Theory: The new source of Forsaken (Spoilers within)

I was playing some WoW this afternoon when I got this crazy theory in my head that Bolvar will be the new source of forsaken. Now hear me out. With Calia as the new leader of the forsaken, it is likely that the Forsaken will no longer forcefully resurrect new undead to join them. Even if they have the means, i doubt Calia will allow it. I believe Bolvar will become integral to the undead story going forward, and that this will be one way he does it.

Bolvar may come across, create, or discover "scourge" undead that are salvageable or capable of free will. He ( or a third party such as death knights, may be his daughter) may approach the alliance and horde with this information, and Calia would offer to take them in and help them cope with the horrors of undeath. It solves a few problems

A) These would still be "Forsaken" as they were former scourge, turned against their will etc..

B) this solves the "procreation" issues the forsaken are doomed to face, by providing fresh bodies from the nearly limitless mass of undead contained in northrend.

C) It helps establish the "new" forsaken identity as a place for intelligent undead to live out their existence with other undead in a meaningful capacity.

I do not necessarily think this will happen, but it would be an interesting way to solve the forsaken population issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantor View Post
    I was playing some WoW this afternoon when I got this crazy theory in my head that Bolvar will be the new source of forsaken. Now hear me out. With Calia as the new leader of the forsaken, it is likely that the Forsaken will no longer forcefully resurrect new undead to join them. Even if they have the means, i doubt Calia will allow it. I believe Bolvar will become integral to the undead story going forward, and that this will be one way he does it.

Bolvar may come across, create, or discover "scourge" undead that are salvageable or capable of free will. He ( or a third party such as death knights, may be his daughter) may approach the alliance and horde with this information, and Calia would offer to take them in and help them cope with the horrors of undeath. It solves a few problems

A) These would still be "Forsaken" as they were former scourge, turned against their will etc..

B) this solves the "procreation" issues the forsaken are doomed to face, by providing fresh bodies from the nearly limitless mass of undead contained in northrend.

C) It helps establish the "new" forsaken identity as a place for intelligent undead to live out their existence with other undead in a meaningful capacity.

I do not necessarily think this will happen, but it would be an interesting way to solve the forsaken population issues.
    It's weird because he is already the leader of the death knights, but I could get on board with it, depending on the story outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    It's weird because he is already the leader of the death knights, but I could get on board with it, depending on the story outlet.
    Uh what? Didnt the DK dethrone him? He only has the helmet iirc, which only lets him control the scourge.

Without Frostmourne we dont even know how strong a LK is. Probably not that much stronger than our player DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

A few friends and I had this theory since Cata and the procreation situation with undead. Since Bolvar was needed to gate away the swaths of the Scourge, we figured Belmont and the Apothecary Society would become involved in "rescuing" undead from Northrend and the new zone layout would be a few quests on the boat and suddenly land in Tristfall shores to the North.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post

Without Frostmourne we dont even know how strong a LK is. Probably not that much stronger than our player DK.
    LOL what? The REAL source of the LK's power wasn't Frostmourne but the Helm of Domination which Bolvar now has. It allows the LK to subjegate and command countless Undead, denying them free will to a certain extent. THAT is what makes him the LK. Frostmourne had the power to steal, corrupt or destroy souls but the REAL power came from within the caster. We know Bolvar gives the Deathlord the power to reform the Four Horsemen during Legion. I don't think he would have done that if it wasn't already possible for the Ebon Blade to do so.

Arthas gained Ner'zul's knowledge when they became one. THAT was what made Arthas so damned powerful when he took over as LK. Bolvar doesn't have access to that same knowledge. He's basically learning as he goes along and it's why the Ebon Blade is keeping him on a tight leash. They're in an alliance of convenience right now but Darion made it clear from the beginning they're just using each other conveniently for the time being.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Yay bolvar, make the horde alliance 2020

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    LOL what? The REAL source of the LK's power wasn't Frostmourne but the Helm of Domination which Bolvar now has. It allows the LK to subjegate and command countless Undead, denying them free will to a certain extent. THAT is what makes him the LK. Frostmourne had the power to steal, corrupt or destroy souls but the REAL power came from within the caster. We know Bolvar gives the Deathlord the power to reform the Four Horsemen during Legion. I don't think he would have done that if it wasn't already possible for the Ebon Blade to do so.

Arthas gained Ner'zul's knowledge when they became one. THAT was what made Arthas so damned powerful when he took over as LK. Bolvar doesn't have access to that same knowledge. He's basically learning as he goes along and it's why the Ebon Blade is keeping him on a tight leash. They're in an alliance of convenience right now but Darion made it clear from the beginning they're just using each other conveniently for the time being.
    Anyway without sword -> its power loss, NOT power gain point.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Honestly I think that makes it out that Bolvar cares one way or another. He's more than happy to extort the Ebon Blade into serving him out of threat of re-releasing the scourge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    As much as I dislike Calia, she's bound to cause some ruckus in the mid term, if Il'gynoth's whispers 2.0 are any true:

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness .
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.