Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I still haven't ruled out the possibility of another time-travel expansion. There was a spoof a few years ago about "Highlords of Lordaeron" being a new expansion (Alliance-themed WoD, essentially) and... it seems silly, but it would coincide pretty well with the release of Warcraft III Reforged.
    I used to think of it as a "continent" made of zones from different eras.

But now with all this world revamp talk, I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to have the Infinite Dragonflight assault different zones in each patch, trying to mess with the most important events of each.

That way they would have an excuse to revamp the present version of that zone, while also showing a past version of it. Which would make for a lot of variety, as you could have a patch with pre-Sundering Azshara and another in Second War Blackrock Mountain.

It could be messy if the writing isn't good (and that's almost guaranteed nowadays...), but we would get a massive amount of lore from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ti was not that bad, the execution was, time travel is good when tis done right, the concept of going back to draenor before exploded was awesome, but they did awful.
    The basic concept wasn't too bad. It's more or less the only feasibly kind of time travel. But once they got smug and started talking about AU Draenor being "the only stable" AU, and the Burning Legion being somehow one entity shared across all universes, it got really, really bad. They also rushed the Iron Horde and Grom's "redemption arc".
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2019-10-17 at 09:44 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Everyone: It's gotta be something to do with Shadowlands or the Lich King! Or Dragon Isles! A world revamp is almost guaranteed.

BlizzCon 2019: *Blizzard Entertainment presents... World of Warcraft: We Are Going To Space*
    Artemis 3 lands on the moon in 2024!

Edit: snipped out as its off topic
    Last edited by codeGnave; 2019-10-17 at 02:34 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by codeGnave View Post
    Im going to guess that the character choice system will be fully realized in the new xpac, with players choosing between new sides based on cosmic alignment. Yea death and shadows will be there, but opposed by the light and something else. Arcane maybe? So you get to make choices, all sides can be 'morally grey' because the light can do evil now.

Now both sides can raid together, but questing is still split into two or more mutually exclusive sides lol

The big thing is 'player choice' is emphasized amd you can pick from new, cross faction sides. Now if I'm right i can feel something good about an announcement for a game im not playing lol
    This belongs in the 9.0 speculation thread, unfortunately. This thread is for discussing old leaks that have either turned out as true, or as false specifically.

I'm surprised it's so quiet this year. Not many leaks this time. Let's hope this means they got better in Security.

Ah yes, I remember when the Dark Below leak was a thing...

It was a glorious time indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Ah yes, I remember when the Dark Below leak was a thing...

It was a glorious time indeed.
    Before Legion there was a german site that sold one of the leaks. Council of glades I believe?

At this point they could have us invade ponyland. As long as no tinkers, and no artifact power grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I'm surprised it's so quiet this year. Not many leaks this time. Let's hope this means they got better in Security.
    Better security wouldn't stop fake leaks, don't you think?

5+ Year Old Account
    Not recently but there were some random threads earlier this year talking about dragon isles + wrathion / bolvar, and since theyre being pushed forward im waging to see a lot of them next expac

Before Legion was announced? I was actually looking forward to the "South Seas" expansion.

With WoD coming to an abrupt end, speculation and supposed "leaks" of a South Seas expansion are debatable, which honestly sounds amazing imo but could their be a level of truth to this gossip? So this next expansion has an abundance of story to work with in this southern Azeroth such as Neptulon, Enzoth, Azshara, Legion, Kul'tiras and Zul/Zandalar so it is possible that while we are spending the majority of our time on Draenor, it has left Azeroth considerably vulnerable and the naga decide to seize the opportunity. Blizzard would also finally be able to utilize "The Dark Below" trademark for the expansion title making it all the more convincing.

A huge concern after seeing Warlords of Draenor, for all future expansions is content... What could be included in this new expansion has really got me thinking; some of these rumors have given us some chancy insight on the content included and these are just some of my ideas that could support a stronger expansion than WoD.

