Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Did.......did you just reply to yourself and call yourself a troll??
    Did... did you manage to so completely miss the meaning of a self-quote in answer to somebody sprouting BS ?
    Man, you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you ?

Originally Posted by Akka
    "Considering there was 250 K people in the queues alone just in Europe by the first week, I'd say your calculations are terribly shit."

Reply: Akka : "Though I expect you're just a troll and not making any actual argument."

Its all right there.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Hahaha.. Best joke ever.

It have never been above 250K, probably much less.
    Troll, ignored

"Considering there was 250 K people in the queues alone just in Europe by the first week, I'd say your calculations are terribly shit."

Reply: Akka : "Though I expect you're just a troll and not making any actual argument."

Its all right there.
    Hahahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    32-36k items on zandalar tribe EU (ally), its usally high or full.
    And its items, one pep can post more than one on ah...
    Last edited by Rageadon; 2019-10-17 at 08:23 AM.

Its all right there.
    =>
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka
    Did... did you manage to so completely miss the meaning of a self-quote in answer to somebody sprouting BS ?
    Man, you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you ?
    See, above is a self-quote answering someone not being very smart. Do you get it now or do I need to hold your hand more ?

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    i swear in this forum theres always a moron who posts the opposite just for the sake of it.
    nobody with 2braincelld puts rare items which cost 6g for 24h in the ah
    Are you trying to say that an ah does not have 1000s times more items than trade chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    =>

See, above is a self-quote where i accuse myself of being a troll.
    ok, not a big deal. just thought it was funny.

Census showed max server capacity around 10k per faction.
    So if server was full and had queues it was already 20k + queue.
    Now my server is down to around 4k per faction at peak.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Thanks for the people who did answer so far. I should prolly just have had no info/text in the OP so it wouldent have derailed.

Just really wanted to know what its like on other realms cause I cba playing on a dead realm, and it seems 25k listed items is a OK ammount, so I can be happy enough.

And yes I know AH listed dosent tell everything, BUT we have no other in-game ways to tell this I guess...So I always did this, cause I know when I left my vanilla realm Korgall EU PvP, back in cata the AH was sooo dead, and that is crap with only 5-10k items listed.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thanks for the people who did answer so far. I should prolly just have had no info/text in the OP so it wouldent have derailed.

Just really wanted to know what its like on other realms cause I cba playing on a dead realm, and it seems 25k listed items is a OK ammount, so I can be happy enough.
    There is no "dead realm".
    As per Blizzard themselves, a "medium" realm is already far more populated today than a "full" was at the time.
    I don't know from where this obsession about "dead realm" comes from, but it's ruining the game much more because it pushes to have horribly overpopulated realms than anything else.
    And yes I know AH listed dosent tell everything, BUT we have no other in-game ways to tell this I guess...
    You mean the color-coded and explicitely labeled "population" column doesn't give you any sort of info on how populated a realm is ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This is what I got from my data too.

You probably go to heaven when you die too. Just because you say something doesn't mean it happens. Wickedtounges' data sounds right. I believe it's close to 50k now.
    My data shows 5 million and not 1 number below, it's fun to pull random numbers out your ass, eh?

Hilarious thread, 20 posts until some even bothered to answer the straight forward question without discussion something that wasn't even suggested in the OP.

Whenever they open the free or paid migration just abandon dead / ghost realms and go where everyone is. Many people spent years not transferring during BC/Wotlk thinking times will improve the situation or blizz will take action neither of which happened. The sooner you transfer to a real server, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    My calculations show that total Classic population now sits at under 100K. Started around 250K. Be down to 25K-50K by Christmas.
    LOL, completely wrong.
    Total classic population is closer to 1m.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And why is nobody answering my thread? This was not classic vs retail ever.
    Its your own fault you asked A stupid question.

Retail have shared AH which means 50k in classic would be like 100k in retail.

And on top of that its ALOT easier to post thousand of items on retail.

25k on dreadmist is maybe equal to 150k in retail.

Classic servers are Way bigger than retail. No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    Its your own fault you asked A stupid question.

Retail have shared AH which means 50k in classic would be like 100k in retail.

And on top of that its ALOT easier to post thousand of items on retail.

25k on dreadmist is maybe equal to 150k in retail.

Classic servers are Way bigger than retail. No doubt
    What are you talking about? Alliance and Horde doesnt have shared AH on Retail, at least get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    What are you talking about? Alliance and Horde doesnt have shared AH on Retail, at least get your facts straight.
    You sure about that?

Its right there, right there in your reply. Just one line below. You outlined it quite well, at least for someone from the public school system.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the same "source" that uses a youtubers video as their source?
    I don't give a ton of weight to the source. 200% increase just seems high.
    But it is still insane to think that Classic WoW "peaked" at 250k. Its downright wrong and... honestly probably just a 100% troll.

There was so much initial hype they had to go from 8 servers to 40 in NA/OC. The majority of these servers are still layered.
    There are another ~50 servers in the EU.
    Assuming another ~50 in Asia (though I don't have a source for this number)

Some servers were having queues in the 10000+ range and somehow people think the average amount of players (not active or concurrent players, just players period) on each server during the peak of Classic was in the ~1700 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    =>

Though I expect you're just a troll and not making any actual argument.

You realize that 50 people is the cap DISPLAYED and not the cap of players able to be in a zone ?
    And that it only displays people from the same faction than the one checking ?

Also there were, as I said, about 250k people in the EU queues during the first week. Probably the same in the US, which makes 500K together.
    With about 60+ realms nearly all at full capacity. So yeah, re-check your numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people with the use of census, tried to check at which point the queues appeared (and so the max capacity of a realm).
    They reached 15000, but I don't remember if it was before or after Blizzard increased the server size in the second week (I think it was after, though, but nothing definitive).

- - - Updated - - -

Remember that the 1-2,5 M you give is a number of concurrent players (queues + realms at full capacity means it's how many people are playing at the same instant T) while "weekly" is about active players, which is MASSIVELY higher (count about triple).
    We're still in the range of 400-750 CONCURRENT players right now, so if speak of active players you can pump these numbers up a good deal.
    Broski I was throwing out arbitrary numbers just for a point not saying I /whod every zone. Again it depends on how large the servers are but I very extremely rarely see any server with a queue nowadays maybe 1-2 tops for NA