Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Well, druid tank is amazing for dungeons, as you actually go AOE threat compared to a prot warr. You're just subpar when it comes to raiding.
    Facts like that cant protect you from being belittled by elitists. They read their opinion in a guide somewhere, who are you to tell them that you have actually experienced it ingame countless time and know it's fine.

But like I said, everyone can play the game in their own style. I'm having tons of fun with moonkins and elemental shamans and so on in my dungeon runs. If other people enjoy to run the same dungeon with the same classes over and over again, that's okay, too. The trick is to avoid each other by communicating before you start the run. Otherwise threads like this one happen.

Also, tank druids in raids are awesome at the current gearing/content level, but I guess that is besides the point :P
    Last edited by owbu; 2019-10-10 at 09:59 AM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    something something talent system, something something itemization, something something you die during leveling.
    Yeah, people have been claiming that vanilla was tough as nails, and with classic using 1.12 gear as a baseline it got even easier. Frankly, most people who were talking about vanilla being harder were from private servers.
    There are differnt types of difficulties. In Vanilla neither classes are difficult to play, nor are dugeons and raids (so far) difficult. BUT, it is easy to get to a point beyond recovery. Liked pulling a mob too many during leveling, or getting heal aggro from a pat a dps has bodypulled. Avoiding these mistakes can certainly be seen as tough, since it is so easy for them to happen. So it is not tough to level to 60, but is tough to level to 60 without dying.

I for exampled, started BFA in CE guild, we did wipe sometimes during the early days, but 1 month I wiped in +10 to 13 keys less often, than we did in MC 1 month in.

If you were really in it for the journey you wouldn't have much trouble tuning out all the noise.

exactly same thing i remember from vanilla tbh, "why are u trying to dps as a pally?!?!" (which is a valid point btw )
    same people, different year, kinda the same game!

In just a few phases you will have the opportunity to easily just buy gear runs as a feral or boomkin and you will have your gear for a few hundred gold which is extremely easy for anyone to make. So even if nobody wants your spec now or wants to invite you, you can just buy the gear you want soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    Actually haven't encountered it on my server (Eu region), maybe it is a bit different on US so who knows.
    I am a raid leader in a guild and we have sp priest, elem and enh shaman and etc. Nobody cares of optimal specs much and we have cleared full content on our first guild raid with 10/10 mc + ony in one evening. So maybe the problem is not in your spec at all?
    Also grinded pack of dungeons and some pug raids at the start in enhance spec and nobody have even questioned it once or didn't accept me because of it, so
    again there can be differences in EU/US communitites but doubt that much.
    Last edited by Loxotron; 2019-10-10 at 12:14 PM.

Let me think... 2005-2006 had... idiots, check. Elitists, some of which had million times less idea of anything than today despite of the same idiotic attitude, check. Crappy social skills, check. Leeching stuff, check.. wait.. could the problem be about people in general?
    Overall I'd say the grouping experiences have been less painful than before, usually quite smooth runs with people having a decent enough grasp of handling things.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm level 28 and been played for 50+ hours...god knows how long those with their gear have been playing /:s
    think it took me 13 days to 60, 8 days 4hrs played. Needless to say that it wasn’t healthy, but now I’m more or less fully pre-bis with a few epics and I’m more or less raidlogging on my main (Paladin). Currently playing my alt/farm character around 2-3 hrs per day, just chilling and chatting. Helping those who need it, we desperately need bgs soon.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    OT :

Ignore these guys. Choose a guild of like-minded individuals who have a pleasant behaviour. Select your PuG according to how the person advertise it. You'll sometimes encounter tryhard idiots, but it's not very hard to filter them out.
    This.

I've seen my share of the elitist types who were 60 and in full BiS gear within a couple of weeks, but I've also seen my share of people who are only just now getting into their low 40's like I am. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of non-douchebag types to play with when I finally get around to 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wanted classic, you got classic. That included the elitists.
    Putin khuliyo

No one wants to carry your literal half-assed DPS, OP. Even if it's possible.