.Two New Classes would make up for Warlords of Drought:
    . Shadow hunter and Warden.
    Seeing as though Vol'jin would be getting some character progression and story as new war chief of the Horde and Azshara being the big end boss, that leaves Troll and Night Elf lore being a main focal point of the expansion; not that we won't be seeing Kul'tiran's, Goblins and other races. This is great because not only does it give Blizzard the opportunity to use these race themed classes but reintroduce Faction specific classes as well.
    Give the Alliance Warden: a Guardian of nature that also uses the powers of Elune to give them a variety of magic edge on the battlefield. Taught to the other races of the Alliance by the Night Elves.
    Give the Horde Shadow hunter: an opportunist that waits in the shadows to deliver a fatal blow to it's opponents, taught from troll culture, they utilizes the powers of Loa demigods to empower their lethal abilities.
    Pandaren would not receive any of these classes due to Worgen and Goblin not receiving the Monk class but something can be done for certain races in new class regards.

.New Race/Class combinations: Similar to what they did in Cataclysm, some races are missing a few classes that suit their lore IMO. These are purely my beliefs, so feel free to disagree; a few of these .being:
    Pandaren and Blood elf - Druids/Botanists( The Botanica )
    .Gnomes - Hunter and Paladins(They have the least amount of classes in game so why not?)
    .Draenei - Rogues (Rangari)
    .Tauren - Mages? Idk, probably not a good idea.

.New customization? It's just a dream but it would be nice to get some new features to go along with these new models like eye color, tatoos/markings, piercings for males and overall more option for the existing features as well.

.Level cap raised to 110

. Same old, same old: New monsters, Zones, Quests, Dungeons & Raids,

. "Arghhh- matey!" Boats, that sail the seas between the mainly island zones of the South seas: Kul'tiras, Zandalar, Kezan etc. Recruit your crew of scallywags, with some refined and popular features of the garrison. This sounds much more promising than the Garrisons IMO.

Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300624712

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Before Legion was announced? I was actually looking forward to the "South Seas" expansion.

With WoD coming to an abrupt end, speculation and supposed "leaks" of a South Seas expansion are debatable, which honestly sounds amazing imo but could their be a level of truth to this gossip? So this next expansion has an abundance of story to work with in this southern Azeroth such as Neptulon, Enzoth, Azshara, Legion, Kul'tiras and Zul/Zandalar so it is possible that while we are spending the majority of our time on Draenor, it has left Azeroth considerably vulnerable and the naga decide to seize the opportunity. Blizzard would also finally be able to utilize "The Dark Below" trademark for the expansion title making it all the more convincing.

A huge concern after seeing Warlords of Draenor, for all future expansions is content... What could be included in this new expansion has really got me thinking; some of these rumors have given us some chancy insight on the content included and these are just some of my ideas that could support a stronger expansion than WoD.

.Two New Classes would make up for Warlords of Drought:
    . Shadow hunter and Warden.
    Seeing as though Vol'jin would be getting some character progression and story as new war chief of the Horde and Azshara being the big end boss, that leaves Troll and Night Elf lore being a main focal point of the expansion; not that we won't be seeing Kul'tiran's, Goblins and other races. This is great because not only does it give Blizzard the opportunity to use these race themed classes but reintroduce Faction specific classes as well.
    Give the Alliance Warden: a Guardian of nature that also uses the powers of Elune to give them a variety of magic edge on the battlefield. Taught to the other races of the Alliance by the Night Elves.
    Give the Horde Shadow hunter: an opportunist that waits in the shadows to deliver a fatal blow to it's opponents, taught from troll culture, they utilizes the powers of Loa demigods to empower their lethal abilities.
    Pandaren would not receive any of these classes due to Worgen and Goblin not receiving the Monk class but something can be done for certain races in new class regards.

.New Race/Class combinations: Similar to what they did in Cataclysm, some races are missing a few classes that suit their lore IMO. These are purely my beliefs, so feel free to disagree; a few of these .being:
    Pandaren and Blood elf - Druids/Botanists( The Botanica )
    .Gnomes - Hunter and Paladins(They have the least amount of classes in game so why not?)
    .Draenei - Rogues (Rangari)
    .Tauren - Mages? Idk, probably not a good idea.

