Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This just in, FOX News has documents that say the fired Ukraine prosecutor was told to lay off the firm with Biden's son.

"Oh, the prosecutor that was accused of corruption because he wasn't investigating, was told not to investigate?"

Um...yes.

"What documents?"

Um...an interview by Giuliani.

"Witnesses?"

No.

"They know that's brain-damaged level of stupid, right?"
    But the corrupt prosecutor says so so it must be true! He couldn't possibly be corrupt and have a personal grudge against Biden.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a day.

Trump throws a tantrum at a press conference.
    IG brings a bunch of receipts to the WH.
    Pompeo says. 'well I might have heard the call'.
    Turns out, Trump own people have been snooping on his calls. Not for record-keeping, because they dont trust him.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    What a day.

Trump throws a tantrum at a press conference.
    IG brings a bunch of receipts to the WH.
    Pompeo says. 'well I might have heard the call'.
    Turns out, Trump own people have been snooping on his calls. Not for record-keeping, because they dont trust him.
    I wouldn't trust him either, considering the first time he met the Ambassador of Russia, he gave away classified information, and told them that he didn't mind that Russia helped him get elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Whoopsidaisies!

Even better we're seeing more and more people in high level positions coming forward to do their duty to the country, risking a great deal in doing so. At some point we're going to start seeing the floodgates opening with others coming forward.
    I would not count on any floodgates, not on elected officials anyway. The same fundamental problem remains, any elected GOP official that votes for this signs his political doom. Because all the "Totally not Trump supporters" like we see on these forums will either get them primaried or stay home in the general election and turn the seat over to a Democrat. GOP Senator's want to vote for impeachment. I know they do, everyone knows they do, but in order to get a 2/3s vote we need 20 GOP Senators to commit political suicide by placing their nation first, and that still isn't likely.

There are only two scenarios where that can happen. Either the public turns so hard against Trump that they think they can win anyway (Very unlikely, since that would require his base to turn on him) OR they become convinced they can't win no matter what, because enough Republicans voters are pissed off in their state that they can't win even with the Trump voters. Then they will drag Trump down with them.

I am currently working on the later approach. I met with some people today, from several branches of the Democratic party in South Carolina, and we are going to be attempting to pressure Lindsey Graham here in South Carolina, targeting his voter base to erode his margins. If we can convince that coward that South Carolina doesn't have his back, that spineless fraud will drop Trump in a heartbeat. Even if it doesn't work, it gives him something else to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This just in, FOX News has documents that say the fired Ukraine prosecutor was told to lay off the firm with Biden's son.

"Oh, the prosecutor that was accused of corruption because he wasn't investigating, was told not to investigate?"

Um...yes.

"What documents?"

Um...an interview by Giuliani.

"Witnesses?"

No.

"They know that's brain-damaged level of stupid, right?"
    I mean too be fair, "I have documents" can mean a napkin with "Smocking Gun 4 Bidon Corroptshun" written on it in crayon.

Impeachment War Room? Trump Does It All Himself, and That Worries Republicans

Mr. Trump has long believed that he is the best communicator in the White House, but as the presidential campaign picks up its pace and the prospect of his impeachment becomes more real, he seems to be its only empowered communicator, a one-man war room responding to developments almost hour by hour. And that is making many Republicans anxious.

For now, the White House has no organized response to impeachment, little guidance for surrogates to spread a consistent message even if it had developed one, and minimal coordination between the president’s legal advisers and his political ones. And West Wing aides are divided on everything from who is in charge to whether, after two years of the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, impeachment even poses a serious political threat to the president.

Others have urged the president to tone down his language, including his repeated use of the word “treason.” But Mr. Trump, who has frequently abandoned norms and paid little in terms of personal political consequences for doing so, has not changed his behavior. That has led some advisers, like Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, to settle into a hands-off approach. Mr. Mulvaney told associates he spent part of Sunday on a golf course outside Washington.

What’s left is Mr. Trump acting alone, and poised to live-tweet his own impeachment, complete with all-caps obscenities, alarming accusations of treason and warnings that impeachment is really a “coup.”

