Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    at this point just make baine or that elf guy and be done with it. No more dying warchiefs ffs.
    If you look at the entire history of Warcraft you'd see that Thrall's long, stable rule was the exception. Every other warchief died, usually violently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm gonna wager most of that crapload are barely coming to mind. Thrall isn't a secondary character due to the nature of his past.

I mean Saurfang is a weird meme that blew up for no reason.

The likes of Shokia, Kyrin, etc just fell off teh map. No one can really name more than 1 racial character in most of the factions....
    Shokia sided with Garrosh's True Horde and nearly killed Jaina at the Trial at the Temple of the White Tiger. MIA since. Rest of them stayed loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    gallywix is still there, you find him in orgrimmar burning some papers

Yes the horde leadership is in ruins, too much for HORDE BIASSS, and HORDE FAVORITISM, that we don't even have leaders

trolls are leaderless since Legion, orcs stayed without a leader from mop till legion with a lame announcement via twitter, now they have lost again
    Well you could say the fact that the Horde are pretty much leaderless and still kick the shit out of the Alliance shows Horde bias. Two expansions now where the Horde was splintered and yet could somehow compete with and even beat the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Well you could say the fact that the Horde are pretty much leaderless and still kick the shit out of the Alliance shows Horde bias. Two expansions now where the Horde was splintered and yet could somehow compete with and even beat the Alliance.
    we only "won"in teldrassil because facade and a surprise attack, we end losing bfa and once again taking alliance help

In mop the same thing, we lose with our own faction against us, sure much horde bias

I think 8.3 will adress the racial leaders issue.

For the goblins, yeah I do expect a showdown between Gallywix and Gazlowe.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post

I would be thrilled with Gazlowe as the new goblin leader. I liked his attitude in Mechagon. He's a goblin and wants to make money, but he doesn't exploit his people like Gallywix.

7+ Year Old Account

Gazlowe is not a Horde tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    He literally built Orgrimmar...

Yeah no, even if he's more neutral, he's more horde then Gallywix ever was.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enfanterrible View Post
    After 8.2.5 patch we can conclude that horde leadership is in big mess.
    It is even questionable that we call that faction/organisation.

- no warchief (lady sylvanas off)
    - no orc leader (saurfang is dead)
    - no forsaken leader (sylvanas and nathanos off)
    - no troll leader (after vol'jin death there is no leader, official statement)
    - questionable goblin leader (gallywix vanishes, gazlowe with leaders on varok funeral)
    only known leaders are Baine, Lor'themar and allied races leaders.

Share your thoughts.
    hIGH King AndUin is AlL yOu HeRetiCZ neED!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

at this point just make baine or that elf guy and be done with it. No more dying warchiefs ffs.
    man f... that, i don't want my horde warchief to be a justin bieber elf.

7+ Year Old Account
    He literally built Orgrimmar...

Yeah no, even if he's more neutral, he's more horde then Gallywix ever was.
    being "neutral" is what makes him interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Tell that to the island expedition teams, in which he fights with the Horde against the Alliance. Not to mention he built the Horde garrison on Draenor in addition to the aforementioned work on Orgrimmar. While technically neutral, he's Horde in all but his Cata-era Ratchet persona within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by enfanterrible View Post
    After 8.2.5 patch we can conclude that horde leadership is in big mess.
    It is even questionable that we call that faction/organisation.

- no warchief (lady sylvanas off)
    - no orc leader (saurfang is dead)
    - no forsaken leader (sylvanas and nathanos off)
    - no troll leader (after vol'jin death there is no leader, official statement)
    - questionable goblin leader (gallywix vanishes, gazlowe with leaders on varok funeral)
    only known leaders are Baine, Lor'themar and allied races leaders.

Share your thoughts.
    Well, you can't have another warchief get garroshed and killed, if you have no warchief (insert roll safe meme picture).

Beside that, I've given my last fuck as to what happens to horde or alliance in the "lore". It's been a flaming thrashpile for a while, now.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

It's so very clear that Thrall is re-taking the mantle of Warchief. The whole "You and I don't get to hide" is symbolic. Thrall doesn't get to sit out and hide. The Horde is his legacy, and he will need to assume the mantle once more whether he wants to or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    being "neutral" is what makes him interesting.
    No, it isn’t. He stood in ratchet for years doing fuck all.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It’s not enough. Lor’themar, Thrall, Baine, Thalyssra and the rest of the Alliance puppets still stand. Once they’re all dead then maybe the Horde can start to heal.

10+ Year Old Account

A Goblin showdown would be very spectacular, but sorry to say, I do not expect this, because we saw Gazlowe, in several expansions, acting more as an engineer then a racial-leader. But needless to say I'm very curious about the developing story around Gallywix.
    But before any Goblin could challenge him, there has much writing to do to raise any Goblin to some higher point in (racial-)leadership and missions.

Closer to the point of who-will-be-kicking-the-ass of Gallywix are the current "leaders" of the Horde ... man I really hope the Horde will get a council of wise men and women...
    But, I think in some way they still need him, for now.

But, when the point comes of your showdown, I hope it will, I believe it will be SPEC-TA-CU-LAR, Gold coin demons, enslaved-zombified-goblins, Sha-demons of hatred and greed, cold-coin-waves, lasers heating smaller gold-coin-demons into a big fat one, and ofc 'exorcised' engineer-craft, and ofcourse Gallywix in all his toys, like an updated G.M.O.D., but still escaping...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    It's so very clear that Thrall is re-taking the mantle of Warchief. The whole "You and I don't get to hide" is symbolic. Thrall doesn't get to sit out and hide. The Horde is his legacy, and he will need to assume the mantle once more whether he wants to or not.
    You could be very right about the meaning of that qoute...

But to me Thrall lost A LOT OF his leadership-mojo, because of his absence.....
    I can not embrance him that easy again, by just taking-holding his mace/axe high and claiming to be warchief.

But when there would be created a counsil of wise men/women of the Horde, instead of one-warchief, he may be a chairman and speaker for them.
    Difficult to except him to be the One-Warchief, ones again.

I imagine next patch or expansion we will have an event of forming a leadership council for the horde where they will select representatives of each race to sit in there. I'd guess it will be Thrall (or Eitrigg), Baine, Rokhan, Gazlowe (merging steamwheedle and bilgewater cartels) Voss (or Calia but I really dont buy it without more developement), Lorthemar and all AR leaders.

Picking another Warchief when it clearly doesnt work out too well for horde would be quite silly, given recent Horde history.

Though it's more likely they will just leave it in a mess and wave it off because factions wont matter that much soon enough anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Tell that to the island expedition teams, in which he fights with the Horde against the Alliance. Not to mention he built the Horde garrison on Draenor in addition to the aforementioned work on Orgrimmar. While technically neutral, he's Horde in all but his Cata-era Ratchet persona within the game.
    Chalking that up to writers slapping the character into position and disregarding their backstory...

But, at the point, the assumption will be that any new warchief is going to get the same treatment that Blizzard has seen as a such a "success" to the point. Either place-holder or future villain.

The only way I see to start getting out from under this baggage will be to not have another warchief. And this would be a good time to go another way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i don't see how being leaderless and have a crap lore with no general goals or direction is be the underdog

Pretty sure before the underdog horde still had their leaders.
    Amen. You tell them.

Its easy to kill Horde characters but blizzard lacks the will to build up replacements.

At some point blizzard really need to fix the Horde because the faction is almost empty of well buildup lore characters.