Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Exactly how the fuck is juivie and monitoring and counseling getting off? What type of punishment do you want? Adult jail and daily raping?

My rational is the normal one. You can’t bring back the dead but you can try to make the best and rehab people it is what is best for society.
    What is best to rehab people is rich people nonsense lol

There is an element of punishment that we consider when we think of justice. They should at least be charged with battery.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    What is best to rehab people is rich people nonsense lol

There is an element of punishment that we consider when we think of justice. They should at least be charged with battery.
    and manslaughter
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Because its light shit. I've seen dudes willing to do 7-10 hard for less.

It's not normal. You expect people to just fuck off after their child is killed while the killers get off easy and hand held to better lives. You show more concern for the murderers than the victims that ain't normal.
    Finally someone who sees the parents perspective. I am not one myself, but seeing the others failling to consider that, it just makes me sick.
    Also bringing the argument that it was an ACCIDENT. It doesn't matter! Someone died because of those 2 direct actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly how the fuck is juivie and monitoring and counseling getting off? What type of punishment do you want? Adult jail and daily raping?

My rational is the normal one. You can’t bring back the dead but you can try to make the best and rehab people it is what is best for society.
    Encouraging others to do these kinds of acts by having joke punishments is not whats best for society.
    Its not about giving the "deserved" punishment but about deterring others from even thinking about it.

"Hey Billy lets fuck that kid up"
    "Umm I don't know... what if something bad happens, he falls and dies.."
    "Cmon don't be such a wuss, whats the worst that could happen? Juvie and some "rehab" ?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yeah, these kids need to be punished severely. Calling for death is a bit disgusting but "they're just kids" is just as bad imo. There's punching a kid for him to accidentally fall to his death, then there's punching a kid three times, one while he's already down after hitting his head on a pillar. Fuck them.
    I agree 100%

It was an assault. Then probably manslaughter or 2nd degree murder depending on the situation, history, and intent. Kids will be kids and that certainly plays a role here but end of the day someones life was lost during a apparently unprovoked surprise attack.

A shame for sure that one so young is going to end up throwing the, at the very least, best years of his life away for such a stupid thing. The parents obviously raised the child horribly or/and the school did a horrible job identifying the problem before it happened and these parties might need some punishment too. It at least needs to be investigated.

But the worse thing is someone so young died over something so stupid and the kids poor parents that are dealing with it.

Because its light shit. I've seen dudes willing to do 7-10 hard for less.

It's not normal. You expect people to just fuck off after their child is killed while the killers get off easy and hand held to better lives. You show more concern for the murderers than the victims that ain't normal.
    Because a justice system is not about revenge. I know this is a tough concept for Americans but it very simply is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Encouraging others to do these kinds of acts by having joke punishments is not whats best for society.
    Its not about giving the "deserved" punishment but about deterring others from even thinking about it.

"Hey Billy lets fuck that kid up"
    "Umm I don't know... what if something bad happens, he falls and dies.."
    "Cmon don't be such a wuss, whats the worst that could happen? Juvie and some "rehab" ?
    You are aware juvenile detention is prison for juveniles right and 13 year olds are juveniles and are in a juvenile prison. Rehabilitation and mental health is nothing new being that prisons are the largest providers of mental health.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Finally someone who sees the parents perspective. I am not one myself, but seeing the others failling to consider that, it just makes me sick.
    Also bringing the argument that it was an ACCIDENT. It doesn't matter! Someone died because of those 2 direct actions.
    So what? If someone killed someone I love I’d want them dead. I wouldn’t want my wanting them dead to also be legally considered as part of anything because there should be a separation of vengeance and well justice. Justice is not making sure victims get vengeance.

Here is a simple question , what does society get by punishing children harshly as adults when they’re not adults and don’t think like adults. What scientific principal are you using to age up a 13 year old to 20? Do you think children should be allowed to have sex with adults. Drink smoke and go to war?

13 year old terrorists are strapped with bombs and told they’ll survive and some believe it and are used and killed. You fucking think an adult would think that way?

If juveniles are not in anyway physically an adult and easily manipulated and pressured why in the fuck would you treat them as an adult only if they commit a crime but for all other purposes they’re children?

How does society benefit by punishing them and make everyone pay taxes to care for what typically becomes a reformed person?
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-09-30 at 12:41 PM.

So what? If someone killed someone I love I’d want them dead. I wouldn’t want my wanting them dead to also be legally considered as part of anything because there should be a separation of vengeance and well justice. Justice is not making sure victims get vengeance.

Here is a simple question , what does society get by punishing children harshly as adults when they’re not adults and don’t think like adults. What scientific principal are you using to age up a 13 year old to 20? Do you think children should be allowed to have sex with adults. Drink smoke and go to war?

13 year old terrorists are strapped with bombs and told they’ll survive and some believe it and are used and killed. You fucking think an adult would think that way?

If juveniles are not in anyway physically an adult and easily manipulated and pressured why in the fuck would you treat them as an adult only if they commit a crime but for all other purposes they’re children?

How does society benefit by punishing them and make everyone pay taxes to care for what typically becomes a reformed person?

You blew this out of proportions.
    I was just merely saying they should get an appropiate punishment, so they would be made aware that actions have consequences.

I was just merely saying they should get an appropiate punishment, so they would be made aware that actions have consequences.
    Yet you’re quoting a guy who said I am asking for light punishment. And excusing them. Juvenile prison counseling and monitoring is what I’ve said and that is considered too weak by many posters which rather them dead or locked up for life.
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-09-30 at 01:20 PM.

