Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I want Blizzard to disband the Horde and Alliance...

And do a big Cata style revamp with all the quests and make it so that you can play any race and visit all the cities and zones, you will just be a citizen of Azeroth. There will be racial quests for you do that will be done in your start zone and adjacent lands almost like it is in Guild Wars 2 with the higher level zones being end game with a big bad at the end.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead. And that World of Warcraft... died with him"

Here is an idea why dont you just play Guild Wars 2 and leave the core of Warcraft alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    And I want missile launchers on my car too.

Just because you want something doesn't mean it should happen.

This isn't Guild Wars 2. This is Warcraft. I'm not one of those people who think there should never be peace, but the two factions should remain. The best solution is just loosening them by expanding the Rebel/Loyalist path introduced in BfA for the Horde.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    And I want missile launchers on my car too.

Just because you want something doesn't mean it should happen.
    missile launchers on a car aint in the realm of impossibilities tho, you can even make your own. Might not work that well. but that depends on you

If they leave the faction barrier alone for another expansion they are just hurting the game. If you are somebody who cares about organized group content you simply have FAR less opportunities on the blue side, down to the point where you will simply be unable to find people to play with.

You may like factions for whatever reason. But leaving them in place will only drive more people away from the game faster.

And that is not even touching on factions only making sense if there actually is different, EQUAL content for both factions to play - something Blizzard has NEVER been able to deliver in 15 years of the game, which is one (minor) reason why the faction imbalance has gotten as bad as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    The best solution is just loosening them by expanding the Rebel/Loyalist path introduced in BfA for the Horde.
    Yep, let's make the game Horde vs Horde. Best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    missile launchers on a car aint in the realm of impossibilities tho, you can even make your own. Might not work that well. but that depends on you
    Congratulations, you're now on a list.

OT: No.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalass View Post
    And do a big Cata style revamp with all the quests and make it so that you can play any race and visit all the cities and zones, you will just be a citizen of Azeroth. There will be racial quests for you do that will be done in your start zone and adjacent lands almost like it is in Guild Wars 2 with the higher level zones being end game with a big bad at the end.
    I think we will see a disbanding of the two current factions but the formation of 2 more. I think you'll see a faction that is more about the good guys from both joining forces and the bad guys from both joining another force like an old go or Sylvannas or something.

That will make it that you can choose your faction but still keep a framework in place for PvP and stuff.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

gotta love globalists always trying to destroy what works

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Here is an idea why dont you just play Guild Wars 2 and leave the core of Warcraft alone.
    Probably because the core of Wacraft if problematic and could use some little tweaking, as in, change it completely.

Here is an idea, why don't you want the game to get better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    "works"

the lols

Everyone: They won't dismantle the factions. That's what makes Warcraft, Warcraft.

Me, who knows the lore and has actually played the game: Have we been playing the same expansion?

And what happens to all the PvP content, then? Gone? Legacy?

You can't just remove such a core aspect of the game, at least technically speaking. That would be like removing dungeons and raids from BfA because it's supposed to be PvP-focused

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, let's make the game Horde vs Horde. Best idea.
    No. I said the Rebel/Loyalist path and I mean the Rebel/Loyalist path. The path that allows your character to choose whether they want to be good, neutral, or evil.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I don't see the factions going away completely, but I do see them loosening up the race/faction requirement. I wouldn't be surprised if a zone revamp happened to reflect the time that's passed since the Cataclysm, but nothing substantial, just updated quests that reflect the time change and the idea that the races may not be tied directly to the faction.

The fact that they've added a faction symbol next to your character on the character select screen seems weird/ redundant unless they're moving towards something like this. No reason to have a Horde/Alliance symbol next to Horde/Alliance races as it's self explanatory, makes sense if the symbols are needed in order to differentiate between characters of the same race but on different factions.

Regardless, overall I think the story is moving towards this anyway. How this ends up affecting the world...I have no idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've still have yet to see a single good argument as to why dissolving factions gameplay-wise is a negative. It is the biggest barrier keeping new players from joining in my opinion, no other MMO restricts you so hard on who you can play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post

You can't just remove such a core aspect of the game, at least technically speaking. That would be like removing dungeons and raids from BfA because it's supposed to be PvP-focused

Most BG's are already non-canon/in the past, but this isn't about Lore. Gameplay-wise nothing would change if both teams were comprised of mingled races.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post

There will always be fighting amongst the races on each side due to the past grievances, they really wouldn't need to do anything with the PvP side of things to make it believable.

My guess:

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you." = Anduin Heel Turn

BFA = Sylvanas Heel Turn

Both serve same being. Both in on it together the whole time.

Anduin will get the Arthas treatment.

Factions will shift, instead of horde vs alliance, we will get something else.

You will pick a side based on the decisions you make during questing while leveling in the next xpak. In the new zones, your world pvp and some quests will be based on the side you picked. The old zones that aren't revamped function in traditional fashion. You may be able to change that decision easily.

So we will still have horde vs alliance, but just in the new xpak content we will be whatever vs whatever. May even be able to group up and do the raids across traditional factions, and the content you experience at max level will be greatly affected by your decisions during questing.

So not really eliminating factions, kinda like garrisons were not really player housing, they were just an xpak feature to see how it worked out, that they could easily revert for safety.

I think besides it being a cool story, it could also address some imbalance issues concerning traditional horde vs alliance in game. Just a guess. Also the whole current story, and the fact that Anduin and the HvA are played out and need a twist. Also, it just seems like Blizzard would like its playerbase to be introspective about loyalty and make their own decisions, it sounds like something they would think increases emotional investment in the game. SPOILER: Also they fact that BFA kinda needs to end with a big twist, and it would be harder to dredge real Arthas back up, than to make a new one. Also, their biggest story twist ever, and most successful(imo) was Arthas. And the WC3 remaster is coming this year(iirc) and this kinda ties back in to all the old lore, back to the roots of what made the story great in WC3. Heel turn from a champion of light who could do no wrong.

Also they need a big event to bring people back, and the Arthas story is kinda a break glass in case of emergency thing, and they have been really careful not to have too many big moments over the years that really change the story, so it is really due, and it allows them to put in tech where players make decisions and decisions really matter, which I have to believe is the direction they would like to head and have always wanted to head in, but which are only really ready now. The rifts in the alliance and horde are getting bigger, and I don't think Blizzard can say who in the player community is on which side, and I don't think this is by accident. SPOILER: I don't think Blizzard can expect all of the alliance to be okay, for example, with killing Tyrande because she might want revenge for the night elves, so I think that rift is by design and they will allow us to pick a side and it will have a big impact.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-09-30 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Everyone: They won't dismantle the factions. That's what makes Warcraft, Warcraft.

Me, who knows the lore and has actually played the game: Have we been playing the same expansion?
    I know right?

Anyway, yes please revamp the world, merge the faction, change things up. Cata came out in 2010 when the game was 6 years old, it's been 9 years since then and I just want my revamp already

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    What do globalists have to do with the thread topic?