Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Fighting for freedom and human rights is a good "fuck you" though.
    Felplague is making it seem like it was a bad "fuck you country"

Basically he/she is saying, "money talks".

- - - Updated - - -

It did not "clearly" break the rules though. Unless someone can point me as to "why" it was clearly broken.

The most plausible one is the "ruin Blizzards image"...because...money in china.
    The rules are broad and vague enough that Blizz could choose anything. Still Blitzchung accepted that he knew what he was going to do could be against the contract. Blizz did not have to penalize him for it at all, it was up to their discretion, and that's the point, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Have you a copy of the contract they signed? Can you show us?

"Over the weekend, blitzchung used his segment to make a statement about the situation in Hong Kong—in violation of rules he acknowledged and understood, and this is why we took action." Blizzard CLEARLY SAID that he broke the rules. Fact. Simple fact. You cant argue against that.

Stop this nonsense of "I CANT FIND THE RULE SAYING THAT HE CAN SAY WHATEVER HE WANTS IN AN BLIZZARD ESPORT EVENT THEREFORE BLIZZARD PUNISHED HIM BECAUSE OF CHINA!!!111!!!"

Seriously grow up. He broke the rule/contract and was punished. FACT. THATS A FACT.
    Yes, i do have a copy of the contract. Its on the official News of Hearthstone web site.

Copy paste of the rule:
    "Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms. "

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Have you a copy of the contract they signed? Can you show us?

"Over the weekend, blitzchung used his segment to make a statement about the situation in Hong Kong—in violation of rules he acknowledged and understood, and this is why we took action." Blizzard CLEARLY SAID that he broke the rules. Fact. Simple fact. You cant argue against that.

Stop this nonsense of "I CANT FIND THE RULE SAYING THAT HE CAN SAY WHATEVER HE WANTS IN AN BLIZZARD ESPORT EVENT THEREFORE BLIZZARD PUNISHED HIM BECAUSE OF CHINA!!!111!!!"

Seriously grow up. He broke the rule/contract and was punished. FACT. THATS A FACT.
    the rule was found
    Participants may not offend the dignity or integrity of a country, private person or
    group of people through contemptuous or discriminatory words or actions on
    account of race, skin color, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language,
    religion, political opinion, financial status, birth or any other status, sexual
    orientation, or any other reason.

is one of the ones, there is 2 versions, both are like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, i do have a copy of the contract. Its on the official News of Hearthstone web site.

Copy paste of the rule:
    "Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms. "
    Participants may not offend the dignity or integrity of a country, private person or
    account of race, skin color, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language,
    religion, political opinion, financial status, birth or any other status, sexual

try again buckoooooooooo
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...5623454873.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    The rules are broad and vague enough that Blizz could choose anything. Still Blitzchung accepted that he knew what he was going to do could be against the contract. Blizz did not have to penalize him for it at all, it was up to their discretion, and that's the point, imo.
    IMO its more unacceptable saying "he broke the rule" than "receiving zero money"

Because IF the rule was broken, it says the person gets zero money. And that part is clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

try again buckoooooooooo
    Then why wasnt this posted by Blizzard? If its that obvious why didnt they post this?

So stupid. This was only disclosed now

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    You do know that its not Blizzard runing the Weibo account right ?
    If it fits his narrative it doesn't matter.

IMO its more unacceptable saying "he broke the rule" than "receiving zero money"

Because IF the rule was broken, it says the person gets zero money. And that part is clear.
    There are people up in arms over anyone criticizing Blizz's actions when the reality is Blizz had the choice of how to react. They chose to overreact with an extreme punishment and then double down on their own stupidity by taking a week to finally say something and then not making it right. They have come off looking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Yawn. You're quite intentionally baiting at this point, and have refused to seriously engage with anything we've stated about this issue in favor of cherry-picking quotes out of context.
    I haven't put anything out of context. I've thoroughly explained my position and how Blizzard was put in a lose-lose situation by Blitzchung.

Onto the ignore list you go, so long and thanks for playing <3
    So you ignore those who don't bend to your self-righteousness. Got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why wasnt this posted by Blizzard? If its that obvious why didnt they post this?

He himself said that he broke the rules and knew a punishment would come:

"First of all, I'm grateful for Blizzard reconsidering their position about my ban. Earlier this week, I told media that I knew I might have penalty or consequence for my act, because I understand that my act could take the conversation away from the purpose of the event. In the future, I will be more careful on that and express my opinions or show my support to Hong Kong on my personal platforms."

You must feel horrible right now..

ok so after reading the forum and this RP talk blizzard release.

