Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Giving Tyrande no dialogue is bad writing and ignoring the night elves for a majority of the expansion that started off with their genocide is also shit writing. We know more about what Saurfang things about Teldrassil than any night elf. Tyrande going after Sylvanas isn't bad writing, her not spelling out why she is going after Sylvanas in full isn't bad writing either. The shit part is giving no insight into what the night elves are doing or what they are thinking other than a tiny snippet here, we don't even know if they succeeded in Darkshore.
    You contradict yourself.

Again, I am not arguing to spell it out literally ... stop strawmanning. It is annoying having to argue against your argument and the strawman you are building of my arguments. My example isn't literally spelling it out, it is implying that they view them as a threat. Spelling it out would be to have Tyrande state "Sylvanas is a threat to all living things and must be exterminated." I am not asking for that.

There is no implications that Tyrande cares about the threat Sylvanas poses to all life. Hell, you can't even state that Tyrande considers Sylvanas still a threat to the Night Elves as a fact, but at least you could argue it is possibly implied. All we have is vengeance which they allowed her to spell out twice and imply a few other times. Why is asking for one of those vengeance lines be change asking for it to be "spelled out like a cartoon?" That's pure nonsense.

Focusing on a single motive of a character is cartoon writing. Addressing multiple motives of the character is not. Listing them would be shit writing and I am not arguing for a list. But every time Tyrande was given a chance to address Sylvanas her answer was about revenge ... that's cartoon motivation. And they are doing a poor job of writing that, you can do one motivation well, but they aren't doing that.

And again, revenge by definition is always irrational regardless of who the target is. Revenge is driven by emotion, not reason. She is being stupid because she knew what Sylvanas wanted ... and did it. She is one of the characters is the most years of experience and she is acting like a damn idiot. She doesn't even pause to consider her actions are exactly what Sylvanas wants her to do and that she could be playing into Sylvanas' hand.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-10-08 at 10:47 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

How original, after maiev 2.0 in the form of jaina we now have maiev 3.0.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think you are in for disappointment. Openly defying our treasure is basically death warranty for tyrande. And she is definately chaotic evil now. Chances are shandris will mercy kill her.
    this will def. not happen. I sent you a box of beers if I am wrong.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    this will def. not happen. I sent you a box of beers if I am wrong.
    Then you can probably buy it already, because all stars point out that tyrande is getting axed hard. She will be a final sacrifice for beautiful message of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You contradict yourself.

Again, I am not arguing to spell it out literally ... stop strawmanning. It is annoying having to argue against your argument and the strawman you are building of my arguments. My example isn't literally spelling it out, it is implying that they view them as a threat. Spelling it out would be to have Tyrande state "Sylvanas is a threat to all living things and must be exterminated." I am not asking for that.

There is no implications that Tyrande cares about the threat Sylvanas poses to all life. Hell, you can't even state that Tyrande considers Sylvanas still a threat to the Night Elves, but at least you could argue it is possibly implied. All we have is vengeance which they allowed her to spell out twice and imply a few other times. Why is asking for one of those vengeance lines be change asking for it to be "spelled out like a cartoon?" That's pure nonsense.
    That's not a contradiction, I said the night elves, we have zero idea what they are up do or how many are even following Tyrande or if she is also there trying to set up a new home for her people, we don't know if they won in darkshore or they are going into Ashenvale, we have zero idea as to what the night elves are doing at all in an expansion that started off with their genocide and then ignored them entirely except for a warfront that will forever be locked in a stalemate for gameplay purposes.

We have no idea what they are even doing, but we know what Tyrande is doing, we don't need to know all the reasons why. But why do you think Tyrande wouldn't view sylvanas who committed genocide against her people and raised the night elf dead as her servants as a threat? Why is that so important to you that she needs to spell it out? What would make you think Tyrande doesn't see her as a threat to her people?

15+ Year Old Account
    Then you can probably buy it already, because all stars point out that tyrande is getting axed hard. She will be a final sacrifice for beautiful message of BFA.
    No probs! Which type of beer?

But weren't you also on the "Sylvanas won't be made into an evil char" train?
    I think I don't trust your predictions so much^^ sorry
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    No probs! Which type of beer?

