Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    I actually genuinely miss having 2 weapons equipped alongside my bow on my hunter... these are sad times ;(

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I tried a unholy DK i freaking hated it...
    y the hunter thing i think it wuld work better on survival then the way survival plays now + wuld be more immersive as survival

its clearly beast master that works better as meele only becus its one of the less creative evolved spec

the way marksman is right now is not immersive to the spec aswell

its obvisuly a way for use to have ranged base spec that use unholy/plauge like necromancer but you know people think dk or warlock is a argument even tho that argument is outdated with the changes and paladin were usually priest wich meen necromancer works becus it focus more on the ranged spell art then meele dk that focus meele with some few necromancer/lich king ability

I've been marksmen for 14 years and it's latest incarnation is a total disappointment for me, Yes I've tried other classes but I don't mould with them well as I do with my hunter but the class fantasy just isnt there for me right now.
    y i have same problem i can play bm fine but i cant make sense of how shouting at a pet should make me feel like a beast master 2 pet dont change much big dont change much bestial wrath dont really show any beast mastery it clearly needs to fight alongside pet with pet combo

marksman was at is best in pandaria and wod i do think lone wolf with a the concept of having a bird pet that dont work simlair to normal pet but is there to be the eye to marksman wuld be intresting the way you use the falcon in drustvar to have it be your new hunter mark+ maby ability commands for it

survival potential is lacking it makes sense to use both meele and ranged in this spec but more nature/oil/fire and trap based attack the bomb and harpoon dont work for me in it and weirdly this spec gets a combination between pets when BM should have it...

but those are just my ideas i was already concern for hunter future around legion

edit: bfa kinda confirmed my concern
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-14 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You can try to be obtuse all day long if you want tinker boy, but that is just how it is. A ranger being somewhat proficient in melee combat is a staple of the genre, there is no reason to assume that it wouldn't be the case for the edgelord version.
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    guys, i finally got why sylvanas used melee weapons in the duel
    to setup a melee spec

So a Sublety Rogue. Awesome!
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-10-14 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So a Sublety Rogue. Awesome!
    And then you get offended when people point out that what you want is an engineer... Y'know, you shouldn't throw stones, Teriz.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    For my money, the simplest solution would be to have a Tank spec use a mech type vehicle and a DPS spec not use one. Maybe include a mech as a DPS cooldown Talent option or something.
    That is how i envision it too. Tank spec with a mech suit whose cooldown makes it go into overdrive or gain extra plating. DPS and healer get their own different mechs as cooldowns.

Though there is always the option of going with what Gazlowe has in Heroes wich is a sort of machine mounted on their back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    guys, i finally got why sylvanas used melee weapons in the duel
    to setup a melee spec
    Took you a while to figure that one out. xD

Been saying it since the cinematic came out. It's for me the greatest argument in favor of Dark rangers. Cause until then it was just an MM hunter with dark effects. There wasn't enough for a class. Now there is enough for 2 specs.

I really think Tinker is the more original class and what the game needs, but i wouldn't be surprised if they went with Dark ranger at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And then you get offended when people point out that what you want is an engineer... Y'know, you shouldn't throw stones, Teriz.
    Sublety allows you to play as a dual wielding assassin with shadow powers. You even play as a shadowy elf. Essentially, it allows you to do what Sylvanas did to Saurfang in that cinematic.

Engineering doesn't allow you to come anywhere close to what you see Mekkatorque or Gazlowe do.

I actually genuinely miss having 2 weapons equipped alongside my bow on my hunter... these are sad times ;(
    Yeah, it's one of these RPG aspects that have been lost over time due to homogenisation. I also think they went the wrong way with hunters in general, way too much emphasis on the pet and survival only uses 2h weapons for some reason, even though they had the chance to bring back some ranger-esque gameplay. Even if you play MM and choose not to use the pet, you just simply hamstring yourself in most solo play situations since you don't have the abilities to compensate for a pocket tank.

