Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    That was such an epic trailer... especially when the music ramps up at 3:05. Feeeeeels.
    Anytime I watch that I get a tear in my eye. Mop was magical, and I miss it so much
    yeast

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Why.........?
    Alliance attempted to assassinate Horde warchief, destroy his fleet and later they supported a coup in Undercity. Not to mention the fact that they destroyed priceless artifact which would free the Forsaken from their curse of decay.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Well the horde walked away, and then got bombarded in stormhein.
    It doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl View Post
    What do you do, when you are willing to walk away but the other side isn't? That is how Teldrassil happened. Then what? Walk away again? What is the next place to burn? Peace can only ever exist when the aggressor is beat into submission.
    Quite nihilistic way of thinking. It sadly fits in with how wow works.

But also not how it works. The endless cycle in wow is fairly artificial and usually kept up by a few characters on both sides, the rest are followers to loyal to question things.
    In BfA's case, it is now obvious that 99% was Sylvanas meddling with the world to further her goal of mass slaughter on both sides:
    -Teldrassil needs to be conquered, because they can ship the Azerite from there! No, that would have been done from Feralas, rather then cart the Azerite through horde territory.
    -Teldrassil needed to be subdued by killing their leaders! No, would that work with any leader when there are plenty of other leaders to turn to for vengeance? So yes, I am sure she planned on slaughter from the start.
    -There can never be peace for long, in time it will just crumble regardless! So would the internal peace between horde races crumble once the alliance is gone.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Quite nihilistic way of thinking. It sadly fits in with how wow works.

But also not how it works. The endless cycle in wow is fairly artificial and usually kept up by a few characters on both sides, the rest are followers to loyal to question things.
    In BfA's case, it is now obvious that 99% was Sylvanas meddling with the world to further her goal of mass slaughter on both sides:
    -Teldrassil needs to be conquered, because they can ship the Azerite from there! No, that would have been done from Feralas, rather then cart the Azerite through horde territory.
    -Teldrassil needed to be subdued by killing their leaders! No, would that work with any leader when there are plenty of other leaders to turn to for vengeance? So yes, I am sure she planned on slaughter from the start.
    -There can never be peace for long, in time it will just crumble regardless! So would the internal peace between horde races crumble once the alliance is gone.
    I don't see what's nihilistic about it. And yes, that is the way it works. Just look at the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The lesson of Pandaria is to break the cycle by walking away to make it easier to target your back.
    No wait, it's social Darwinism makes us strong.
    Wait no, it's a disjointed mess with all the depth of a fucking fortune cookie.
    "Teach a man to fish, and he is fed for a day, uh no, uh.. He is fed, I.. I messed it up, but we just make this stuff up anyway." -pandaren /silly
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The lesson of Pandaria is to break the cycle by walking away to make it easier to target your back.
    No wait, it's social Darwinism makes us strong.
    Wait no, it's a disjointed mess with all the depth of a fucking fortune cookie.
    Shouldn't have attacked Sylvanas fleet in Stormheim then.

Teldrassil needs to be conquered, because they can ship the Azerite from there! No, that would have been done from Feralas, rather then cart the Azerite through horde territory.
    I think the reasoning against using Feralas was threefold. Strong nearby Horde presence, strong nearby naga presence, and maybe it wasn't suitable port for blue water ships dock. Look at the existing ships ingame. Have any of them ever left from Feathermoon?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think the reasoning against using Feralas was threefold. Strong nearby Horde presence, strong nearby naga presence, and maybe it wasn't suitable port for blue water ships dock. Look at the existing ships ingame. Have any of them ever left from Feathermoon?
    Mostly because for current in game it is not needed. But as a harbour, it's very suitable. And regardless, the Azerite would pass through there. It also houses one of the biggest militairy posts for the night elves.

Mostly because for current in game it is not needed. But as a harbour, it's very suitable. And regardless, the Azerite would pass through there. It also houses one of the biggest militairy posts for the night elves.
    If it was suitable for a harbor I think it would've been used as such before. Considering the only boats ever used there were small passenger boats from the shore to the coast my current headcanon is it's too shallow for blue water ships. Inb4 all WoW ships ingame are pretty much the same size, I know I know. =-)

If it weren't harbor waters the need of ships would be pointless.
    Being that far from any sort of reinforcement source and so close to two different Horde cities on the other hand could work, although it's not like Teldrassil is super far from orcs main city either, Feralas might even be further away from that.

Feralas if they made a path up the northern mountains of Silithius would be reached, immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Pandaren are right about one thing...

Drink booze and mind your own business. Really the only way to live.
    Amen to that brother!

Loved MOP. It was colourful, Plenty of content, Good raids and best of all it was unexpected.

Feathermoon has to have been one of the most constantly under assault locations in game.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    did we just forgot there is a literal alliance city in an island next to teldrassil ?

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    did we just forgot there is a literal alliance city in an island next to teldrassil ?
    Might have the same problem. Besides I'd think Exodar is probably the least defensible capitol. Wasn't the thing Sylvanas was trying to prevent them shipping the azerite to a secure place before shipping it to the EK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I loved everything about that expansion. The trailer, the music, the stories, the aesthetics... all of it.
    And I really liked Taran Zhu as well. Yea, he was pissed off by us, but I'd have been pissed too
    A bunch of random assholes come to your house and tear up the place, I think you're perfectly justified in telling them to piss off, especially when they took the tiny, annoying but still dangerous spirits that haunt your house and turned them into full on nightmare monsters formed of claws and hatred.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Mists of Pandaria is the best WoW expansion. I have played since BC too.

I'm happy to see people liking it. It felt like such a great culmination of gameplay, story, music, art. Everything. It felt so uniquely different but at the same time wholly familiar to the high fantasy stories told by WoW. There wasn't a world ending threat, just a classic story told with a Chinese/Asian aesthetic that worked extremely well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xevarc View Post
    Loved MOP. It was colourful, Plenty of content, Good raids and best of all it was unexpected.
    Completely agree. I think modern media in general is missing the benefit of a surprise. We all know what will happen in the next episode/movie/expansion in a series nowadays and it takes away the amazing feeling of a true surprise.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2019-10-04 at 02:05 AM.

tong's speech at the end of pandaria is the most embarrassingly stupid piece of writing i have ever seen not just in wow but in anything. yea eternal race war and genocide makes you strong actually.

i hope the reason they deleted the legendary cloak questline from the game was to bury that one line from tong at the end.
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth