Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, Fire Death Knight... derp.
    derp

derp derp

derp derp derp

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    People say that as an argument for why they can't introduce new classes ever since the Death Knight was introduced. They still introduced more classes. The balancing is fine, nothing will ever be 100% balanced and it doesn't have to.
    This. It's happening. Gonna love playing my Zandalari Hellfire Death Knight

What if all classes have one spec tree and you basically gotta spend points again like the old school talent trees but now you have free roam to choose talents for tanking/healing/dps and combine whatever you want

I read that the new weapons that were datamined are named after Frost, Unholy, Blood and Fire.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295682/...n-blade-swords

Now it's clear that the Allied Race and Pandaren Death Knight skins together with the new map of ICC strongly point toward Allied Races and Pandaren being able to be Death Knights, a new story development around the current Lich King and a new starter area to depict that story.

Those weapons are most likely the weapons that new Death Knight characters will get in the starting area, similar to the weapons we got at the end of the original starter area, after we fought the Lich King.

Now the weapons are clearly themed after the 3 specs, plus fire. This strongly hints at Fire being a 4th spec in the next expansion, possibly due to Bolvar's connection to fire.

I'm calling it now, we are getting 4th specs in the next expansion. Hopefully Druid will get a 5th one.
    i believe its just an extra weapon theme cuz bolvar is fire lk, that it.... but we'll see

I read that the new weapons that were datamined are named after Frost, Unholy, Blood and Fire.

Now it's clear that the Allied Race and Pandaren Death Knight skins together with the new map of ICC strongly point toward Allied Races and Pandaren being able to be Death Knights, a new story development around the current Lich King and a new starter area to depict that story.

Those weapons are most likely the weapons that new Death Knight characters will get in the starting area, similar to the weapons we got at the end of the original starter area, after we fought the Lich King.

Now the weapons are clearly themed after the 3 specs, plus fire. This strongly hints at Fire being a 4th spec in the next expansion, possibly due to Bolvar's connection to fire.

I'm calling it now, we are getting 4th specs in the next expansion. Hopefully Druid will get a 5th one.
    strange ... it really lookes like dk's are getting 4th spec, there is little to no reason for the 4th option to exist otherwise especially considering naming of those weapon spec name/spec name/spec name/duh unrelated, move along citizen , i mean, cool if they tought about something cool to add to the game, i wonder if more classes are going to get another spec ? maybe they are going with adding specs to existing classes instead of adding classes every expansion, as many "leaks" predicted ?

I wpuld love it.
    Do we need it? No. But did we need new classes ever? Also no.

Ranged Fire DK with plate. I would play that.
    Maybe it is just a skin for Ice. Showing the differences between Arthas and Bolvar or something.

Idk. I love the idea of more Specs or Class Skins. Don't need a completly new class though.

How about making specs for the fun of it?
    That's fine, but when it's similar to yet another spec with just one little unique change to the formula I'm gonna roll my eyes heavily. The game doesn't need more of the same, that's unhealthy for it. Gameplay is more important than just replicating the same thing again and again - especially something as base-level as a classes way of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Suddy View Post
    What if all classes have one spec tree and you basically gotta spend points again like the old school talent trees but now you have free roam to choose talents for tanking/healing/dps and combine whatever you want
    that would be cool, but it would also require rework of whole system, since current talents just wouldn't work cross-spec (for exapmle they interact only with spec specific spells)

People say that as an argument for why they can't introduce new classes ever since the Death Knight was introduced. They still introduced more classes. The balancing is fine, nothing will ever be 100% balanced and it doesn't have to.
    The balancing is worse every time they add a new class.

Why would a class based on blood magic, raising the dead and freezing every thing to death suddenly start using fire abilities, because bolvar was burned and set aflame at the wrathgate? He's a unique case seeing as the red dragons flames give life. I doubt we smoke a fire flower and poof fire powers. If a 4th spec happens it will probably center around necromancy and be a lich themed spec.

there is a difference between adding a class with 3 (or 2) specs and adding 12 new specs to the game. quite a large one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Holy shit. I really hope not.
    What would that spec even be?

I'd rather see them go down to 2 specs (3 for druids).
    this is about as likely as getting 4 specs (and by that i mean none).

with pruning being as universally hated as it is, do you think they would prune entire specs?

People need to understand that "more customization or more specs" are an illusion for anyone who is playing the game for more than simply LFR and WQs.

There will be optimal and viable options. If a 4th spec gets added, it will only be relevant as long as it is tuned to be competitive and irrelevant whenever it's not.

If Blizz decides to expand on themes and classes through 4th specs, it will simply recreate the Shadowpriest problem: People locked in specs for prefered theme or gameplay.

To sum up, it will feel redundant to invite someone to play a class for the juicy 4th spec only to be forced to play the rest of the class that was uninteresting to said player before the 4th spec addition.

Guess this new leak builds up to the disappointing announcement of "we decided to add specs instead of a new class". Not to mention that they will most likely be gated like the Allied Races currently are.

I hope all classes are getting new specs that should shake things up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Why would a class based on blood magic, raising the dead and freezing every thing to death suddenly start using fire abilities, because bolvar was burned and set aflame at the wrathgate? He's a unique case seeing as the red dragons flames give life. I doubt we smoke a fire flower and poof fire powers. If a 4th spec happens it will probably center around necromancy and be a lich themed spec.
    I didn't understand the fire theme either almost outlandish considering what DKs are.

I dont get what is the point of this thread, you dont want to have a discussion you just want for people to blindly agree with you.
    You say "is confirmes" "is totally happening", but all you have for proof is a flavor ítem.

1. creating a new spec isn't as much work as creating a whole new class, ideas for new specs have been floating around since Vanilla
    2. they likely have been working on this for years, this isn't something that is happening overnight
    Ideas are about 5% of what's necessary to make a new spec. Specs in modern WoW are pretty much their own class, the overlap between specs is in most cases very small.

The biggest problem with 12 new specs (aside from the pure logistics of making what is several classes in one expansion) is overlap, a lot of shit would either feel redundant or identical to another class. Out of a design perspective, that's horrible.

Definitly not confirmed.

It is a bad idea regardless and i really doubt it will happen cause it would be 4 times the work of making one new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    They seem to be same ilvl as the death knight starter gear.
    share the name ebon blade which I think is the blade you get as starter weapon too.. .Most likely this is a overhaul and update of the DK starting area to include allied races, since we datamined dk skins for allied races and pandaren, and reflect bolvars seat.

It could be a possibility. I would not say that it strongly hints it though. It is just a sword.

Personally I would rather have a reduction of the specs. In my opinion frost and unholy should be combined to one spec. I value quality over quantity and I know that Blizzard cannot properly manage 4 specs per class.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-17 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire knight ? Dragon Knight like in DOTA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, Fire Death Knight... derp.
    Pyroblast strike !
    I wonder what the 4th spec for rogue would be ?

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The balancing is worse every time they add a new class.
    This is completely false. The new class added usually tends to be a bit OP in the expansion it is released but that is very much intentional, the devs said. It's so people gravitate to them and try them out.
    PvE balance though, is better than it ever was. All specs only separated by 10% or so. You just have to look to vanilla and TBC to know it was much worse back then.

If you mean PvP, well... people wanted templates gone. So, now embrace the unbalance you wished for. Got no sympathy there as people wished for it. I am completely done with PvP in WoW because of it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-17 at 12:34 PM.