I not happy at all with the situation, one Bliztchung knew what he was doing same as the 2 dude from the stream. Both break the rules, and worst part the 2 dude hire where doing a terrible job so not getting fire is stupid they should get their ass kick. Bliztchung should be punish and i agree he earn his prize so is nice to see he is getting the money. And the suspension is better that 1 year.

Blizzard got put on the middle of a political dispute all thank to this kid, and those AU player try to bite blizzard into a trap if you dont see that ppl are blind. Right now Blizzard need to hire a new RP department so they can handle with this situation better.

And ppl need to stop rising thier asses as they are social warrior or heroes on the internet when 90% of this ppl are hating on blizzard for the sake of hating it and have 0 clue of the issue on HK
    Hell the all Free HK movement is bigger that what blizzchung show, since is a multi side view of what HK should be. And there is more that 2 points of view.

If we want to become Heroes of Humans rights, we should star on N Koreo or Islam were shit like this been happening for over 100 years. Is just sad to see how the internet can be influence by YouTuber and one kid that pull a Martyr move. Is like ppl this days are blind. Hell is disgusting to see how many youtuber are using all this just to get more views, when they give 0 cents about HK problems.

15+ Year Old Account

No it wasn't. These are the rules they've had clearly established for at least two years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    And the irony....'damaging blizzard's image'....Blizz really did way more damage to themselves.
    It's what happens when a certain someone puts Blizzard in a lose-lose situation.

While I am supportive of people working for sovereign rights I am tired of not being able to get a break from the activism anymore. I feel bombarded by causes and tragedies all day. We recently had an unseasonably warm day and my daughter couldn't enjoy it because she has been taught it's proof the planet is dying. When I manage to get a few minutes to take a break from all of the problems and enjoy some entertainment it's because I NEED a break. Otherwise, it all just runs together into background white noise.

Bill Burr on activism in sports: https://youtu.be/7n3WgiMftaU

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    No it wasn't. These are the rules they've had clearly established for at least two years now.
    Welp, Blizzard didnt say he broke that rule.
    They said he broke another one.

Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    While I am supportive of people working for sovereign rights I am tired of not being able to get a break from the activism anymore. I feel bombarded by causes and tragedies all day. We recently had an unseasonably warm day and my daughter couldn't enjoy it because she has been taught it's proof the planet is dying. When I manage to get a few minutes to take a break from all of the problems and enjoy some entertainment it's because I NEED a break. Otherwise, it all just runs together into background white noise.
    I kinda get what you're trying to say but what you're saying also sounds like "My need for a break is more important than everything else".

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Believe what? Guy wanted to give his political message across on a gaming tournament stream, did it and got punished. What's wrong with that?
    Because he would've totally been punished if his message was pro-China, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's what happens when a certain someone puts Blizzard in a lose-lose situation.
    Blizzard wasn't in a 'lose-lose' situation at all. They could have pulled the camera away and actually not punish anyone at all. I totally disagree with the people who think somehow Blizz had no choice.

I think the response from the American University team (who also protested the situation in Honk Kong live on a Blizzard stream) really says it all:

TESPA kept us in the tournament and gave us another match.

This shows Blizzard's hypocrisy in how it treats different regions. They are hesitant to suppress free speech when it happens in America, on an English language stream, but will throw casters' and players' livelihoods under the bus if they are from Hong Kong or Taiwan. It should also dispel the idea that Blitzchung was punished for bringing politics into Hearthstone, because our message was clearly political and we weren't touched. Blitzchung was punished because China was watching.

To clarify one point, our protest was in no way comparable to Blitzchung's. He, and all Hong Kongers, are putting so much more on the line than we did. Unlike him, we also suggested boycotting Blizzard, while his message was purely in support of human rights. Yet he is the one Blizzard targeted.
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...tm_name=iossmf

Really this whole situation is just Blizzard shouting from the rooftops about something that's become increasingly apparent over the years: they're willing to stoop about as low as it goes when it comes to putting profits above common decency, company values, and professional pride. The illusion of them being a company that deserves any amount of consumer goodwill is completely gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the rule was found

is one of the ones, there is 2 versions, both are like this.

- - - Updated - - -

try again buckoooooooooo
    You are posting Collegiate rules, they are different from the Grandmasters rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You are posting Collegiate rules, they are different from the Grandmasters rule.
    I would love to see if they are the same.

Because if they are the same, the situation is even stranger.
    Why not show us the CLEAR rule break
    And instead show us the rule where he is strip of all the money if broken?

Really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    You should all read Blitzchung's response. Guy seems smarter than most of the boycott sheeps.
    How about a link to all this? Strangely I can't seem to find this response.