Page 1 of 2
LastLast

All i think about Sylvanas at the moment

Sylvanas has been the most enigmatic character to date.

Regardless of all she did and what she didn't, she will always be a character that we have so much to talk about, because she is somewhat mysterious.

She was also not a good leader, despite a lot of people liking her character, me included. And i think she is too full of herself, she failed to see the ones that betrayed her in the past, so now she thinks she can control everything and stopped giving a thing for others, only thinking about her own self and her survival, that is truly not what a leader does, even less as a Warchief.

In a span of 8 years she was betrayed 3 times or so, she trusted Godfrey, and a Dreadlord as her closest advisor, and she got backstabbed and even Godfrey killed her, as she never thought he would and she was in shock.

She is powerful but she is for sure not omnipotent and omniscient, as everyone thinks, she doesn't see everything that is coming = that's why she got backstabbed before.

Whatever is giving her the idea that an Old God will serve Death, she can't be really sure that will happen.
    I think whatever she saw on her last Death, made her want to come back and serve Death and led her to this conclusion that all life needed to be ended and feed this hungering darkness, whoever this hungering darkness is.

This hungering darkness must be really creepy because Sylvanas really hates to be the person that takes orders. She having a master is still quite confusing.

On the "Windrunner: Three sisters" comic, Alleria has voices saying she serves void's true enemy - Death. This proved to be right at 8.2.5 cinematic of the Sylvanas loyalists, where she talks about the bargain with Azshara will yet to bear fruit and that the armies of azeroth (us included) will fight her Master (N'zoth) and that he will line their streets with corpses.

Void and Death are totally opposite things, and the forsaken seems to even be immune to the curse of flesh. Which is a curse created by Yogg saron - Void.

With this being said, i think Sylvanas is too confident that she is on the top, because Void and Light need the living, so she being on the side of Death, she will win. Void (Old gods) and Light clash with each other. And she is neither.

I think she is being way too much blind to this serving Death, because all that needs the living (even an Old god) and life itself is weak and that she can manipulate anything.

At this point, i just want to see that her character will drop off this crazy idea, whatever she saw when she died the last time, made her this way. She didn't only this time died and want revenge, she now has a motive, and she is getting powerful to do what her master tells her to do.

I want to see this "Death" master of hers. Or know more about it and it's hungering darkness.

I think Sylvanas used to be a more interesting character than now. She had reasons to do what she was doing, this whole Death servings are still confusing but will still make me curious regardless. We only have a conceived ideal of what this Death is, when in truth, it's a incognito for all of us.

By now, it's 99% credible that this master of hers is the one that whispered Vol'jin. At least i believe so.
    The 1% is because we can't be truly sure to be 100%. Even more on wow, we never know.

Overall, i think her character is still pretty enigmatic and that even tho she was not my warchief, as she was for some, and never will be, i will always have interest in her character development, she is also truly manipulative:

SHE WAS CAPABLE OF MAKING WHOLE HORDE BELIEVE THAT PACIFIST ANDUIN WRYNN, WOULD USE AZERITE ON THE HORDE.

The Dark Lady is probably forever one of the most favorite, well developed characters, she will always give us something to talk about.
    For this reason, i don't know either if i want to see her dead. WoW needs character with charisma like her.

I love her mysterious way. I hate what she does and what she was being turned into this expansion, she is not my warchief.

But neither i want anymore warchiefs on the horde.

Don't need to agree with me, but with this whole things happening, i opened up my thoughts to you!
    Feel free to share yours.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-28 at 05:38 PM.

SHE WAS CAPABLE OF MAKING WHOLE HORDE BELIEVE THAT PACIFIST ANDUIN WRYNN, WOULD USE AZERITE ON THE HORDE.
    Yeah, because the rest of the Horde are stupid as shit. It took them 15 years to realize Sylvanas couldn't give a flying fuck about them even if she tried.

As for Sylvanas, she is one of the more complex characters left (and that's not an impressive feat), but she is a pretty average villain at best if we consider the entire Warcraft franchise or just the RPG fictional world in general. Nothing special.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Yeah, because the rest of the Horde are stupid as shit. It took them 15 years to realize Sylvanas couldn't give a flying fuck about them even if she tried.
    Indeed, but we were all there when she burnt teldrassil, we actually went there, to prevent a war when she just started one by burning them all.
    The whole horde was there, even Saurfang that was in shame for the whole expansion (as we all know 10000x times over).

I meeeeaan, the Alliance did start showing up and killing the Horde gobbo's mining Azerite almost immediately. Which benefited her.
    She was always good at framing events into trends and narratives that suited her goals.

7+ Year Old Account
    As a longtime Horde player, I always somewhat saw the Forsaken as their own faction. They always felt like they were separate from the Horde. They just felt soo different than the other Horde races. I've always felt like she was kinda off doing her own thing. She's always seemed very mysterious to me. Calculating, comes to mind. Maybe not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Indeed, but we were all there when she burnt teldrassil, we actually went there, to prevent a war when she just started one by burning them all.
    The whole horde was there, even Saurfang that was in shame for the whole expansion (as we all know 10000x times over).
    But that's my point. She fooled them not because she's smart, but because they're stupid. Anyone who paid attention to Garrosh would have GTFO after Teldrassil, but nobody did (not even Saurfang, until Lordaeron).
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Sylvanas has been the most complex character to date.
    No. She has been the simplest. She hates all life and that has been clear from the beginning.

