Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters' way.

Basically confirms Dragon isles in 9.0. I'm not sure if it was leak or speculation I read where Dragon isles will be about the dragonflights trying to regain their power.

The blind queen wields a scepter of bone. From the deep she calls forth doom.

Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    His previous quotes had fuckall to do with BfA's plot development so why bother with these? Just more speculation bait for Pyromancer and Bellular to waste their time on that will lead to nothing.
    Pretty much this.

People tried to connect the last ones with information we had previously and connect dots when they all had essentially nothing to do with BfA. They literally just vaguely described things we ended up kind of seeing, as well as some cryptic hints on vague shit that either hasn't or didn't come to pass.

It's neat and all to speculate but I can't help feeling some cynicism towards it this time. Fool me once, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Pretty much this.

People tried to connect the last ones with information we had previously and connect dots when they all had essentially nothing to do with BfA. They literally just vaguely described things we ended up kind of seeing, as well as some cryptic hints on vague shit that either hasn't or didn't come to pass.

It's neat and all to speculate but I can't help feeling some cynicism towards it this time. Fool me once, etc.
    We still haven't seen the end of this expansion so I wouldn't call it entirely vague shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    We still haven't seen the end of this expansion so I wouldn't call it entirely vague shit.
    I'd love to be proven wrong, honestly. I thought a lot of the speculating was fun and interesting, but so far it's all been pretty straightforward, like the "Circle of Stars" literally just being a place called The Circle of Stars.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.

This one is easy, it's Mueh'zala, who could also be, or at least have something to do with, Bwonsamdi's mysterious "boss.

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.

Sounds a lot like Calia. Although it could be about Anduin as well, but I find it quite unlikely.

When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.

Sylvie's Val'kyrs come to mind, but that's a bit too obvious. I was rather thinking about the Klaxxi Paragons.

The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.

Given that Tyrande is "consumed by vengeance", maybe Blizz will spank her hubby's ass if they don't want to fully commit to a Tyrande raid/dungeon. Or perhaps someone from the Green Dragonflight?

Looks a lot like the five dragonflights. But this is also too obvious

This could be the morally grey lady, if she had rolled DH instead of a hunter/spriest hybrid spec.

The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

The six masters? It could be a reference to the six cosmic forces in Warcraft, but the one "kneeling" is... Hard to tell at this point.
    My guesses. Btw, I'm a disgusting sucker for this kind of !@#$, gief moar Blizz pl0x
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-10-08 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.

When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.

The first one sounds like sounds like Mueh'zala, Loa of Death, as he literally has the title "Father of Sleep" according to Zul'Farrak. Is he who Sylvanas has been feeding?

Second one sounds like Calia taking the empty throne to Lordaeron/rule over the Forsaken.

Don't know about the rest, but speculate away!
    1. Same thoughts as everyone else- the Mueh'zala dude.

2. Yep... 99% sure it's about Calia. 1% could be Soyboy Anduin.

3. The number 9 kinda ties me down to Sylvanases valkyries. But, only like 2-3 of them remain? So, I would be so sure about this 1 as everyone else is.

4. Tbh, I kinda connect this 1 to the Elune. Just because of that "leak" we had where someone said that Tyrande is pissed off cus she made "frenemies" with Death.
    + extra: "Beware the eyes of green." - I get this as "extra" here. Could refer to the green dragonflight, but also to something "fel-related".

5. 5 lanterns- 99% 5 dragonflights. They could seek the flame within Dragon Isles (to retake/regain their former powers)

6. Why the heck everyone connect this to Sylvanas? What bone scepter could she possibly have? And shes not blind? Doh... Kinda unsure about this 1.... Nothing comes up to my mind.

7. This could also be referred to Sylvanas loyalists- they kneel before six masters (new Horde's council), but they serve only one (Sylvanas, doh)....

And yeah.... everything of this is "it might/could happen..."= pure speculation.

So I really liked Ilgynoth's first batch of riddles because they're obvious homage to Lovecraft and hinted at things to come. It's something seeded for a long time, and it feels substantial.

