Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry This is queerbaiting. And it's wrong.

Wrathion: Kalecgos. I am told you entered into a relationship with a human.
    Kalecgos: I... well, it is... complicated.
    Wrathion: Humans often can be. Like all mortals, they are fickle beings, yet they hold great promise.
    Kalecgos: From what I have been told, certain mortals might say the same thing about you.
    Wrathion: Hmph. Complicated indeed..

Why would this dialogue start with Wrathion mentioning Kalecgos' romance with Jaina if there was no romantic connotation to the rest of the dialogue?
    It's obvious when Wrathion is talking about humans he's talking about their potential as romantic partners.

And Kalecgos' response obviously shows that he knows of at least one human who wants to have or is already in a relationship with Wrathion.

Wrathions acknowledges it too, with his last line.

What can we get out of this exchange?

A) Jaina is a gossip.
    B) Whoever wants a relationship (or already has one) with Wrathion is close enough to Jaina to share their interest in Wrathion with her.
    C) That whoever is definitely a human.

This is some ridiculous queerbaiting, Blizzard.
    We all know you won't make Wranduin canon, so why the hell are you so heavily implying it?
    There's no other human close enough to Wrathion and Jaina but Anduin, for crying out loud.

I stg man, this is offensive on all levels, and before anyone says anything, I AM LGBT MYSELF. IT IS OFFENSIVE TO ME.
    I seriously hate queerbaiting because it never leads to anything and just serves to give yaoi fangirls fanfic fodder while at the same time making all the homophobic players attack everything LGBT-related, including us queer players.

It makes a mockery of us imo.

So please Blizzard, if you're not gonna have the balls to make this canon, don't even imply it.
    Get rid of this interaction entirely, and if you're gonna give Wrathion a woman as a wife, introduce her into the story right now, no stupid speculation.

Have some damned respect for your player, please.

Edit: I don't know if some people are just too dense to realize things, but I'm not defending Wranduin here. On the contrary, I am denouncing Blizzard for putting in dialogue that can misconstrued by shippers in order to queerbait people into thinking Wranduin can happen. So please stop harassing me.
    I am not in need of psychiatric help just because I can see a trope being used in a story. And if you think you're cool by telling people who simply mention the existence of queerbaiting to seek help, I'm sorry to say you're not. You're simply trolling.

Edit 2: Let me try to make you understand. IF - not that they will, but if - Blizzard ups and makes Wrathion and Anduin a couple, won't you, a straight person, get royally mad that they did that, because all the conversations were vague?

You will, right? Because not only you don't want Anduin or Wrathion to be gay, but you don't want them to be together based on vague conversations.

That's exactly where I'm coming from, but from the other side. I do not enjoy Blizzard putting up vague dialogues from which people MIGHT construe queer relationships that don't exist because that's offensive. It's purposely vague to feed fanfiction.

It's as offensive as queer relationships being made canon "out of nowhere".

Also, I'm not talking on behalf of anyone else but myself. And guess what, I can speak for myself. If you don't agree, you have no reason to attack me. I'm not attacking you. I'm just complaining about an issue that affects me.
    Last edited by Weatherwax; 2019-10-08 at 01:27 PM. Reason: clarification

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seek therapy if you get triggered this hard by Video Game dialogue that requires you to apply copious amounts of your own Mental Gymnastic context to get angry about.

1. That doesn't have to mean anything.
    2. He's dead pretty soon anyway. It really doesn't matter.

Dude it's not a big deal, and this isnt heavy handed. Were all right.

Wrathion: Humans often can be. Like all mortals, they are fickle beings, yet they hold great promise.
    Kalecgos: From what I have been told, certain mortals might say the same thing about you.
    Wrathion: Hmph. Complicated indeed.

What i see there, they are talking about how someone can say the same thing about wrathion. Being fickle being yet holding great promise.

Dont see any queer BS here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seek help. Being triggered so hard by something you think it's implied is bad for you
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
    It really looks like you are letting your fanfic fantasy color how you interpret certain interactions. I read this and see nothing at all of what you are hoping for....

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a deep breath, I'm pretty sure you're imagining things.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Wrathion: Hmph. Complicated indeed.

What i see there, they are talking about how someone can say the same thing about wrathion. Being fickle being yet holding great promise.

Dont see any queer BS here.
    This is how I read it as well, which seems to fit Wrathion to a tee imo.

seek help soon else you become the next joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Wrathion isn't going to die lol

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Queerbaiting isn't a thing. Get out more
    He falls under Nzoth corruption as DW did. nothing more to do for him. Look at his model. Being torn apart

You are way too deep in your fanfic I would never have even had your idea cross my mind.

I don't even get what's queerbaiting. Can anyone guide me?
    Sounds more like Wrathion are suspicious of interracial relationships which can lead to complications.

Doesn't sound like lt has anything to do with queer, but more so about factions, which warcraft have always been about.
    Wrathion seems more suspicious about Kalecgos allegiances and if he will chose humans or dragons if push comes to shove.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's a thing. Do you even know what that is, though?
    Here, let me help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queerbaiting
    Last edited by Weatherwax; 2019-10-08 at 01:10 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I don't even get what's queerbaiting. Can anyone guide me?
    Sounds more like Wrathion are suspicious of interracial relationships which can lead to complications.

Doesn't sound like lt has anything to do with queer, but more so about factions, which warcraft have always been about.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queerbaiting

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
    Of course it's a thing. Do you even know what that is, though?
    Not whatever it is you think it is given your example.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is wrong with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're reaching a bit far with this tiny piece of dialog.
    Next you'll be insinuating that Wrathion being corrupted by Nzoth is a metaphor for conversion therapy.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

But they literally did the same with Lor'themar and Thalyssra - teasing that Thalyssra wants him but calling him a friend in the end, while Lor'themar likes Liadrin.