Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Then it’s a good thing they aren’t adding riffs as the visions are nothing like them.

And it’s a good thing there adding cool new group content for up to 5 players that you can also do alone if you do choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Even then M+ Only has two similarity with them being timed and you not being able to change gear.

Wow has never had any thing truly comparable to rifts.
    Ummm, Upgrading your stone to do even harder ones.... comes to mind. Or don't you remember how Rifts 1st worked.

to be fair this visions is a beta testing for probably one of the next features of wow (diablo rifts alike).

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    rifts are terrible content. rifts didnt revive d3 in the slightest. d3 has been completely dead for years
    Sorry but just because you don't play D3 doesn't mean Rifts and D3 are dead.

I mean by that standard, WoW retail is dead because some random forumer's opinion is that WoW's been completely dead to them for years.

Hell, I don't even play D3 any more and I know the game is still being played. They just talked about future seasons plans. They wouldn't be doing that if there's no one playing the game.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    OP over-generalising to make it fit, nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want rifts in WoW too, but I believe the visions are not like rifts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    When I'm browsing genres of video games, and I want to play a game that features a social community, MMO is probably the first thing I'm thinking of. But what does blizz think MMO means?

1. LFR which is getting autogrouped with randoms that never talk or know each other at all.
    2. arenas, which is tiny groups of 3v3 pvp again matched up with randoms and no sense of community at all.
    3. island expeditions, which is again automatched with randoms that never talk in the same sense of LFR.
    4. warfronts, which is again automatched with randoms that never talk
    5. visions, which effectively are just rifts where you solo thru mobs for a reward at the end.
    6. M+, which you could maybe argue is actually social to some extent, but totally lacks the entire framework for it to be social. There should be in-game leaderboards, in-game tournaments complete with brackets to check out, or spectator mode to watch people play complete with chat, and the ability to click on items and players, or ghost groups to race against that can be traded. Most features to make it social are totally absent or shunted off to some website that people won't open ever, or left to twitch which is a poor substitute for actually having it in-game.

Where is the mmo in any of this? As I say, they might as well add weekly poker tournaments, maybe some WoW sports like WoW basketball, WoW soccer, WoW football, WoW baseball, pokemon, pac-man and tetris. Because the word mmo is meaningless at this point.
    -Snap- Just completely sizing this down, since @MoanaLisa basically said the same thing, albeit very very short.

You have plenty of answers by now, on the original topic. No, Visions aren't rifts. And let me size down the lengthy previous post on the topic more. The only thing Visions and Rifts have in common is having a colored bar that depletes and puts you on a theoretical timer. That's it. Take it or leave it. And go find some friends or guildies and take a step out of the Matchmaking bubble, if you want social interaction. It's literally just a small step above all the extremely irrelevant and watered down matchmade Content you've listed and guilds with the social standards you are looking for, from Normal, to Mythic, to all things casual, exist. Truly sorry, but you don't have to be a Blizz Shill or Tryhard to see that, find buddies/a guild and have what you're asking for. If you can't be arsed, that's on you and the only thing you're showing is that you're either extremely ignorant to the existence of said features/content or daft.
    Last edited by Dismayxz; 2019-10-08 at 06:10 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Ummm, Upgrading your stone to do even harder ones.... comes to mind. Or don't you remember how Rifts 1st worked.
    When the stones work in comply different ways can you really say it’s the same? D3 stones have no set layout no set mobs not even a set boss. They also don’t have set modifiers that they gain on level.

I mean you upgrade both but when the stones and upgrades them selfs work comply differently can you really say there the same?