Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question About available in eight colors achievement

Hello, i need serious help about Available in eight colors. i'll be thankful if i can get true info from anyone.

For completing the achievement Available in Eight Colors, i need vinyl of Mechagon Gold and Overload Orange. Been farming those two since mechagon came out. i've read an info at wowhead it says "those two vinyls can drop BEFORE the mechanocat has been made." i've crafted the mount too long ago. now if this is true, how can i delete that mechanocat ? what can i do to complete the achievement ? If its not true its fine, i'll keep farming.
    i've completed the rest of all achievements to complete the mecha-done.

Tried to send a ticket to blizz but, it says it will be replied in 5 days, so... please help me if you know something about this.

You definitely do NOT need to get these drops BEFORE you craft the cat.

Unfortunately, sounds just like brutal bad luck RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    just keep farming mate

they CAN drop before, but they also drop after.

No idea what the actual drop rate is, but I've been killing the Crazed Trogg daily and the mushroom rare whenever the daily quest to spawn him is up, and I'm yet to get the orange paint. At this point it's the last item I'm missing to complete the Mechagon meta achievement, so I definitely feel your pain(t). But in the end it's all just a matter of luck, or the lack thereof.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

People post all kinds of BS in their wowhead comments, it's always good to double source, check the proof they post and most of all, use your common sense.

If what you're saying were true, then that would mean Blizzard makes an achievement incompletable as soon as you receive the mount. Does that make any sense? Does a similar mechanic exist anywhere in the game?

Also, the quote you cited might be understood in a different way. Not sure if it's word for word, but the way it's written, sounds to me that someone states that you don't need to have the mount to get the colors. Not that "not having the mount" is a requirement... That would be absurd.

It's certainly not the most frequent "final thing for Mecha Done" but I suppose it's possible, due to good old RNG. Maybe you guys were just skipping the Trogg too much in the early days. From what I remember, many people in my guild got that achievement in like the first week after Mechagon's release. It sounds kind of crazy that you have the vinyls from Steel Singer, Data Anomaly and all that done, before getting 8 sprays for the mount. The upside of that is, the sprays are fairly easy to get, so just grind for a bit longer and you'll get it.

Based on personal experience you do not need the mount to get the paint job drops.

I got all the colours before making the mount.

I also have the red and blue for the hovercraft so far without the mount (so I assume it is the same)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    People post all kinds of BS in their wowhead comments, it's always good to double source, check the proof they post and most of all, use your common sense.
    Can't agree more with this.
    And about the colors, orange was the hardest to get. Reports say Fungarian Furor has ~21% and Crazzed Trogg ~1% to drop it. Personally I got it after ~50 kills from Trogg, because I learned too late the easy way to summon Fungarian. But the last thing to get was actually the vinyl from Data Anomaly, even though I had a quest item I was using daily to summon it.
    But to answer the OP, it doesn't matter if you got the mount or not, the colors should drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    And about the colors, orange was the hardest to get. Reports say Fungarian Furor has ~21% and Crazzed Trogg ~1% to drop it. Personally I got it after ~50 kills from Trogg, because I learned too late the easy way to summon Fungarian. But the last thing to get was actually the vinyl from Data Anomaly, even though I had a quest item I was using daily to summon it.
    But to answer the OP, it doesn't matter if you got the mount or not, the colors should drop.
    And also remember that a lot of things that drop in Mechagon also have a chance to drop from the Reclamation Rig event, so make sure to do that daily.

Quote Originally Posted by evanesce View Post
    Hello, i need serious help about Available in eight colors. i'll be thankful if i can get true info from anyone.

For completing the achievement Available in Eight Colors, i need vinyl of Mechagon Gold and Overload Orange. Been farming those two since mechagon came out. i've read an info at wowhead it says "those two vinyls can drop BEFORE the mechanocat has been made." i've crafted the mount too long ago. now if this is true, how can i delete that mechanocat ? what can i do to complete the achievement ? If its not true its fine, i'll keep farming.
    i've completed the rest of all achievements to complete the mecha-done.

Tried to send a ticket to blizz but, it says it will be replied in 5 days, so... please help me if you know something about this.
    I got the cat really damn early, like 1 week into the patch. I had 6/8 colors before I had the cat. Got 7/8 a bit after that. Only got 8/8 a few weeks ago. RNG sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I got orange pretty damn quick. It was the lemonade yellow that grinded me gear (damn that slime monster rain thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I got orange pretty damn quick. It was the lemonade yellow that grinded me gear (damn that slime monster rain thing.)
    I know your pain, my dude. I've been farming that last color for what seems like ages. Scrap King and the Slime thingy won't drop it at all! FeelsBadMan-With-A-Gun.jpg
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteox View Post
    I know your pain, my dude. I've been farming that last color for what seems like ages. Scrap King and the Slime thingy won't drop it at all! FeelsBadMan-With-A-Gun.jpg
    I still don't have a clue as to how that slime thing spawns. I've turned on the rainmaker and spent an hour farming slimes and nothing until the rain stops. And on other days had it spawn 5x in a half hour while I was in a parts farm group.