Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Whenever I see a gnome warrior I kill it. Very easy to kill. I feel like people who picked gnomes are trolls in real life so I want to gank em even more. It's nice to discuss with a victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite sure the Gyrofreeze trinket reflects the spells. It was in TBC that they changed the item and made you immune to spells. But in Vanilla it did reflect spells (not sure about nova though)
    It does not reflect AOE abilities, it is meant to grant immunity, but even that seems sketchy, as the fire reflector does not grant immunity to Sappers in Classic, I assume this is a bug that is caused by a conflict with what is defined as a spell though. Reflector only reflects Targeted Abilities, not Area of Effect abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Bro you sound a little pissy tbh lmao. Dont think I ever mentioned damage. Was just saying a good hunter makes runs go more smoothly. Great for taking care of mobs that aggro onto the healer, or killing runners. Shit like that

- - - Updated - - -

On the bigger 4+ pulls, stand just over 8 yards away, multishot, auto shot, then run in and fd explosive trap, then back to 8 yards for auto shot. You'll lose 1 auto shot but it's worth the dmg. Just make sure your macro is right.
    Again, not to shit on your class, but you are just worse at all of those things than other classes, Mages with fireblast and extremely potent slows previously applied, as well as warlocks with dots and Shadow burn deal with runners significantly better than hunter, Mages potent slow makes healer aggro a joke, and theres no way a healer gets aggro in a group with a Warlock in the first place. the list goes on.

When it comes to dungeons Bringing the player over the class still remains true though, while ppl like to take the piss out of "Classic Difficulty" I've yet to meet a single Pug that could actually play properly. but if you're holding back on damage as a hunter when you have Feign Death, then you are not one of the players that would be taken regardless of their class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Yep. For feral it is 3% not 5%. But anyways, just FYI you will not find any logs with kitties because there is a known bug in Classic with power shifting that basically makes the druid loose 9% crit (from 2 talents) and 90ap (from pred strike) every second shift. Making it unplayable.
    I am well aware of the bug, and yes it's 3% think i've forgotten that like 7 times already.

But that bug is not why they can't compete, those stats do not equal 1000 DPS which is roughly how far behind the Tier 1 classes they are on the zerg fights.

That being said, I am personally a huge fan of a lot of the "sub-optimal" speccs, and I think the overall difficulty of Classic more than allows for these speccs to be played. rather have a feral pulling 400 DPS over a rogue pulling 1000 dps who keeps ninja pulling Core Hounds cuz they can't get through their thick skulls that they see through stealth. the overall time loss in wasted mana for the healers makes the druid the better pick.

Not everyone seems to realize this though. there are no finely tuned encounters, and you absolutely do not need min/maxing what so ever if you do not intend to do speed runs.

When it comes to viability and strength though, Feral Tanks are fucking nuts and under appreciated, their threat is actually nuclear. as a Warlock who seems to passively generate 500% more threat than any other class, Feral tanks are a personal favourite, Have a pretty fucking insane DW Fury Tank, recently got some beefy weapon upgrades so hopefully next raid i dont have to sit there and shit my pants every time i get a crit, but damn i would've loved to have a Feral Tank from week 1.

Loving dwarf hunter, especially getting out of those rogue poisons and bleeds and blinds.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    eat a charge, nova, poly, AP, pyroblast PoM pyroblast, fire blast, tidal charm, fireball - dead warrior 9/10 times with virtually 0 chance for him to counterplay it. Won 20g like that from my guildie when he wanted to duel lvl 58 mage as his 60 warrior lol
    I think I've only seen 1 fire mage so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Better situational awareness will go along ways. But hey maybe your just to much of a scrub to not get caught in a fear bomb. Also while not specifically stated my comment was more in terms of a duel where you don't have NPCs all over. Either way have a great weekend cup cake and keep up the fail.
    Situational awarness yeah stop with your bs. You enter a cave to do a quest then out of sudden a priest enters the cave. One side are more mobs, the other side is a priest with an instant fear. This scenario applies to so many places you are really just talking shit to be unpleasant or you're just very ignorant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Anyone that made a Nelf (and possibly human) priest should be feeling a shit ton of regret.
    Rolled a Night Elf Priest in vanilla, got Field Marshall and was top in HKs on my server all the way till late Wotlk when I rerolled gnome.

