Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Horde Cinematic alternate ending

Yet another case, I think, of there being no-one left at Blizzard who remembers what made WoW such a compelling RPG full of depth.

And how many, many Forsaken players chosen their race with eyes open.

Its also been what, 12 years canonically, with the Forsaken in the Horde, having experienced a bunch of world-ending threats with them. You know, things that build camaraderie with the people you experience them with.

Shockingly some of them might actually not despise the Horde. Especially considering all the narrative legwork they've been doing for years showing that not all forsaken are immoral, unfeeling, monsters. Then their leader that they revere as like a death Goddess just called them nothing in public and then abandoned them.

And while I know its fun to mindlessly bitch about the story because your undead crush didn't metagame her way even further than she already has, it makes sense how some of the Forsaken react.

Hell we see even in the epilogue that she never gave two fucks about the Forsaken like people kept insisting she did. They were always just arrows in the quiver. At best she, as she says, pitied them, but she never cared about them. Not in the way that she and her defenders pretended like she did. Like a lot of us have been saying for over a decade, Sylvanas is nothing but a selfish, power hungry despot. Thank god 8.2.5 shattered all the Sylvanas fanboy talking points, that makes this patch one of the best of all time based on that alone.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-09-27 at 11:44 AM.

Couldn't have put it any better...

I think their plague was destroyed with Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Its also been what, canonical 12 years, with the Forsaken in the Horde, having experienced a bunch of world-ending threats.

Shockingly some of them might actually not despise the Horde considering, you know, all the narrative legwork they've been doing for years showing that not all forsaken are immoral, unfeeling, monsters. Then their leader that they revere as like a death goddess just called them nothing in public and then abandoned them.
    This.

Hell wasn't that part of the point of reclaiming Undercity after the Wrathgate incident and ensuing distrust directed at them from the rest of the horde? To show that the majority of the forsaken are actually committed to the horde now and care about being perceived as traitors who are only out for themselves?
    Last edited by Izalla; 2019-09-27 at 04:18 AM.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cause only forsakens are there amright?, if they somehow turn their backs there, they would be overwhelmed by the orchish, troll and tauren population inside in a blink of a eye lmao

Forsaken joined in an alliance of convenience to use the horde as a tool to survive against the humans who tried to wipe then out and to get revenge against the LK

more than 15 have passed, the LK is dead, their revenge fulfilled, what you want then to do if not have hope for a future to not be wiped out, Sylvanas is sending then to be slaughtered, she lost their city that they worked hard to reclaim and say they don't matter and are just tools, you want then to stay in a no personality or individual thinking state living just to worship here forever being the #evillguys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I think their plague was destroyed with Lordaeron.
    Its used at Darkshore and on horde attacks in Kul'tiras. We have a lot stored under Org as well you see it when you free Baine.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would've been MUCH MORE satisfied with this as an ending.

What annoys me the most abou these cinematics is that the the main characters look different in each one. As if they took new artists every damn time who have no clue how those characters look anywhere else.

The entire character art is not consistent. You only recognise characters from the armor, not from their facial features.

Can't Blizzard afford decent artists anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its used at Darkshore and on horde attacks in Kul'tiras. We have a lot stored under Org as well you see it when you free Baine.
    What if that was the plan the whole time, draw them into Orgrimmar to blow it up with the plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

While Forsaken are opportunists, I can't see them trying to fight two armies at once. Maybe if they had a blight ambush planned, but never in a fair fight

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    What annoys me the most abou these cinematics is that the the main characters look different in each one. As if they took new artists every damn time who have no clue how those characters look anywhere else.

The entire character art is not consistent. You only recognise characters from the armor, not from their facial features.

What the hell are you even talking about?

Have you ever read a comic book in your life? Of course there are variations in characters. Also, say what you will about plot and storylines, their cinematics are of AMAZING artistic quality.

7+ Year Old Account

Think you might need to get your eyes checked

7+ Year Old Account
    And here i was expecting her to get death gripped out of the sky as she flew off, to be dragged down in to an anti magic zone placed by said DK as she gets surrounded by all the class hall champions who then proceed to basically just erase her from existence.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats only Anduins face

Imagine non-ironically hating WoW so much you find ways to be bitter about the only thing Blizzard consistently does right.

Only on MMO-C. Jesus.

Yep, they are retconing the forsaken.
    They never cared about the livings. They never cared about their past loved ones
    But now, for the sake of retard Golden 8 years old disney princess mentality we have them retconed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer this one

(from reddit)
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Yep, they are retconing the forsaken.
    They never cared about the livings. They never cared about their past loved ones
    But now, for the sake of retard Golden 8 years old disney princess mentality we have them retconed.
    Those forsaken were not retconned. They were literally killed off during early WotLK, when they followed Varimathras and Putress and attempted a coup.

One could have thought that Sylvanas has huge blight deposit under Orgrimmar.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.