This new batch though... seems very self-serving to me. Like, they're inserting prophecies that are meant to be resolved in very near future, and they brought back Ilgynoth for that very purpose. The riddles seem very on the nose too, rather than being some open-ended 'up to interpretation' type stuff that we had with the first batch.

The first one sounds like sounds like Mueh'zala, Loa of Death, as he literally has the title "Father of Sleep" according to Zul'Farrak. Is he who Sylvanas has been feeding?

Second one sounds like Calia taking the empty throne to Lordaeron/rule over the Forsaken.

Don't know about the rest, but speculate away!
    six masters might be council of Horde (Thrall, Baine, Lorthremar, Thalyssra, etc) and serving only one maybe sylvanas' loyalists?

also vassal of life could be Lyiandrin, but her eyes are golden.

btw previous hints too made less sense. blizzard makes some hints and fails to fulfill story. (remember how Varian was going to have in MoP several challenges which would shape him into better leader? and how it ended up as 2 random Scenarios?)
    Last edited by masterjc; 2019-10-08 at 07:03 PM.

Let's take one of the old ones, which seems to come true in 8.3:
    "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming."

Azshara is being tortured in Nya'lotha and it's rumoured or interpreted that she will turn on N'Zoth and be on our side. She "died" twice now, now her "third death" is coming. She brought us to Nazjatar with Sylvanas, she is turning on N'Zoth in the new raid. And she might finally die there, for the "third time", for real? Three times the charm amirite.

"You bore me. Obey my demands or suffer.
    Your performance is tiresome. Fulfill my wishes or die.
    Now go and do what you will. I tire of intermediaries and heralds. The true throne of power beckons, and I intend to claim it.

Keep that orb away from me!
    Do not allow the Void to touch me!
    Noooooo!
    You will suffer for this!"

Might this be Azshara in the fight against N'Zoth? And she talks about us, the heroes? Interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Let's take one of the old ones, which seems to come true in 8.3:
    "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming."

Azshara is being tortured in Nya'lotha and it's rumoured or interpreted that she will turn on N'Zoth and be on our side. She "died" twice now, now her "third death" is coming. She brought us to Nazjatar with Sylvanas, she is turning on N'Zoth in the new raid. And she might finally die there, for the "third time", for real? Three times the charm amirite.

"You bore me. Obey my demands or suffer.
    Your performance is tiresome. Fulfill my wishes or die.
    Now go and do what you will. I tire of intermediaries and heralds. The true throne of power beckons, and I intend to claim it.

Keep that orb away from me!
    Do not allow the Void to touch me!
    Noooooo!
    You will suffer for this!"

Might this be Azshara in the fight against N'Zoth? And she talks about us, the heroes? Interesting for sure.
    I hope she survives....

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I've literally stated this several times...

The Void Lords.

- - - Updated - - -

The Void Lords are a council of 6, but one of them stands above the rest.
    you know who else is a council of 6, Dalaran. possibly calling them cunning because they pretend to fight against the old gods but are plotting. its possible we aren't actually killing old gods, but setting them free from their prisons. remember that "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."— Herald Volazj

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    "The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green." Alextrasza and green dragons or Malfruion?
    probably cenarius, considering he was just brought back from death.
    Last edited by zhero; 2019-10-08 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcatcher3 View Post
    I hope she survives....
    Well so far she hasn't really died, but died in a metaphorical way. All three deaths could be metaphorical. Maybe she kills Nzoth with us and lose the curse, so her Naga form "dies" or something like that. Endless possibilities. But anyway, I am convinced the three deaths "prophecy" is about her. Or it's all just bullshit from blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe it's referring to him, but worth pointing out that Illidan has green eyes, kneels before 6 titans and also is serving life as Sargeras' jailor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I don't believe it's referring to him, but worth pointing out that Illidan has green eyes, kneels before 6 titans and also is serving life as Sargeras' jailor.
    I dont know if his fel sockets counts as green eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Well so far she hasn't really died, but died in a metaphorical way. All three deaths could be metaphorical. Maybe she kills Nzoth with us and lose the curse, so her Naga form "dies" or something like that. Endless possibilities. But anyway, I am convinced the three deaths "prophecy" is about her. Or it's all just bullshit from blizzard
    She could very well have "died" twice already in a close to literal way. After the sundering it is not a stretch to assume that she actually was in the process of drowning as N'zoth transformed her, meaning she could be said to have died. At the end of The Eternal Palace she also looks to have died before N'zoth ressurected her.
    All we need now is her dying a third time for real to complete the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post