Nelves are massively underrated, you should not regret it in any way, shape or form. When BG's come you have tools like shadowmeld for guarding bases, I lost count of the number of players I threw off the cliff in AB. Later shadowmeld got buffed so you could use it like a vanish to leave combat. Starshards (until they nerfed it then removed it) is a channelled spell, very useful for nuking runners from rooves in WSG, you can also shield up and channel it on melee, it is also Arcane, use it when shadowlocked.

Mage. I usually play Rogue, and playing Rogue from Vanilla through until current Live I didn't want to play with the terrible & slow stealth mechanics we have today.

Instead I'm now spending approx 90% of my time drinking. Fucking awful.

I have a lvl 28 human rogue and I feel like it is a bit a subpar class in PVE. Also, I sometimes feel like I would prefer to play an Horde warrior, just to tank instead of dpsing.
    But rerolling on same faction&server is so handy as you have access to other character resources.

It's not a regret, but I do find it frustrating how little healers are needed in classic.
    It remains true that tanks are in massive demand, but it seems half the world rolled healer and now despite being a mostly fully pre-raid-bis'd healer dungeon groups are hard to get into.
    Getting into raids has been smooth but dungeons are such a pain.

Leveling as a Warrior is god awful. I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Leveling as a Warrior is god awful. I hate it.
    you think its bad now, doesn't get any better. Add the fact warriors have no viable farm areas like every other class. You need at least a bank roll class to keep up with warrior IMO. Or a guild to help fund respecs.

tank warrior?

i love it

engineer and enchanter.. god that money flying out the window... i love bombs i have sick AE agro but the price is high...

regret?

that i made a human and not a gnome .

I have a level 60 alt for gold farming ( rogue )

i think i want an alt to play dungeons with some friends and since they have a tank i have to play rogue or leveling something else.. i like warrior so much i am wondering if i am going to level and fury warrior as alt lol

but maybe ill just play the rogue and level an gnome warrior on retail and play that with the next addon / patch

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of regretted rolling a mage, but I'm level 30ish now and it's a lot easier. So overall I'd say no regrets.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    The only thing I regret is I wasted my time for and old game like this. Blizzard had right. You think you but you don't.
    No. YOU don’t. But a lot of people do including me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Can't imagine there being a lot regretting their choice for an old game with plenty of time to plan well in advance knowing what they want to go as with regards to race...
    So much this. Many players knew well in advance this was coming out and had lots of time to research the best class/race/specs to play or decide what they wanted to play when classic got released. People had time to decide.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    you think its bad now, doesn't get any better. Add the fact warriors have no viable farm areas like every other class. You need at least a bank roll class to keep up with warrior IMO. Or a guild to help fund respecs.
    They're probably the best class to duo farm with though. Dual farm BRD arena with a priest for the epic chest, it's decent money on top.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Did not realize that going in. Super frustrated. I made a Hunter and, wow, the game is so much easier and more fun.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Situational awarness yeah stop with your bs. You enter a cave to do a quest then out of sudden a priest enters the cave. One side are more mobs, the other side is a priest with an instant fear. This scenario applies to so many places you are really just talking shit to be unpleasant or you're just very ignorant
    Then pull the mobs before you get feared, drag them back to the priest and let him fear you. Aggro chat will change and they will peel to the priest when out of fear. Now he has you and a bunch of mobs on him and fear on CD. You must not be very good at this game, but keep being you cup cake your doing it so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled human paladin. It was unpleasant to level, but pretty fun at endgame. I like being able to tank 5 man's (better than warriors or druids in a lot of ways), PvE heal, and PvP heal all as one spec. But I think I would be having a better time as a mage. I had one in TBC and enjoyed it a lot. I'm very slowly leveling an alt.