Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Marijuana Vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide

Be careful of Pesticides in Marijuana and Knockoff Nicotine Vapes too.

Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide
    NBC News commissioned laboratory tests of knock-off marijuana vapes that found a pesticide linked to hydrogen cyanide in 10 out 10 products.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vapin...anide-n1059356
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    why are pesticides turning up in vapes at all?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Probably because Illegal Marijuana Farmers are using Pesticides when growing them.
    sorry if this sounds ignorant but why are people buying these vapes in the first place? can they not buy them legally?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    sorry if this sounds ignorant but why are people buying these vapes in the first place? can they not buy them legally?
    In some places yes, Knockoff Ones tend to be more affordable.

Probably because Illegal Marijuana Farmers are using Pesticides when growing them.

People are suggesting it's mainly vitamin E acetate an additive in Marijuana Vapes and Hydrogen Cyanide are causing the issues.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-09-28 at 04:36 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Not in every state, and probably not easily in some states where marijuana has been decriminalized. This whole vape controversy has to do with these tainted THC vapes killing people, and reactionary legislation is punishing legit vapers. This is why I am ALWAYS against reactionary legislation.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. More discreet than herb vaporizers or smoking.

2. Federally, no. State laws vary.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Recreational marijuana still isn't legal in most states and even where it is, the legal age of purchase is usually 21 (unlike in Canada or the Netherlands), so anyone (especially a young person) who wants to vape THC concentrates will have to obtain it illegally unless they get a medical marijuana permit.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-09-28 at 05:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because parents rather have them banned to watch their kids.

Which means the market goes unregulated

Which means bootleggers regulate it.

- - - Updated - - -

The people who are buying them tend to people who are underaged or live in places where weed is illegal.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Because politics is reactionary vapes and how dangerous they are will only become regulated if enough people die from them based on your nation standards of how many deaths make politicians act.

Might be just me but does seem vapes in general are increasingly getting more of a bad name, not sure if that's even just because of bad quality products. I question how safe this whole thing is even when using the least harmful products.

It's mostly poor people and students in states where it is illegal who don't know better than to get ripped off by shady dealers.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread feels barren without Shadowferal telling us all that all vapes are killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    This thread feels barren without Shadowferal telling us all that all vapes are killing people.
    they were really stubborn about it too. No matter how much we showed.

Because of the American prohibition of Marijuana in 2019.

That’s the short answer

10+ Year Old Account
    When you can't fix over population with a Thanos snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    They are bad for you. People that thought there were no negatives to it are ignorant. It just took time for them to do damage, and now we are starting to see that. Obviously some are worse than others, but even the least bad is still bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They are bad for you. People that thought there were no negatives to it are ignorant. It just took time for them to do damage, and now we are starting to see that. Obviously some are worse than others, but even the least bad is still bad.
    I'm not sure how this is relevant to my post. You seem to be arguing against a position that no one is taking.

I frequent another message board with people that have pretty much been vaping since vaping became a thing and whatever is happening now, is something new. I vape, and I mix my own vape juice .. got me off cigs and I feel 100x better because of it - but if they do whatever reactionary crap they're trying to do now, I'm scared I'll end up going back to cigs.

Edit: I vape nicotine, not THC / marijuana - just to be clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Explain the cases where people were hospitalized after a few weeks of using their vape, vs those who have been vaping for the better part of a decade and not having these issues.

From what i've been gathering from articles, and news reports, there is something currently in circulation that deviates from the typical e-liquids.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Recreational marijuana still isn't legal in most states and even where it is, the legal age of purchase is usually 21 (unlike in Canada or the Netherlands), so anyone (especially a young person) who wants to vape THC concentrates will have to obtain it illegally unless they get a medical marijuana permit.
    In Canada illegal stuff is far better and cheaper than the legal stuff and the Gov is now lowering their prices to compete like we said they should have to begin with, it actually made the illegal stuff sell better haha.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Be careful of Pesticides in Marijuana and Knockoff Nicotine Vapes too.
    Prob best to stay away from any 3rd party cartridge.