Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seeing our leftist poster cheer on colonialism wrt Tibet and Xinjiang is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So you're promoting political violence? Let's see if the mods turn a blind eye again..
    it's no different then seeking the defeat of a warlord's soldiers. china is just given legitimacy for some ungodly reason i can't discern.

there's no difference between the PRC and the DPRK

also, being afraid of repercussions and being happy are two different things.

Like the zero people they killed?
    they've killed and suppressed millions.

they deserve what they get.

Pretty strange, seeing as both Tibet and Xinjian do not consider themselves colonised.
    Stamping out cultural identity and throwing people into re-education camps is not colonialism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not according to the people who live there..

Why are it always the Americans (and buddies) claiming OTHER people are oppressed and really need to be liberated? Preferably with profit..
    Dunno, maybe if the Dutch were better at recognizing when war crimes were going on we could have avoided Srebrenica.

EDIT: It occurs to me my prior statement was incorrect. They were well aware it was going on, they just chose to do nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Americans stopped interfering everywhere, there wouldn't have been a war?
    You do realise that the troubles in former Yugoslavia are largely the result of Austro-Hungarian and Soviet postcolonialism, yes?

- - - Updated - - -

It's really simple:
    1. The majority of people in HK hate the protesters and see them as terrorists.
    2. Tibet doesn't hate China, despite media here trying to tell you otherwise.
    3. The Uyghurs are incredibly happy about the central government finally ending the terrorist threat the US deliberately caused.
    4. Taiwan doesn't dare to do shit because they would get blown out of the water.
    5. We have always been at war with Eastasia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

South Park' Scrubbed From Chinese Internet After Critical Episode
    https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...nternet_after/

Mission accomplished haha. Episode is also called band in china, word of play on banned in china i think they are pretty damn smart matt and trey after all and i think they knew it would get banned there

Good stuff.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Good thing, the episode deserved it. It was fucking retarded, but the creators know that their followers love it.

It's basically the liberal equivalent of a racist piece of shit calling Muslims goatfuckers, etc.
    Yes im sure that's the reason you hate the episode lol. It was good, not the best but i enjoyed it.

And i think your forgetting that south park shits on everyone/everything no one is safe it's kind of their thing to get into everything political and stuff.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-10-07 at 08:11 PM.

They also mocked china with a mock apology for the episode getting banned there.

We too love money more than freedom and democracy they said after regime removes all traces of show from Chinese internet over censorship episode.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...ng_apology_to/

Not linking to actual sites as they are just the usual please turn of your adblocker shit. I never do that but link is inside anyways if you want to.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-10-08 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...i guess blizzard just proven south park is right:

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Blizz is demonstrating that it can't act quickly enough to curry favor with the authoritarian PRC regime:

Blizzard Suspends Hearthstone Player For Hong Kong Support, Pulls Prize Money
    Chung “Blitzchung” Ng Wai, a pro Hearthstone player from Hong Kong, ended a stream earlier this week with a statement of support for those engaged in months-long protests against local police and government. As a result of this, Blizzard has ruled that he violated competition rules, and have handed out a heavy punishment.
    Blitzchung’s punishment is an immediate removal from Grandmasters, a withholding of prize money for his participation and a ban from taking part in Hearthstone esports “for 12 months beginning from Oct. 5th, 2019 and extending to Oct. 5th, 2020".

Blizzard also add that, despite them physically ducking from his comments on air and immediately cutting to a commercial, the company “will also immediately cease working with both casters” involved in airing Blitzchung’s statement.
    If you give a damn about freedom, democracy or integrity, you have a moral obligation to unsub now and join what will hopefully become a fast-growing boycott of the authoritarian ass-kissers C-levels at Blizzard (if you want to keep your Blizzcon ticket to shout “Liberate Hong Kong. Revolution of our age!” be my guest ).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    So, Blizz is demonstrating that it can't act quickly enough to curry favor with the authoritarian PRC regime:

If you give a damn about freedom, democracy or integrity, you have a moral obligation to unsub now and join what will hopefully become a fast-growing boycott of the authoritarian ass-kissers C-levels at Blizzard (if you want to keep your Blizzcon ticket to shout “Liberate Hong Kong. Revolution of our age!” be my guest ).
    Can't unsub, been unsubbed for years.

While I don't agree with what Blizzard I'm curious what steps you're taking to actually protest the Chinese government.

And the "moral" imperative has existed for a long time now given the level of manufacturing a lot of western countries have in China. Hong Kong's just more contentious about it because they had a relatively good go of it under the British and when you have something good you don't want it taken away but the PRC's treatment is nothing new and in fact it's worse for mainl anders.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I know, right? You look at a cop in USA a wrong way, and you get smoked immediately. You fail to comply with some minor order like: "keep your hands on the wheel" and you get pumped full of lead.

