid perma-death, avoid "hell" - thats what many humans irl strive for as well (esp religious ones)

She probably wants to ascend to a higher state/godhood (~Goddess of Death) - Im sure plenty of us wouldnt mind that either

Discuss

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    We wouldn't survive as a species, if that would be true.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

"I want that apple" sure is a relatable desire.

"I'm paying you for that apple" is how most sane people would approach.

"I'll stab you in the neck, then take a bite out of every apple you have and walk away chuckling while you bleed to death" is the definition of an evil villain.

She wants immortality, to avoid perma-death, avoid "hell" - thats what many humans irl strive for as well (esp religious ones)

She probably wants to ascend to a higher state/godhood (~Goddess of Death) - Im sure plenty of us wouldnt mind that either

Discuss
    Fuck me, how hard is your dick for Sylvanas? You make it clear in every thread. I don’t know about you, but I’m not a suicidal, temperamental, edgy emo teenager. Just remember, it’s only a phase you are going though. RawR xD

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-26 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Fuck me, how hard is your dick for Sylvanas? You make it clear in every thread. I don’t know about you, but I’m not a suicidal, temperamental, edgy emo teenager. Just remember, it’s only a phase you are going though. RawR xD
    Sylvanas actually looks beefier for an undead than you would think.

Well, humans are social creatures with a need for fairness, order and safety. Yes, we don't really care about people across the globe, but we don't say that our friends and family are "nothing!".

Doesn't she already "live" forever in her undeath? And there is no hell in WoW lore is it?

Discuss
    That might be true. I think she's lost her sanity. She used to fight forsaken without any scruples, but now she seems only self-centered. He ultimate goal has always been, and still is, a mystery I think. Who's her enemy? Everyone?
    Mother pus bucket!

Well, I went with her side of the "story" all the way, not saying I feel that great about that decision now but luckily nothing matters in the sense of "choices" in this game anyway! :P

The thread isnt really about her methods tho, but rather the goals

I legitimately can identify more with hers than with Garroshes orc supremacy or with saint Anduins bleeding heart

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    The "phase" is going on since wc3, so idk ...

10+ Year Old Account
    --- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-26 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

She's more relatable than Jaina Proudmoore. I'll say that at least.

Overly emotional, prome to random acts of violence and burns bridges and cuts all ties the moment she doesn't get her way.

Yeah thats the modern internet alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    --- snip ---
    But she bangs Nathanos

An incel couldnt do that
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-26 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Overly emotional, prome to random acts of violence and burns bridges and cuts all ties the moment she doesn't get her way.

Yeah thats the modern internet alright.
    That or the alt right :P

Wanting to live forever can be something you can relate to easily, sure. We all dread death to some degree in our lives, but the rest of it really isn't.

She's self destructive to the extreme, every single thing she does only advances her making more enemies and therefore bringing about her death earlier. If she were really worried about dying she'd be making more allies instead of enemies. That's always been the issue with her choices in this expansion, especially with a foe as accepting as Anduin. Even after all she did if she'd put on a nice smile and asked forgiveness he'd have pardoned her. That's just how Anduin has been written, infuriatingly naive and trusting. That's about the only thing (besides tits) making her an interesting character, she can't bring herself to trust and therefore will fall entirely because of her shitty decision making.

No I dont think most people would commit genocide and start a global war to gain immortality. Most people have empathy

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Wanting to live forever can be something you can relate to easily, sure. We all dread death to some degree in our lives, but the rest of it really isn't.

She's self destructive to the extreme, every single thing she does only advances her making more enemies and therefore bringing about her death earlier. If she were really worried about dying she'd be making more allies instead of enemies. That's always been the issue with her choices in this expansion, especially with a foe as accepting as Anduin. Even after all she did if she'd put on a nice smile and asked forgiveness he'd have pardoned her. That's just how Anduin has been written, infuriatingly naive and trusting. That's about the only thing (besides tits) making her an interesting character, she can't bring herself to trust and therefore will fall entirely because of her shitty decision making.
    Thats covered in the before the storm book tho

Even Sadfang agreed with her

10+ Year Old Account
    But she bangs Nathanos

An incel couldnt do that
    I know, I was just being silly. I am just saying she isnt relatable.

Jaina is more relatable, especially with her story arc this expansion. A woman who made horrible mistakes, is haunted by the choices she made who learned to move past and on from them as well as do better. I think lots of normal people can relate to that.

Sylvanas can relate to a lot of selfish people for sure. I find her more in line with a whiney emo kid personally :P

Jaina is relatable

Too bad she isnt high queen of the alliance

I agree. Not about her mentality, since most people aren't depressed bitches who's thought process makes no sense and doesn't follow from what they thought a year ago in circumstances less favorable to them, but in her actions and motivation, totally.

My reaction to the Unifaction was also to first vacate the plot and then wish the deaths of all the major characters. In that sense, I identify far more with Sylvanas than I do with any other participant in this shambles and am rooting for her in Wrath of the Bitch Queen. Saurfang is a good start, but here's to hoping she can snag one or two more before she kicks the bucket. Anduin would be best, but he's immortal, and so is Calia, so Baine will have to do.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-09-26 at 10:20 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

She is relatable for most of mmo-champ posters in a way that she throws a tantrum the first second someone confronts her BS with facts.