.New customization? It's just a dream but it would be nice to get some new features to go along with these new models like eye color, tatoos/markings, piercings for males and overall more option for the existing features as well.

.Level cap raised to 110

. Same old, same old: New monsters, Zones, Quests, Dungeons & Raids,

. "Arghhh- matey!" Boats, that sail the seas between the mainly island zones of the South seas: Kul'tiras, Zandalar, Kezan etc. Recruit your crew of scallywags, with some refined and popular features of the garrison. This sounds much more promising than the Garrisons IMO.

Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300624712
    Isn't that the one Nobbel pushed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Isn't that the one Nobbel pushed?
    I believe so, yeah. I can only verify so much, some links are blocked from work PC.

I don't know why so many get bent out of shape over "fake" leaks. I think they're fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly an expansion leak but I loved seeing the first like full details of Cataclysm. It had already been announced at that point but we didn't get a good look at all the zones and cities yet. I remember them getting dumped on the first page, removed and reposted later. Cataclysm was the first time I really started using this site and also following the larger WoW community as a whole. I had been playing since the tail end of vanilla but I didn't bother to really dig too deep into fan sites and things like that.

So it was just a special time for me as a whole lol. I remember seeing those first screenshots of Stormwind and how they redid the keep, banks and auction houses and been blown away.

Also honorable mention to the WoD leaks because that shit sounded crazy. Alliance starting in Shadowmoon Valley? Horde starting further north? What? haha

Gonna drop this here for future referrence

https://imgur.com/a/0isO9sG

My favourite leak so far. Mainly because it speaks of a world revamp and because the supposed "developer" is so proud of the work (which would mean I can get my hopes high for it if it were real). I like the direction and new features as well. Sadly some things from it were already proved wrong :/ Like the Worgen and Goblin heritage armor. Also this was a part of it at some point:

OT: I love how people dismiss everything saying "BLIZZARD WOULD NEVER" and then it happens xD I was there in the leak/speculation threads for MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA. We're probably gonna get leaks about 4th specs and Fire DKs soon (because of the datamined Blade items) and whether the leaks are real or fake, I will happily cross my fingers for Blizzard to actually make it happen so I can play a Zandalari Fire DK. I literally cried when I saw the Legion expac announcement - the Demon Hunter class part. Probably the most dismissed thing I have yet to seen from the expansion leaks over the years. And they fucking did it and it was cool ^^ "Yeaaah fuck those haters and faithless zug zuggers" that's what I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Ion(Somewhere) does like the idea of going to another world so that may still be in our future. Not necessarily 9.0 but again..anything is possible since Blizzard is very quiet.

Edit: Also I remember denying the BFA leak as ridiculous. So.... I won't be so...stubborn this time.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-10-17 at 03:35 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I know Ion(Somewhere) does like the idea of going to another world so that may still be in our future. Not necessarily 9.0 but again..anything is possible since Blizzard is very quiet.

Edit: Also I remember denying the BFA leak as ridiculous. So.... I won't be so...stubborn this time.
    I was gonna bring this up, yeah, the BfA leak that ended up being real sounded ridiculous. Almost entirely on the back of void elves, which people thought was such a stupid and random race to add there's no way it was real.

...and then they announced it and for better or for worse added that stupid and random race.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Gonna drop this here for future referrence

https://imgur.com/a/0isO9sG

My favourite leak so far. Mainly because it speaks of a world revamp and because the supposed "developer" is so proud of the work (which would mean I can get my hopes high for it if it were real). I like the direction and new features as well. Sadly some things from it were already proved wrong :/ Like the Worgen and Goblin heritage armor.
    I like the positivity too, but it sounds too much like a wishlist, to be honest. It would also be not that surprising of a reveal. World revamp isn't really a theme, and not something they could really hype up at Blizzcon, as it would just be "another Cataclysm".

He states Sylvanas is a boss/part of a boss in Ny'alotha, sacrificing herself in order to allow us to defeat N'zoth, which is probably not happening, she doesn't really seem to care about N'zoth that much.

He also mentions the "ogre continent", which was retconned out of existence. Goria was just a large city that used to be where Shattrath is now.