During his public appearances with Mr. Niinisto on Wednesday, Mr. Trump seemed as riled up as he has at any point in his presidency, railing against his opponents, mangling the facts to fit his preferred narrative and making allegations without evidence. Flush with anger and gesturing sharply, he spent most of his time on offense attacking his critics using words like “lowlife,” “dishonest,” “corrupt,” “shifty” and “fraud.”

Behind the scenes, Mr. Trump has seesawed from projecting confidence that there is a political benefit from the impeachment fight to lashing out at aides, blaming them for the fact that he is entangled by it in the first place.

-----------

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Pence might have been in on it, too.

Was apparently told to tell Ukraine that them getting their military aid was dependent on them co-operating with Trump on 'corruption', which establishes the quid pro quo that cons are denying happened. Pence, is of course, denying having any idea that it was about digging up dirt on Biden.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I would not count on any floodgates, not on elected officials anyway.
    I was speaking of non-elected career officials, primarily. Specifically them coming forward with more information. However, to your point about elected officials...

The same fundamental problem remains, any elected GOP official that votes for this signs his political doom. Because all the "Totally not Trump supporters" like we see on these forums will either get them primaried or stay home in the general election and turn the seat over to a Democrat. GOP Senator's want to vote for impeachment. I know they do, everyone knows they do, but in order to get a 2/3s vote we need 20 GOP Senators to commit political suicide by placing their nation first, and that still isn't likely.
    I agree that the Senate will more than likely not vote to convict. However, there is a certain momentum to this event that seems to be cascading. The Trumpkins have no real argument, or even a solid obfuscation, because Trump admitted to the crime and then proved it with documents he released. But we know that already. However, many people outside Trumps cult following are seeing the light, finally. Or at least find it more attractive than following a crazed horsefucker who's rants continue to get more insane by the hour.

There are only two scenarios where that can happen. Either the public turns so hard against Trump that they think they can win anyway (Very unlikely, since that would require his base to turn on him) OR they become convinced they can't win no matter what, because enough Republicans voters are pissed off in their state that they can't win even with the Trump voters. Then they will drag Trump down with them.
    Another scenario is that they completely abandon Trump but continue to follow the (R) when voting. I could very much see that happening if Trump becomes so toxic but still fails to get tossed out of office.

I am currently working on the later approach. I met with some people today, from several branches of the Democratic party in South Carolina, and we are going to be attempting to pressure Lindsey Graham here in South Carolina, targeting his voter base to erode his margins. If we can convince that coward that South Carolina doesn't have his back, that spineless fraud will drop Trump in a heartbeat. Even if it doesn't work, it gives him something else to worry about.
    Fantastic - well done. Graham has been continuing to follow Trump without fail despite numerous counter-intuitive situations, including the impeachment question. I have always wondered why he blindly follows Trump so far off the deep end - what does Trump have over him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Impeachment War Room? Trump Does It All Himself, and That Worries Republicans

Mr. Trump has long believed that he is the best communicator in the White House, but as the presidential campaign picks up its pace and the prospect of his impeachment becomes more real, he seems to be its only empowered communicator, a one-man war room responding to developments almost hour by hour. And that is making many Republicans anxious.

For now, the White House has no organized response to impeachment, little guidance for surrogates to spread a consistent message even if it had developed one, and minimal coordination between the president’s legal advisers and his political ones. And West Wing aides are divided on everything from who is in charge to whether, after two years of the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, impeachment even poses a serious political threat to the president.

Others have urged the president to tone down his language, including his repeated use of the word “treason.” But Mr. Trump, who has frequently abandoned norms and paid little in terms of personal political consequences for doing so, has not changed his behavior. That has led some advisers, like Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, to settle into a hands-off approach. Mr. Mulvaney told associates he spent part of Sunday on a golf course outside Washington.

What’s left is Mr. Trump acting alone, and poised to live-tweet his own impeachment, complete with all-caps obscenities, alarming accusations of treason and warnings that impeachment is really a “coup.”