Yet you’re quoting a guy who said I am asking for light punishment. And excusing them. Juvenile prison counseling and monitoring is what I’ve said and that is considered too weak by many posters which rather then dead or locked up for life.
    Looks like 2 extremes, I am somewhere in the middle

And no one is arguing otherwise. @Themius just seems to be highlighting the portion of the sentence that deals with rehabilitation rather than the part that deals with the punishment, but they WILL be getting punished, justifiably so but that's not the only thing they'll be getting.

Edit: Didn't mean to quote the other person, sorry if you get a notification and don't see your post here.

Children aren't adults until they've done something people don't like then suddenly they are.

Give kids of 13 the vote if you want to try them as adults. What? That would be irresponsible because they aren't mature enough yet? But...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    False equivalency. Both combatants are willful participants....oh and it's 1 v 1.
    Ultimate accidental death was the point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Children aren't adults until they've done something people don't like then suddenly they are.

Give kids of 13 the vote if you want to try them as adults. What? That would be irresponsible because they aren't mature enough yet? But...
    It is so weird how people always do this when it comes to kids.

15+ Year Old Account

Go ahead and give them the right to vote. Little brats should know by this age that attacking someone is wrong. Wanna beat someone up and it results in "accidental" death? Charged as an adult

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Go ahead and give them the right to vote. Little brats should know by this age that attacking someone is wrong. Wanna beat someone up and it results in "accidental" death? Charged as an adult
    I mean, I actually agree with this. I just find it funny how out of one side of the mouth people will say "kids r retarded" then as soon as one of them does something fucked up it's "Clearly this person is a functioning adult and should be treated as such"
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Shades of gray. There are varying degrees. Read "Of Mice And Men."
    Someone will have to translate it into English :P Steinbeck is the worst I've ever been asked to read in terms of trying to understand hte literal meaning of the words on the page, although I'll admit I've not read much Chaucer :P

Seriously though, I'll give it a whirl some time.

Because a justice system is not about revenge. I know this is a tough concept for Americans but it very simply is not.

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware juvenile detention is prison for juveniles right and 13 year olds are juveniles and are in a juvenile prison. Rehabilitation and mental health is nothing new being that prisons are the largest providers of mental health.

- - - Updated - - -

You treat them as an adult because their actions were so heinous that's the only suitable punishment. It doesnt matter if they could or couldnt comprehend. They took someone's life in a malicious manner and destroyed the lives of that persons loved ones. Their actions should land them 40 years, 5 spent in juvie if that makes you feel better.

Society doesnt benefit from alienating the decent people that lost a child just to try and cater to two animals that will probably never be anything more no matter what you try to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Put them in front of a firing squad and then put blanks in their guns and then after put them in prison.
    Sociopathy is not a good thing. What you are asking for would serve no one, except create couple of crazies later on.

Hypocrisy, as is usual on the internet. After all, just look at Greta - "A 16 year old does not know anything and is just a kid!". Then you have this, and suddenly they are on the level of adults...

You treat them as an adult because their actions were so heinous that's the only suitable punishment. It doesnt matter if they could or couldnt comprehend. They took someone's life in a malicious manner and destroyed the lives of that persons loved ones. Their actions should land them 40 years, 5 spent in juvie if that makes you feel better.

Society doesnt benefit from alienating the decent people that lost a child just to try and cater to two animals that will probably never be anything more no matter what you try to do with them.
    So 13 year olds should be able to freely have sex since it is an adult act right? What a crock of shit “children are just children with brains not fully developed so if they do a crime they’re now adults!” Is a dumb argument.

Also violence IS LITERALLY MORE PREVALENT IN ADOLESCENTS than in adults. So saying violent actions are adult actions is just some random shit that holds no weight. Teens are more impulsive and have lower executive functions hence criminality is at the height in teen years. So actually “violence” and such are very much the actions of a young brain not an adult one. Why the fuck do you think violence is an adult act when it is MOST PREVALENT IN ADOLESCENCE?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Sociopathy is not a good thing. What you are asking for would serve no one, except create couple of crazies later on.

Hypocrisy, as is usual on the internet. After all, just look at Greta - "A 16 year old does not know anything and is just a kid!". Then you have this, and suddenly they are on the level of adults...
    Look at Moador who magically thinks violence makes a teen an adult because they view violence as an adult act when criminality and violence is actually more common among adolescents so... it is very much a teen act. Yet nooo it is arbitrarily adult against all fucking science and stats.

So 13 year olds should be able to freely have sex since it is an adult act right? What a crock of shit “children are just children with brains not fully developed so if they do a crime they’re now adults!” Is a dumb argument.

Also violence IS LITERALLY MORE PREVALENT IN ADOLESCENTS than in adults. So saying violent actions are adult actions is just some random shit that holds no weight. Teens are more impulsive and have lower executive functions hence criminality is at the height in teen years. So actually “violence” and such are very much the actions of a young brain not an adult one. Why the fuck do you think violence is an adult act when it is MOST PREVALENT IN ADOLESCENCE?

- - - Updated - - -

Look at Moador who magically thinks violence makes a teen an adult because they view violence as an adult act when criminality and violence is actually more common among adolescents so... it is very much a teen act. Yet nooo it is arbitrarily adult against all fucking science and stats.
    I didnt say anything about magic. Your arguement Is also really poor. I remember being 13 and I remember my 13 year old friends. None of us had body counts. We all knew there would be consequences for stuff we did. I'm sure it's the same for the vast majority of people.

But ignorance of consequences doesnt excuse you from them. Justice is these boys in prison till late adulthood