But weren't you also on the "Sylvanas won't be made into an evil char" train?
    I think I don't trust your predictions so much^^ sorry
    It was more like "they won't make sylvanas into antagonist in such a shameless way"

Also do you really believe that blizzard won't use their last chance to fuck nelves, the ultimate joke race, for a last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a contradiction, I said the night elves, we have zero idea what they are up do or how many are even following Tyrande or if she is also there trying to set up a new home for her people, we don't know if they won in darkshore or they are going into Ashenvale, we have zero idea as to what the night elves are doing at all in an expansion that started off with their genocide and then ignored them entirely except for a warfront that will forever be locked in a stalemate for gameplay purposes.

We have no idea what they are even doing, but we know what Tyrande is doing, we don't need to know all the reasons why. But why do you think Tyrande wouldn't view sylvanas who committed genocide against her people and raised the night elf dead as her servants as a threat? Why is that so important to you that she needs to spell it out? What would make you think Tyrande doesn't see her as a threat to her people?
    Because Tyrande knows that Sylvanas has been removed as Warchief and no longer leads the Horde. We don't know how many followers Sylvanas has, therefor we have no reason to assume that Tyrande even views Sylvanas as still a threat to her people, it is implied, but we can't state it as a fact. For all we know, Tyrande views Sylvanas as an escaped criminal on the run, which isn't the same as viewing Sylvanas as a threat.

And no, we don't need it spelled out ... I literally already addressed this strawman at least twice. There are ways of addressing it without directly spelling it out. Why is everything always either this or that with you?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Okay okay... everybody calm down please.

We have...

... a definitely EVIL sylvanas, abandoning all life and the horde who killed Saurfang with some death-ray
    ... a pissed, yet not fully evil Tyrande who wants to make a new home for the night elves in Nordrassil
    And Shandris who is not openly denying her faction leaders command (yet).

I think it is safe to say that

1) Sylvanas will not receive a redemption (after *deathraying the horde hero*... *muaharrharr you are all NOOOOTHING*)
    2) Tyrande will not be made into a villain
    3) Sylvanas is the face of the WoW part of the blizzcon banner, because she leads us to the next expansion and was the big point of discussion about "morally gray" behavior from horde players
    4) Tyrande will def. do some "morally gray" stuff soon. Including making some spare ripp BBQ in tauren camps and moon-light-crisping some stinky orcs/trolls/forsaken/insertanyotherstinkyracehere.

I think awesome times incoming
    Considering the moronic writing of the current writing team,I think,that Tyrande will strike without mercy at the Horde's races,that "deserve it the most" - pandaren and vulpera!
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me of the Negan and the saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and,eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".

15+ Year Old Account
    It was more like "they won't make sylvanas into antagonist in such a shameless way"

Also do you really believe that blizzard won't use their last chance to fuck nelves, the ultimate joke race, for a last time.
    Nope because they know that half of the alliance players play night elves and they think of money in the first place
    Also golden has a pretty big love to alliance

Hope they don't go for the obvious path of having Tyrande actually get vengeance. It would be better to see her die cause she can't let go of her vengeance and keep Sylvanas around as an anti hero. The cast has enough pure and good characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope because they know that half of the alliance players play night elves and they think of money in the first place
    Also golden has a pretty big love to alliance
    And that stopped them from shitting on nelves on every occasion?

Because Tyrande knows that Sylvanas has been removed as Warchief and no longer leads the Horde. We don't know how many followers Sylvanas has, therefor we have no reason to assume that Tyrande even views Sylvanas as still a threat to her people, it is implied, but we can't state it as a fact. For all we know, Tyrande views Sylvanas as an escaped criminal on the run, which isn't the same as viewing Sylvanas as a threat.

