Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't really look up to other players as such, they're just other people playing a computer game. But I was impressed with Raegwyn and Mione for their soloing skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Mounts, only way to know if a player has cleared some mythic content or high rating pvp.
    You mean mounts what people sell for gold or can be farmed in next exapansion? Not really.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    TBH, only someone with the Crazy Cat title impresses me anymore.
    Yes! I have that!
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    If you divide a player's r.io rating by 100 you get the size of his di*k in centimeters
    What about female players?

OT, impressive players are those whom I don't need to tear my hair off to heal their asses, while at the same time pulling at least decent damage/healing/mitigation. Bonus points for being polite, if not friendly. Mythic titles/mounts used to command a fair bit of admiration - before they could be bought, that is.

As for PvP, I just dgaf, even if there are some cool xmogs and mounts.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-09-26 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    I never said this goes for everyone. But a LOT of people did care.
    Where you getting this statistic from??

Playing a video game isn't impressive.

People who run communities and events or rank 1 and first 100 kill guilds but I don't stop and stare like a child back in the old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I guess you speak for everyone?
    "When is a wow player impressive to you?"

I gUeSs yOu sPeAk fOr EvRyOnE?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I am the only one who can impress me. And pet battlers. Man that is dedication. That amount of endurance and effort is impressive. How can anyone live like that??! Salute to them!!

Back in the days, raiders would /flex in Orgrimmar with their newly acquired raiding gear. People would inspect them and hope they once, would loot the items themselves.

These days, the population is incredibly sharded and with all the transmogs available, nobody seems to stand out.

For me, only rank 1 gladiator titles with a decent win-lose ratio, or famed titled players stand out. All others are just the 'average joe' for me.

What makes you look up at a WoW player and why?
    It's just a video game, pixels don't really impress me. If you go out of your way to help someone who is struggling or to do someone a good turn- that is what impresses me.

When they don't come to forums to complain about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Sounds a bit like the Dunning Kruger effect in action. You consider your competence to be average because you find it easy.

The fact of the matter is that being good at PvE (as measured relative to other players) has a lot to do with skill - skill acquired through effort and time.

The number of buttons you have to press is irrelevant. When you're talking about any competitive activity, it's all about how good you are at it relative to other players. Take a sport like football for example: It's one of the most elementary, simple games in existence. Anyone (some physical disabilities/impairments excepted) can kick a ball into a net. Yet you wouldn't try to argue that people like Lionel Messi or Christaino Ronaldo lack skill.

The skill in PvP has nothing to do with how complex the character skill set is, it's all about how well you can execute it relative to other people.
    Truly spoken like someone who has never played an organized football game in their life.

You're saying picking one out of 5 possible answers isn't easier than picking one out of 20. It's common sense. The game was harder to play when you had 20+ abilities on your action bars than now that you have 10 and half of them are cool downs.

If PvE actually takes skill then how was Alan from SeriousGaming a raider for Blood Legion, which was for a long time one of the top 3 WoW guilds in the world. If you don't know who he is, then Towelliee is a fresher example. PvE takes time, not skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It is, because i doubt im the only one that thinks like this.
    Just stop while you're not too far behind, dude.

Gear was the defacto and absolute bar for determining how 'serious' a player was back in the day, especially in Vanilla or TBC. We didn't have titles, achievements, lots of special mounts, etc. We had purple gear.

You can sit here and fucking pout about it and rage against the machine and scream about how there's DOZENS of you, but we don't want to hear it.

When something is going wrong and the player stays positive and gives helpful advice instead of throwing a tantrum. To me that's far more impressive than a full mythic set or a world first

5+ Year Old Account
    Having a RARE item that isn't in the game anymore and hasn't been for a LONG time.

Seeing my cousin 1v2 in arena against the best comp at the time and with them being a high rank.

Certain titles.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Back when a wow player was impressive to me was if they had sulfuras in vanilla or something they worked really hard towards to and showed off. Includes Pvp gear or mythic tier gear but in a different color. But now it is not that impressive anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Thats just bs, didnt care bout others loot back then and neither do i do it now.
    Seems like you're part of the minority of players.

Aspiration has long been something that pressed folks to strive for better gear, etc in wow. Especially those familiar with the grind -- when you see someone with some gear that you KNOW is hard to grind, like both pairs of Dal'Rends, Briarwood Reed, Carapace, Truestrike Shoulders, and other rare pieces, or even full sets of raid quality gear, it's definitely impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Mounts, only way to know if a player has cleared some mythic content or high rating pvp.
    Or paid for a carry
    Or bought an account
    Or got lucky an expansion or two later
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I doubt there is anything in wow that you can't do if you don't throw enough time at it.
    Well being a server or world first mythic player, I don't think I'm willing to put that much work into a game unless I was getting payed lol, and may not even be good enough to pull such off because I don't play to perfection.

Back in the days, raiders would /flex in Orgrimmar with their newly acquired raiding gear. People would inspect them and hope they once, would loot the items themselves.

These days, the population is incredibly sharded and with all the transmogs available, nobody seems to stand out.

For me, only rank 1 gladiator titles with a decent win-lose ratio, or famed titled players stand out. All others are just the 'average joe' for me.

What makes you look up at a WoW player and why?
    When my enemy doesn't run away as they die