Page 47 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "The punishment had nothing to do with China!"

"Also, please ignore what we released about it in Chinese"

lol, cowards.
    You mean what Netease released as they handle Blizzard's stuff over there? Tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    LMAO what were the casters supposed to do? They literally hid themselves under the table and the stream immediately cut to ads.

Spineless as always.
    Not egg the fucking caster on to say some political shit? They're lucky they got the suspension reduced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    You mean what Netease released as they handle Blizzard's stuff over there? Tell me more.
    You realize that as a regional publisher they need to clear these statements with Blizzard. And the fact that they were largely mirrored in their language and released at the same times shows that it was coordinated between the two.

So yeah, still Blizzard's statement, just via Netease.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You realize that as a regional publisher they need to clear these statements with Blizzard. And the fact that they were largely mirrored in their language and released at the same times shows that it was coordinated between the two.

Got a source on any of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because Netease made that statement and the chinese twitter (i forget the actual name of it.) basically takes what is said and nearly always adds some nationalistic shit when it has logos of foreign companies. (Since it still had blizzard logo)
    It's Blizzard China on Weibo. I don't know what evidence there is that Netease solely runs that account, but if they do then it's still negligence on Blizzard's part for not reviewing content on their official channels. Combine that with the attempted scrubbing of the video and the severity of the punishments, and I still don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Got a source on any of that?
    Yeah, I work with regional publishers and major global licensors in the communications field. You don't go rogue with public statements, especially when it comes to crisis communications. And this was crisis communications.

our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.
    Insert *so that was a f'ing lie* meme.

It'll never be good enough.
    Last edited by Kereberus; 2019-10-12 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing it's resolved, about time for hype train to move on some other topic

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    J Allen should have just made a post saying "NANKING DIDN'T GO FAR ENOUGH" People would /maybe/ forgive Blizzard then. Maybe.
    People wouldn't be happy unless they announced they were rescinding their relationship with China and posted a picture of themselves pissing on the CCP.

Tough shit LMAO.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I work with regional publishers and major global licensors in the communications field. You don't go rogue with public statements, especially when it comes to crisis communications. And this was crisis communications.
    So a personal anecdote with no source? Cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    But both did not have the pride of our country. The statement about what happened was the same. The last part was not and has yet to be confirmed that it was blizzard approved. Its not like they can do much with a "rogue" employee of Netease anyways. As that employee wouldn't be seen as bad for doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    It's Blizzard China on Weibo. I don't know what evidence there is that Netease solely runs that account, but if they do then it's still negligence on Blizzard's part for not reviewing content on their official channels. Combine that with the attempted scrubbing of the video and the severity of the punishments, and I still don't buy it.

The severity of the punishments is what is in the rules. It was not done specifically for that situation. The rule likely should have been less severe from the start but none one cared about it until it was enforced.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But both did not have the pride of our country. The statement about what happened was the same. The last part was not and has yet to be confirmed that it was blizzard approved. Its not like they can do much with a "rogue" employee of Netease anyways. As that employee wouldn't be seen as bad for doing it.
    Dude why are you still posting here? Last I read your posts you where claiming blizzard did nothing wrong and now blizzard has already slowly started to back track and try to do damage control since it's not going away lmao. Ironically like blizzard typically does making it even worse for themselves.

Blizzard's actions speak louder then your lame defense of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Dude why are you still posting here? Last I read your posts you where claiming blizzard did nothing wrong and now blizzard has already slowly started to back track and try to do damage control since it's not going away lmao. Ironically like blizzard typically does making it even worse for themselves.
    No, reducing the punishment and explaining why they followed their tournament rules was the best thing they could've done here.

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet that is meaningless since the message contained a rogue element. So it happens.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    No, reducing the punishment and explaining why they followed their tournament rules was the best thing they could've done here.
    lol, no it's not looking that way. It looks like a lame attempt at saving face and saying "we're totally not taking a side guys" but most people aren't stupid and are calling them on it. They made it far, far worse with an insufficient action to keep it in the news cycle past the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    It's on the weibo account that it is run by Netease. Netease pretty much runs Blizzard in China (Honestly I doubt this will be the case when the contract expires because of this). Weibo also is known for editing posts to add "China Number 1!" style messages.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet that is meaningless since the message contained a rogue element. So it happens.
    If it was a rogue element it would of been altered.

It wasn't, it's still there.

lol, no it's not looking that way. It looks like a lame attempt at saving face and saying "we're totally not taking a side guys" but most people aren't stupid and are calling them on it. They made it far, far worse with an insufficient action to keep it in the news cycle past the weekend.
    What would be sufficient in your eyes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Dude why are you still posting here? Last I read your posts you where claiming blizzard did nothing wrong and now blizzard has already slowly started to back track and try to do damage control since it's not going away lmao. Ironically like blizzard typically does making it even worse for themselves. Blizzard's actions speak louder then your lame defense of them.
    Same reason why you post here? Because I can. You are also one who claimed r/Blizzard was being censored due to pressure from China despite being to caught up in rage to see the hundreds of meme's making fun of China. Damage control is not an admission of guilt. If you actually read their statement and were able to understand it you would see that they are not admitting they did anything wrong at all.

Yes their actions speak louder then your lame hate. They admitted no wrong doing and are only reconsider it to try to control the outrage.

Them not responding was not the right choice, things were getting worse with them refusing to comment.

This response was so inoffensively neutral (unless people wanted them absolving ties to China) that most whining will now die down besides the diehards.