And no, we don't need it spelled out ... I literally already addressed this strawman at least twice. There are ways of addressing it without directly spelling it out. Why is everything always either this or that with you?
    Sylvanas 1v1's Malfurion. Sylvanas can raise the dead which Tyrande views as unnatural, Sylvanas was raising dead night elves and torturing living ones, Sylvanas still has followers. There is no reason for Tyrande to not view a genocidal demigod as a threat, and she has never said she doesn't view her as one. Not being in charge of the horde any longer is completely irrelevant and doesn't make this insanely powerful being no longer a threat to anyone, it would be idiotic to assume that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Hope they don't go for the obvious path of having Tyrande actually get vengeance. It would be better to see her die cause she can't let go of her vengeance and keep Sylvanas around as an anti hero. The cast has enough pure and good characters.
    Its more than likely that tyrande will die to prove that "noone is flawless" and that alliance can be as bad as horde (lol). The fact that alot of night elf dialogue seems to point out that she kinda distances herself from general population and leads group of extermists is even bigger hint of whats to come.

Horde no longer has a warchief, but a council lead by Baine and Thrall...
    Rip Horde.
    If there's gonna be faction split I'm joining the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas 1v1's Malfurion. Sylvanas can raise the dead which Tyrande views as unnatural, Sylvanas was raising dead night elves and torturing living ones, Sylvanas still has followers. There is no reason for Tyrande to not view a genocidal demigod as a threat, and she has never said she doesn't view her as one. Not being in charge of the horde any longer is completely irrelevant and doesn't make this insanely powerful being no longer a threat to anyone, it would be idiotic to assume that.
    Do you ever get tired of building strawmen? Seriously, that is every one of your arguments against me.

Yes, all those are implications that she could view Sylvanas as a threat ... what I stated is you can't state that as a fact.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-10-08 at 11:07 AM.
    –The Sith Code

People thinking there will be a unifaction should take this hint that factions can't really go away. Mainly for technical reasons and for the fact that grudges and what not is the basis for gameplay. There will be moments of peace but there will always be moments of war. Alliance and Horde has gone back and forth for so long I see no reason why it will ever end.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Illidan would be so proud!
    Indeed.

I'm apalled by how many people are pleased with Tyrande becoming a psycho..

I hope they don't destroy her character though, much of what has happened is tied into a bigger plot, tyrande is the voice of Elune, and once that is revealed
    it should satisfy her rage and utilise her constructively.

Do you ever get tired of building strawmen? Seriously, that is every one of your arguments against me.

Yes, all those are implications that she could view Sylvanas as a threat ... what I stated is you can't state that as a fact.
    Literally none of that was a strawman, you are the one saying we need to know that Tyrande views sylvanas as a threat, but there is nothing to imply she does not. Her saying it won't change anything other than spelling out the obvious.

There is no implications that Tyrande cares about the threat Sylvanas poses to all life. Hell, you can't even state that Tyrande considers Sylvanas still a threat to the Night Elves.
    For all we know, Tyrande views Sylvanas as an escaped criminal on the run, which isn't the same as viewing Sylvanas as a threat.

Why would she just view Sylvanas as an escaped criminal? It's more absurd to believe than that believing Tyrande doesn't view Sylvanas as a threat.

Oh you added this part, but yes it's heavily implied, her not directly spelling it out for your doesn't mean she doesn't view her as one. With the limited dialogue she is allowed to have there is no reason to say she doesn't view her as one when you look at what happened to the night elves and malfurion because of her.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2019-10-08 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally none of that was a strawman, you are the one saying we need to know that Tyrande views sylvanas as a threat, but there is nothing to imply she does not. Her saying it won't change anything other than spelling out the obvious.

Why would she just view Sylvanas as an escaped criminal? It's more absurd to believe than that believing Tyrande doesn't view Sylvanas as a threat.
    Because I argue facts, you argue from your head canon.

Again, strawmanning. Read the posts, could you do that for me once?

You argue that Tyrande cares about the threat Sylvanas' poses to all life ... there is no implications she cares about that period.
    You argue that Tyrande cares about the threat Sylvanas' poses to her people ... there are implications there, but you can't state it as a fact. The evidence also supports the idea that Tyrande may view Sylvanas as an escaped criminal that doesn't pose a current threat. Therefor, you can't state for a fact that Tyrande even considers Sylvanas currently a threat to her people. You can't state as a fact that Tyrande currently views Sylvanas as a threat.

Seriously, you strawman without understanding what that is.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-10-08 at 11:13 AM.
    –The Sith Code