During his public appearances with Mr. Niinisto on Wednesday, Mr. Trump seemed as riled up as he has at any point in his presidency, railing against his opponents, mangling the facts to fit his preferred narrative and making allegations without evidence. Flush with anger and gesturing sharply, he spent most of his time on offense attacking his critics using words like “lowlife,” “dishonest,” “corrupt,” “shifty” and “fraud.”

Behind the scenes, Mr. Trump has seesawed from projecting confidence that there is a political benefit from the impeachment fight to lashing out at aides, blaming them for the fact that he is entangled by it in the first place.

-----------
    Interesting. His saving grace has always been his way of putting out insane messages through his staff and his insane cult followers eating up like a pigs trough of lies. If he isn't getting any advice, or has become so unhinged that he is starting to believe even the most outrageous and obviously deflecting lies ("impeachment is coup!"), then the process will hopefully only get easier for the democrats.

Interesting. His saving grace has always been his way of putting out insane messages through his staff and his insane cult followers eating up like a pigs trough of lies. If he isn't getting any advice, or has become so unhinged that he is starting to believe even the most outrageous and obviously deflecting lies ("impeachment is coup!"), then the process will hopefully only get easier for the democrats.
    Pretty sure the reason he's alone is because he can't afford to let everyone know what he's been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    McConnel would rather let Pence nominate a VP and have him resign right after.
    He can't do that. A replacement VP has to be approved by both the Senate and the House.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Yup yup (can a VP who becomes P do that? I mean - nominate another VP?)
    Yes. See Rockefeller, who became Ford's VP.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    He can't do that. A replacement VP has to be approved by both the Senate and the House.
    Pelosi would hold that vote up until the end of time. In fact...hmmmmm, could she just do that? Keep the VP spot open indefinitely? Moscow Mitch stole a SCOTUS seat, I wonder if she could just hold out until Pence resigned or whatever. Totally far-fetched, but with Twit-in-Chief melting down on an hourly basis, any thing is possible.

Pelosi would hold that vote up until the end of time. In fact...hmmmmm, could she just do that? Keep the VP spot open indefinitely? Moscow Mitch stole a SCOTUS seat, I wonder if she could just hold out until Pence resigned or whatever. Totally far-fetched, but with Twit-in-Chief melting down on an hourly basis, any thing is possible.
    I would say that the odds of President Pelosi are no longer zero.

Pathetic to see Trumps complete meltdown on twitter and with the Finnish President. Noone in their right mind can possibly vote for him, unless it's to "piss of the libs!", which isnt exatly a "country first" attitude.

I'm sure there are other non-dementia GOP candidates that are tough on immigration, pro-life, guns for all and tax cuts for the rich, who'd do a much better job.

I honestly cannot fathom the stupidity of voting for the dumbest wrecking ball candidate to be the representative for the politics you adhere to. Trumps honestly rather pisspoor implementation of his politics could have been done far better with someone who had diplomatic skills, and arent acting like some rich kid wannabe mafia tool. I'd be pissed if my candidate had screwed it up as much as he is. But somehow they keep drinking the cool-aid, it's like some crazy national Stockholm syndrome.

Find a far better suited candidate for your politics. If your vote is only meant to "piss of the libs", then you need to do some serious introspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because you try to counter what you call bullshit, with fucking actual bullshit. And it is mostly bullshit in defense of Trump.

I counter with facts and logic and proof which pisses some people off because it ruins the echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I counter with facts and logic and proof which pisses some people off because it ruins the echo chamber.
    Yeah, no you don't. Every time you fucking post, it is with goalpost moving, and trying to play the fucking semantic game while you defend Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no you don't. Every time you fucking post, it is with goalpost moving, and trying to play the fucking semantic game while you defend Trump.
    You know he's just trying to bait you into an infraction, right?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Course he is. But that is why I am not playing his bullshit game.

Yet the baiting never seems to be worth of an infraction.

Prove that I don't

- - - Updated - - -

How am I the one baiting when I was the one personally attacked?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I eagerly await that happening just once.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown