Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As far as rules go,corpse camping or ganking lowbies is not punishable

It's pathetic and something only the weakest of players will do,but they can't be punished for it because that's part of what makes a PvP realm.
    You're free and encouraged to look down on players of your faction doing it,and hunt down players of the other faction doing it(while looking down on them) though

What you should do is remember the gankers and corpse campers by name.Don't invite those of your faction to play with you,and make sure to destroy those of the other faction until you break their will to play,which shouldn't be too hard because that kind of player really cannot stomach actually having to fight for their victories
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2019-10-08 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Rolling in PVP servers is a voluntary choice, you can corpse camp single person for 24/7/365 nonstop and although it may be super jerkish move it should not be a bannable offense because, that person chose to accept the risk of being ganked.
    People are pretty convinced you can be banned for "griefing" so you will get a lot of backlash for this opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post

It's pathetic and something only the weakest of players will do,but they can't be punished for it because that's part of what makes a PvP realm.
    You're free and encouraged to look down on players of your faction doing it,and hunt down players of the other faction doing it(while looking down on them) though
    Back in late BC - one of if not the best pvp rogue on the realm spent hours each day ganking and camping @ isle of QD. I wouldnt ever look down on someone for camping someone, and would have a laugh and move on - so YOU might encourage people on your faction to "look down" on pvpers on your realm, but not everyone shares your opinion on what is and is not "acceptable" on a pvp realm.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    People are pretty convinced you can be banned for "griefing" so you will get a lot of backlash for this opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Back in late BC - one of if not the best pvp rogue on the realm spent hours each day ganking and camping @ isle of QD. I wouldnt ever look down on someone for camping someone, and would have a laugh and move on - so YOU might encourage people on your faction to "look down" on pvpers on your realm, but not everyone shares your opinion on what is and is not "acceptable" on a pvp realm.
    A good player can also be an asshole,it's not mutually exclusive

If they sucker punch me when I'm low to a mob they'll get camped.

A good player can also be an asshole,it's not mutually exclusive
    "weakest of players" I guess that could have referred to being morally weak......?

To be clear - being ganked or camped does NOT stop you playing the game. It might hinder your ability to complete the activities you want, on the toon you want, and in the zone you want, but it absolutely does NOT stop you from playing the game. Everything else you said is based on this claim, which is wrong, so its not worth responding to sorry.
    Incorrect. The whole point of ganking and camping is to prevent another player from going about their way (playing the game). Maybe in your mind you want them to mentally switch from say farming or leveling into PVP mode themselves, but a lot of the time that isn't the case. People in this very thread are touting their experiences with corpse/gy camping people for upwards of 24 hours. You really think that other person is having fun and "playing the game" if all they get to do is corpse run and die? No, they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Nothing you have responded with is true, unless you're arguing that players are routinely killed so often that they spirit rez, where upon someone is camping the GY and kills them again so they aren't allowed to leave, because that falls into actionable territory even on pvp realms. Otherwise, you are projecting how you think the game should be and then making a broad proclamation based off of that determination, when in reality the game is designed in the simplest terms as a thing existing and both sides desiring it, which is the basis for many games and especially important for games that feature pvp.

The pvp system was never intended to be a symmetrical experience, asymmetry is a core tenant of interactions in MMORPGs, it was designed to make you feel like the world was dangerous, it was designed to kick you down at times, it was designed to elevate you occasionally, it was designed to make you seek the help of others. It does those things successfully.
    This thread is filled with people who are flexing their ability to camp other players for hours (or days) so I suppose given that frame of reference you'd agree with me. But where do you draw that line? If those actions can be taken by players with no exploitation of the game mechanics and you have to arbitrarily say "weeeell, this is ok but if you do it this many times then that's not ok" then that's a sign of a flawed system.

The whole idea of the world feeling dangerous is also silly at best. There is no danger (as you yourself pointed out in a previous post when comparing WoW to other games). There is only frustration. It's really the only consequence of dying in game. You corpse run back to your body instead of actually playing the game. Not sure how you consider that a successful system.

There's also the fallacy of both sides desiring this system. This very thread is a testament to that. A better example would be organized PVP which is certainly a case where all sides are on the same page and dying/losing is an understood outcome of what everyone is participating in. WPVP can be like that, but the point is that it very rarely is.

You seem to simply be assuming that just because the system was put in the game by the developers that it must be a good system. You still haven't at all proven that case. All you've said is "this is how they pictured it should be and therefore everything is fine".
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-10-08 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    But man is it funny when you are on the other side killing them when they are lower heath and attacking a mob.
    I'll never understand what is fun about killing what is essentially a helpless target. Be it s/o in combat or severely underleveled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Situations where i corpse camp someone are really rare.
    I only do it with people who ganked me when they were in a group. Sad that most people run away in a fair 1vs1.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You seem to simply be assuming that just because the system was put in the game by the developers that it must be a good system. You still haven't at all proven that case. All you've said is "this is how they pictured it would be and therefore it is correct".
    World of Warcraft was not created in a vacuum, it was a re-imagining of the RTS series, where the different races were in conflict, specifically allowing players to fight other players. In turning that RTS to an MMORPG, having faction vs faction conflict exist was tantamount to creating an Azeroth that feels like it was an acurate representation of the Warcraft universe, that means players of the Horde and Alliance faction could fight each other. The developers went even further, as the Horde and Alliance are not friendly in the series, they tried to create situations where the factions compete over the same resource, specifically so there would be strife. In that sense, the pvp system is designed to make the world feel dangerous, as you could be killed or fighting at any time, which creates adversity for players. From there the developers expected the players to figure it out on their own, and by overcoming that adversity drawing them deeper into the game.

With that being said, MMORPGs are built to feel like you are playing in a "real" world, as such players are rarely equals to the others they are playing with or against, this asymmetry is at the core of the MMORPG experience and World of Warcraft was specifically designed to be that way. The idea that there is only one true way to participate in pvp is not something the game was designed around, since the developers were not looking to create situations that were fair for both sides (they wanted it to be unfair at times). This is how the game is meant to be played when you're playing on a pvp realm.

Here I've laid it out for you, despite having done so previously, I've identified what the system is meant to do, how it does it, and how that applies to the vision of the game, you have only responded with ideas that have no bearing on that and telling me that the system is bad because of some anecdotes on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Pretty sure Classic has rares, many of whom are as rare or rarer than Soundless.
    Yes, but Classic doesn't have the ability to turn off war mode. You're either on a PVP server or you arent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    In my opinion, the way to deal with it is to just stand there and let them kill you, Dr. Strange style, until they give up. If you squirm in the net they enjoy it more.
    If you know they are corpse camping you...the way to deal with it is to just not rez.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yes, but Classic doesn't have the ability to turn off war mode. You're either on a PVP server or you arent
    Well a person has only himself to blame for rolling on a pvp realm, so he doesn't have "turn off war mode" ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What you should do is remember the gankers and corpse campers by name.Don't invite those of your faction to play with you,and make sure to destroy those of the other faction until you break their will to play,which shouldn't be too hard because that kind of player really cannot stomach actually having to fight for their victories
    Thats kind of a big generalization don't you think?
    I love to be challenged. PvP servers are A LOT more challenging than PvE (normal realms) because of this reason.

When you do stuff like this (gank/camp) say in STV word gets out pretty fast and enemy players start showing up... War breaks out.
    This is one of the reason why I love harassing the enemy faction. It gets conflict going.
    It happens majority of the time.

Ive camped people and they've got their guildies to show up and then i get a couple friends or ppl in /3 Local defense and look at that!!! We have world pvp conflict!
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well a person has only himself to blame for rolling on a pvp realm, so he doesn't have "turn off war mode" ability.
    Yeah, that's not the point I was making though.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I only do it to ppl that have ganked me/my alt. I got my chars on diffrent accs so always keep my lvl 60 nearby.
    My record is a shammy who ganked my alt. And after 7 deaths from my maxlvl char he spirit ressed. Thats the highest ive gotten sofar.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Incorrect. The whole point of ganking and camping is to prevent another player from going about their way (playing the game). Maybe in your mind you want them to mentally switch from say farming or leveling into PVP mode themselves, but a lot of the time that isn't the case. People in this very thread are touting their experiences with corpse/gy camping people for upwards of 24 hours. You really think that other person is having fun and "playing the game" if all they get to do is corpse run and die? No, they're not.
    You are seriously so blinded by your bias and own opinion that you genuinely believe someone sat at their computer and got ganked and camped for over 24 hours? People like you are the absolute worst kind of person. This is beyond dense.

Hey guys couple questions here I would like your opinions on.

1) Do you corpse camp after you kill someone? If so how many times do you do it for? Do you have a record? Please share your story!
    If someone is camping/griefing my faction and I can kill them, I'll camp them till they leave.
    Otherwise, if they are minding their own business, I kill them once, then leave them alone.

2) Knowing that your fellow faction member corpse camps people and griefs the other faction hard, do you blacklist them? Do you frown upon corpse campers even if they are on your side?
    I don't know about "blacklisting" per say, but I wouldn't care to play with anyone who griefs other players. Seems you have to be a pretty miserable person in real life to be the type of person who thinks it's fun to ruin someone else's game time.

INB4, "but they like it when I camp them 'cause it's a PVP server". That's BS. If that was true the campers wouldn't mock their QQ and laugh about drinking their tears after you've made them upset. You know you are pissing them off, and that makes you happy. So for folks who get off on pissing other people off, I suspect they probably have their own more severe problems outside the game. There's nothing I can do in game to "fix" or "help" them, so I would just stay away.

3) Can I get in trouble or get banned for griefing the enemy faction too hard and corpse camping them?
    I don't think so. There's no rules against it. Typically what happens is the servers get increasingly faction imbalanced as the faction that's getting camped/griefed more often just rerolls on Carebear servers or PVP servers that are imbalanced in their favor. The players remaining generally stop going out in the world. You see most servers with a 90+/10- faction balance then the griefers all cry that "world PVP is dead", which I find ironic, since they helped cause it.

I'm curious how many times we'll see it in this thread, "if you don't like getting camped reroll to a PVE server". Then they act surprised when the people they are mocking do.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

What is with all the comments saying camping is griefing on a PVE server. On a PVE server you jsut wait 5 min and you're no longer flagged. You literally can't be camped for hours unless you want to be. Camping someone for hours isn't really PVP it's being a dick. Sure in the literal sense your player verses another player happened and someone died making it technically PVP but was there really after the 3rd or 4th time that mages got one shot rezzing with half health it ceases to be about the competition and really is jsut trying to ruin someones game time. If there is back and forth, great but one sided corpse camping is just pathetic.

You are seriously so blinded by your bias and own opinion that you genuinely believe someone sat at their computer and got ganked and camped for over 24 hours? People like you are the absolute worst kind of person. This is beyond dense.
    Yeah, seems like you are the one being purposely obtuse. No one is getting ganked for 24 straight hours. But if everytime I log in to play over the course of a 24 hour period I get ganked/camped (like back in Hellfire Peninsula during BC), I will eventually learn my lesson and stop playing.

You honestly believe people have fun just logging in to corpse run? Like they get done playing for the day and they are all like, "yeah! that was great. I got no quests / gathering done, just all corpse running, can't wait to corpse run tomorrow!! I hope Arkanon is on to kill me some more."

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, seems like you are the one being purposely obtuse. No one is getting ganked for 24 straight hours. But if everytime I log in to play over the course of a 24 hour period I get ganked/camped (like back in Hellfire Peninsula during BC), I will eventually learn my lesson and stop playing.

You honestly believe people have fun just logging in to corpse run? Like they get done playing for the day and they are all like, "yeah! that was great. I got no quests / gathering done, just all corpse running, can't wait to corpse run tomorrow!! I hope Arkanon is on to kill me some more."
    If you quit playing because you are getting ganked when you log in, you should be on a pve server, and it's that simple.

I didn't make the 24 hour comment mate, you should read what you are quoting.