I am playing as a Tanking Shaman and people don;t seem to care, a few were shitting on me until I tanked for them and they realized it is feasible and people are stupid, not to mention pservers were ALL OVERTUNED so the bosses and world content was much more difficult. Most of the info after 2005 is just terribly wrong. Not to mention many stat weights and abilities were off too.

If someone is being elitist just put them on the old ignore list.

When creating a group, I generally prefer people who aren't playing the "best" class/spec. They are usually people who know what they are doing. Granted, it would be nice if Shadow Priests would be a little more mindful of the threat from Mind Blast and fade after each one or not use it on pull

Any time I invite a pure class, especially rogues and mages, I get the most brain dead or ADHD players imaginable. Mages who spam Arcane Explosion the second I pull a group and rogues who stand in front of mobs and parry haste me to near death. Warlocks aren't much better either. Fear spam or Death Coil on mobs that aren't a threat at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right.

Why do you care what they think? Just ignore them.

/thread

Elitist in Classic. LOL. Man I love Classic and it is all I have been playing but what it takes to be "elite" in Classic is pretty much time to play and repatition. If you don't have those two things in the bag then don't compare yourself to those that do. End of the day both of you just end up looking for tank in the group channel for 5 mans and raids its a difference of like one or two weeks of MC clears in which most people are lucky to get 1 or 2 items max if any. So in other words.. stop worrying about them.. truth is for most classes a lot of the blue gear is almost as good if not better than a ton of stuff from MC. For sure now that DM is releasing next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    exactly same thing i remember from vanilla tbh, "why are u trying to dps as a pally?!?!" (which is a valid point btw )
    same people, different year, kinda the same game!
    You can, and do it effectively but you need to know what to use and how to gear it properly. For example If you are trying to DPS as a Paladin and you are using Seal of Command you are already doing it wrong.

You have elitists in every multiplayer game. Just learn to ignore them
    Last edited by McNeil; 2019-10-10 at 02:50 PM.

I think there are many different kinds of gamers, but there are two I'm most interested in. Min/Maxers and Min/Max haters.

I never really separated them like that before, but I noticed it after I showed my brother Diablo 3. I've played it for a long time and he never had. I told him the entire time exactly what he should do each step, but he refused to listen to me, going forward on blind faith that simply playing the game would give him a comparable character that we could play together with.

As you might expect, as we went into the end game, he couldn't even stand at the entrance of the rifts I was easily soloing. Literally, we couldn't play together and he got depressed.

I told him, "hey buddy, let me show you" and we farmed up the set I told him about at first, then I showed him how he needed to change his gameplay style(to which he was VERY resistant) and showed him where he could research his character.

He finally was able to barely keep up with me in a rift, but his dps never really got great, and he certainly couldn't have solo'd the rifts I could, but he at least had a passable character that could do some end game content.

Later I talked to him about it and asked if he had fun. He said he loved the game, but didn't like min/maxing. He wanted to play how he wanted, and didn't find it fun to have to research and work outside of the game to get good inside the game.

I told him that was so strange, because I was the exact opposite. The fun I have with games is planning my epicness from day 1, researching, logging, improving, and finally becoming competitive with top tier players based on plans I started weeks, months, or even years earlier.

He couldn't understand that, just like I couldn't understand his preference for a shallow arcade experience.

We just like different types of games, we are different people.

So, in WoW, lots of different gamers play this game. These "elitists" you run into are probably just those with the same mindset as a min/maxer and you may have a different mindset. There are also classic players who have the mindset of my brother. Despite all this time playing these games, I never really realized how differently people prefer to play. There are so many people that just don't care if their character is meta, and my min/maxing is just as strange to them as their character decisions are to me. Even my own brother has a totally different mindset.

Anyway, cool story, tldr. I get it. I just found it interesting.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-10-10 at 02:52 PM.

I would recommend the same thing i plan to do:

Search for a guild with likeminded people. Simply ignore the ones who try to ruin the game for you.