To me when i hear this one i just imagine Turalyon as leader of the alliance.
    If Anduin turns evil and abdicates the throne, this golden one will make a claim. Perhaps it is Turalyon. However, further foreshadowing indicates that in a best case scenario he will do a bad job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Argus.
    This has already been figured out - assuredly not Argus.

Helya and the val'kyr.
    Unlikely.

Probably something connected to Eonar. "Eyes of green" doesn't have to refer to literal green eyes. I'm thinking more nature/life.
    But we do have the green eyes watching us in the Vol'jin questline, so it could be literal green eyes aswell.
    The key word here is vassal. Eonar is not a vassal of life.

Eonar. Eonar is wielding a staff of alabaster and her eyes have a white glow.
    Highly unlikely.

Illidan and Sargeras at the Pantheon, but they serve only... death/Argus?
    What? No, of course not. And Argus is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    She could very well have "died" twice already in a close to literal way. After the sundering it is not a stretch to assume that she actually was in the process of drowning as N'zoth transformed her, meaning she could be said to have died. At the end of The Eternal Palace she also looks to have died before N'zoth ressurected her.
    All we need now is her dying a third time for real to complete the set.
    Yeah, that too is a possibility for sure. I for one would count the first to actually dying, but maybe not really dying, she would have I guess. But how long can you hold your breath anyway :P
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-10-08 at 10:06 PM.

Easy, he is talking literally about Mueh'zala, the loa of death. Also, wasn't Shadowsfall the name of the leak ?

I believe he is talking about Calia and how the Light is not the benevolent force some believe.

Maybe Tyrande / Elune ? The ravens could actually be Druids flying to gather something for her revenge. Or Sylvanas and her val'kyr, but some of them are dead and she doesn't have 9 anymore.

The Dreamer is a vessel for the power of Eonar and she had green eyes, but she is dead. Maybe another Green Dragon and some nightmare shenanigans, maybe someone that followed Ysera.

Five weak Dragon Aspects powering the Heart of Azeroth that was used to open the way for N'zoth.

Sylvanas striking her bargain with Azshara and that released N'zoth in the end. Not sure about the scepter of bone.

No idea. Maybe six is the number of Void Lords.

I believe not all whispers are predictions, some are about things that have already happened since living outside the cycle is a constant theme of the old gods.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Important to remember these are "prophecies" created by an agent of the Old Gods. It would be stupid if they were all true or direct. Same as the Legion ones, I think they serve to create doubt and misdirection both in universe and out of the game.

I'm interpreting this as before N'zoth falls, Mueh'zala gets whatever Sylvanas has been setting up for him. This doesn't mean Mueh'zala will act with it while we're dealing with N'zoth however.

Calia and Anduin seem the most likely, the context makes it seem more like Calia but I believe the Old Gods see the throne of Stormwind as vacant with someone as malleable as Anduin sitting in it.

How many characters have been raised by Sylvanas or done so under her orders during BfA?

Alexstraza stands out the most to me, but a vassal of life could be any living thing.

I like the idea this is related to the dragonflights. The Aspects were originally agents of the titans, who gave up their power to destroy Deathwing, who became an agent of the Old Gods. It makes sense to me that this was just a step in the Aspects/dragonflights as a whole being manipulated by the Old Gods to benefit the Void. Next expansion might suggest what this flame is.

The most obvious one is Azshara, followed by Sylvanas, but I'd like to put forth Talanji as a possible contender for this whisper. Il'gynoth could view Bwonsamdi as a tool, or a sceptre of bone. Doom in this context seems weird to stick on Azshara to me, but still definitely possible.

This better not be foreshadowing Med'an I swear... not sure who could be seen as kneeling before all of the powers of Warcraft. But I see a case for the Night Elves, especially with Tyrande's turn.