But that's my point. She fooled them not because she's smart, but because they're stupid. Anyone who paid attention to Garrosh would have GTFO after Teldrassil, but nobody did (not even Saurfang, until Lordaeron).
    Ye and i agreed. We were stupid, someone could have said, listen yo, you're our warchief but everyone knows that anduin is a damn pacifist.

Alliance did that themselves. Or we wiping Genn attack and attacks on goblin miners from the record now?

If she wasn't a "its not rotten so its okay to fuck her" fuel for thirsty neets she wouldnt be treated any different to garrosh. But no forget genocide "muh undead grim dark beautiful elf queen waifu, muh dark laydee" is what matters.

Complex? she is a copy-paste or Arthas at this point,in my book Illidan/Malfurion and other characters are far more complex than her

Quote Originally Posted by discofleshpot View Post
    As a longtime Horde player, I always somewhat saw the Forsaken as their own faction. They always felt like they were separate from the Horde. They just felt soo different than the other Horde races. I've always felt like she was kinda off doing her own thing. She's always seemed very mysterious to me. Calculating, comes to mind. Maybe not though.
    I have seen them as a third faction too. But many forsaken i feel they didn't even want to bend the knee to Sylvanas and the forsaken death to the living thing, because when they are resurrected they are confused, lost and sad. Some of them even commit suicide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If she wasn't a "its not rotten so its okay to fuck her" fuel for thirsty neets she wouldnt be treated any different to garrosh. But no forget genocide "muh undead grim dark beautiful elf queen waifu, muh dark laydee" is what matters.
    Ahahahahah queen waifu cause hot.
    She is no different than Garrosh this expansion. Even Garrosh made a better leader, with his twisted ideals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I meeeeaan, the Alliance did start showing up and killing the Horde gobbo's mining Azerite almost immediately. Which benefited her.
    She was always good at framing events into trends and narratives that suited her goals.
    She can be manipulative like that, she sees an opportunity and she puts her hands on it.

Sylvanas is just Vriska Serket without a meta-excuse for why she is so focused on in the story.

NOTHING about Sylvanas is mysterious.
    Her character is built around literally everyone around her being stupid beyond belief and us only knowing half the story - like, I only know half the story of Michael Jordans way to fame, doesn't make the guy mysterious, just means that I don't know shit.

Her character has questionable and unreasonable motives and goals, her actions are questionable and make no real sense and plans rely on everyone around her being fucking idiots with the general population behaving like the crowds in animes for 12 y/o people.

It's not that she's Tywin Lannister or the Night King, the whole story revolves around everyone around her being Hodor.

This whole story will resolve with Blizzard revealing that an Old god or some shit manipulated everyone into being stupid af and that's gonna be it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Complex? she is a copy-paste or Arthas at this point,in my book Illidan/Malfurion and other characters are far more complex than her
    Well to be quite fair i wanted to say enigmatic but just came up with complex, i changed it.

But ye she is totally a Lich Queen version now. She murder her own people to goals, she kills children and she kills people just to raise them, sounds familiar.

I'd just like to go on record, that I've been saying Sylvanas does give a shit about The Horde, and never did, and was simply using it to her own ends since 8.1, and debates I've had with @Super Dickmann can attest to that. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    NOTHING about Sylvanas is mysterious.
    Her character is built around literally everyone around her being stupid beyond belief and us only knowing half the story - like, I only know half the story of Michael Jordans way to fame, doesn't make the guy mysterious, just means that I don't know shit.

Her character has questionable and unreasonable motives and goals, her actions are questionable and make no real sense and plans rely on everyone around her being fucking idiots with the general population behaving like the crowds in animes for 12 y/o people.

It's not that she's Tywin Lannister or the Night King, the whole story revolves around everyone around her being Hodor.

This whole story will resolve with Blizzard revealing that an Old god or some shit manipulated everyone into being stupid af and that's gonna be it.
    Well "Old gods influences" causes chaos.
    manipulated everyone into being stupid af and that's gonna be it.
    We get pretty dumb and stupid in fact.

Although, as i expressed myself i disagree, she is mysterious, i don't know what she plans exactly to do yet, even with the cinematic of her loyalists. That is being mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'd just like to go on record, that I've been saying Sylvanas does give a shit about The Horde, and never did, and was simply using it to her own ends since 8.1, and debates I've had with @Super Dickmann can attest to that. Just sayin'.
    Can confirm. Apparently even Blizzard weren't aware of this since they had her wax poetic about how much she respected Vol'jin and how she was bound to listen to him because he was her Warchief in BTS. Then again, Sylvanas is operating on such high dimensions of chess that she was lying to the reader in her own mind.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yet you had people saying she was the best warchief and "For the dark lady" the whole expansion to date.
    Lol to be quite fair i don't even know what the horde stands for anymore. After the whole conversation about Saurfang saying that the horde was founded in this blablabla dishonor. I just feel that what i thought about the horde was all wrong. And everyday more now.

I quite like the idea of the horde starting a new era, to identify themselves. Like in real life people, sometimes needs to do a spiritual retreat from their homes, to know what they like, how they truly are, and what they want to do next in their future. Horde is in desperate need to discover it's identity.

Yet you had people saying she was the best warchief and "For the dark lady" the whole expansion to date.
    Lol to be quite fair i don't even know what the horde stands for anymore. After the whole conversation about Saurfang saying that the horde was founded in this blablabla dishonor. I just feel that what i thought about the horde was all wrong. And everyday more now.

I quite like the idea of the horde starting a new era, to identify themselves. Like in real life people, sometimes needs to do a spiritual retreat from their homes, to know what they like, how they truly are, and what they want to do next in their future. Horde is in desperate need to discover it's identity.
    Strange, where have I seen that before........