Sublety allows you to play as a dual wielding assassin with shadow powers. You even play as a shadowy elf. Essentially, it allows you to do what Sylvanas did to Saurfang in that cinematic.

Engineering doesn't allow you to come anywhere close to what you see Mekkatorque or Gazlowe do.
    And of course the point flies right over your head. There was no doubt of that. The only question here is if you intentionally ducked or not.

The point is, Teriz: if all they wanted to play was a "Subtlety rogue"... they'd be playing a subtlety rogue. But that is not what they're asking for.

I doubt they go with Dark Ranger.

We are either looking at Tinker, Necros or something else entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    I doubt they go with Dark Ranger.

We are either looking at Tinker, Necros or something else entirely.
    For real dark ranger is more a skin for MM hunter than a full blown spec. I would love a ranged dps class but I would put money on it being a leather wearing melee class with no ranged specs because of blizzards track record of removing more ranged specs than adding them in the entire lifespan of wow. But who knows it could titanforge into a ranged dps class before they make the anouncement we should find out at blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    And of course the point flies right over your head. There was no doubt of that. The only question here is if you intentionally ducked or not.

The point is, Teriz: if all they wanted to play was a "Subtlety rogue"... they'd be playing a subtlety rogue. But that is not what they're asking for.
    That’s exactly what they’re asking for. They simply don’t realize it.

An agile elf assassin using twin blades and weakening/killing their target with shadow attacks describes subtlety to a T.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-10-15 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Tinkers really are the worst choice for a new hero. I'm extremely worried.
    I fixed it for you.

That’s exactly what they’re asking for. They simply don’t realize it.
    Teriz, please don't pretend that you know more about what other people are thinking than they do. It only makes you look like an arrogant tool.

Otherwise I can that all you want is to play as an engineer, because "that's exactly what you're asking for, you simply don't realize it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Remember, Tinkerer is the epitome of bad class choice for the next expansion. Shadowlands is appearing most likely right now.

Wrath - Theme was Undead. Death Knights are new class.
    Mists - Theme was Panda. Monks were of that theme ("elevation").
    Legion - Demons were king. Demon Hunters were matching that theme.

Assuming the next expansion is shadowlands (or related to dark/shadow), how would someone possibly connect Tinkerer to that theme? Unless we have some mechanically-themed expansion, I highly doubt we should get Tinkerer. And that's completely putting aside the facts that all ideas of Tinkerer have been astronomically flawed and have no basis for them. If we're throwing random ideas out there, I'd much prefer Bard as I think it would be hella fun to play, but again, that doesn't match any kind of theme we're approaching.

There is the chance Blizzard goes off-theme, but that would definitely be unexpected.
    Assuming strikes again!

Teriz, please don't pretend that you know more about what other people are thinking than they do. It only makes you look like an arrogant tool.

Otherwise I can that all you want is to play as an engineer, because "that's exactly what you're asking for, you simply don't realize it."
    Dont worry, Tinkers wont happen anyway.
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

I can see Tinkerers be included for Goblins, Gnomes and Mechagnomes only. Another hint is the fact Mechagnomes have 1 less class choice than Vulpera when Ally is already back Horde and widely unpopular as a faction.

1 range dps spec, 1 healbot spec, 1 mecha tanking spec.
    Any kind of Elf class: warden, dark ranger or dragonsworn seem off the table imo. The game has already way too much elves and elf focus.

We're going in circles here. I already said warlocks don't use blood magic.

snipped
    I believe health funnel would be considered blood magic but, to tie the end, it’s their only spell that could be considered as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    when Ally is already back Horde and widely unpopular as a faction.
    That is only somewhat true for high end raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So you don't care cuz you are alliance, yet you do care cuz reasons?
    What on earth are you talking about.
    Do you actually have anything constructive to say or are you just trying to troll my posts.

One way I would like to see the Necro would be just like in D2 and D3, with a one handed scythe and a shield as a DPS spec, that would be really cool.

But ranged? Ehhh... I dont know.

I would be up for it if we get fancy long beards for humans.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?