Pan over to a non-USA country, and suddenly the cops are supposed to treat people lobbing fire grenades and brandishing pipes at them with kid gloves.

Double standards and hypocrisy at its finest.

I am having a hard time feeling any sympathy for protesters there. "You live by the sword, you die by the sword".
    maybe those cops should be on the right side. dress them up, call them what you want, they're enforcing the orders of an evil regime.

would you say that kurds killing ISIS troops deserve what they get when ISIS attacks them?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    why doesn't hong kong team with taiwan, tibet, and the uyghurs?

if these provinces would just rise up and support each other, china wouldn't be able to do anything about it. they could try, of course. but it'd probably even spark uprisings within the rest of china itself.

rise up and kill your oppressors. people are saying that protestor that got shot shouldn't have gotten violent with the cops, but that cop is a legitimate enemy target to strike at.
    China is invading with an army. You can't counteract manpower without manpower. Though the protests in Hong Kong are large, they are ultimately outnumbered, and don't have the resources of China. The protesters don't have military equipment and if violence did flare up, that'd only result in the Chinese army deploying even more resources which the protesters have no hope of countering. They simply don't have the ability to push out the Chinese army, and no one else is going to put their neck on the line for a foreign country. Russia blatantly annexed Crimea and the most anyone did was toss some light sanctions at Russia. Now no one even remembers it. The West sure talks about how they will stand up and protect democracy, but no one is going to put their neck on the line for someone else until it's their neck on the line.

I fear that once China secures the South China Sea, they'll go for Taiwan and the most anyone will do is toss some light sanctions at China.

Why are it always the Americans (and buddies) claiming OTHER people are oppressed and really need to be liberated? Preferably with profit..
    Perhaps because we live in a country where we are blessed with the most freedoms and protections in the world, and feel sorry when we look out across the pond and see people who don't have those freedoms, and benevolently wish they could? It stings more so for us, because one of the core reasons as to why our country was founded as because the government was taking our freedoms away from us, so it stings to see the same thing happening elsewhere. Then again, we're losing our freedoms within our own country ourself day by day.

I've been unsubbed from WoW since February. My friend is still subbed, so I am going to Blizzcon with him next month. If he wasn't subbed, we wouldn't be going at all. I'm curious as to what will be announced to salvage Blizzard's situation (9.0 needs to salvages the fundamental problems with retail WoW, Starcraft is dead, Diablo 4 is years away, Overwatch's potential has been squandered and needs a singleplayer RPG ASAP, HotS was murdered, Hearthstone exists).

I hate Blizzard's corporate guts for sure (laying off employees not because Blizzard is struggling, but for maximizing profits, leading on Esports players only to unexpectedly kill off their league, milking their customers, disrespecting their customers, and so forth), but if I threw a tantrum over every corporate policy, I wouldn't be able to buy food from the grocery store. Everything in the world is owned by some company that is doing some shady, unethical stuff. That said, if there is a chant, I'll join in.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was nothing good about it.
    South Park has always been subtle on its humour, it has always been a show of self-critique. Not being a mouth piece for the government.

This episode looks as if it had been written by Langley.
    Or well, I'd rather say Goebbels, that would be closer to it.
    an ironic statement considering your supporting a genocidal authoritarian government.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    While I don't agree with what Blizzard I'm curious what steps you're taking to actually protest the Chinese government.
    That's the thing (and why anyone who gives a damn about freedom is getting angry at those trying to play defense for Blizz - not saying you are) - this isn't about "the Chinese government" or even doing business in or with China (itself a complex and thorny moral question that I'm certainly not going to start criticizing anyone for doing) - it's about how Blizzard is very clearly and rather desperately licking the PRC's boots by actively pushing the PRC's propaganda line on Hong Kong (in addition to acting as censors for a game in Taiwan). China exists and the vast majority of us (some more or less than others) cannot remove it from our lives with a couple mouse-clicks online, but Blizzard is not only something about which we can all do something with the potential for real impact, it is also willfully taking a position antithetical to the continued existence of you, me, this forum, Blizzard Games, and Western frelling Civilization (that it may only be doing so for its corporate bottom line does not improve its ethical position). If you want to think in terms of the emerging US-China Cold War, Blizzard just public announced (or let slip) that its moving from neutral to co-belligerent with the PRC - from an American POV (if you want America to "win"), it needs to either be harshly punished so that it changes its mind (say "re-evaluates its corporate strategy" if you like), or it needs to be wrecked, so that it is of no use to the PRC.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

There is no coincidence.

There is no compromise.

10+ Year Old Account