Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No.
    The problem is, is that unholy isnt just a random spec that stole necromancers stuff, its honestly the quintessential death knight spec. It embodies perfectly what the warcraft 3 deathknight was, or rather the quintessential scourge champion.
    Some things could be taken off them like anti-magic shell but im not convinced that it would be enough to make necromancer a full class.
    Blood and frost were pretty much made up to give DKs 2 more specs, frost i guess was based on the lich and their frost magic.

As for necromancer, i DO want it to exist, but honestly warlocks pretty much do perfectly what i would expect a necromancer to do, we dont need more dark magic cloth specs, and they would need some serious asspull to justify giving it 3 specs, particularly if one of those wasnt a dps spec.

How could it be added? it could honestly be a skin for warlocks and id be satisfied, but beyond that, it could be added in as a single spec that could be really badass if it were concentrated to its best parts. I hope one day that blizz just scraps classes altogether and lets players pick 3-4 specs from the roster so long as they shared a school of magic, then we could get all the 1 spec wonders we could want like dark rangers (also not worth a full class)

its not that i dont like the concept, nor that i wouldnt want to play one, but i just dont see it as a worthwhile addition at this stage. if the game changes in a way that allows 1 spec classes to get added, id expect necromancer to get added first thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post
    The proof stands with demon hunters. For them to exist they changed demonology warlock to compensate. Removing meta form to give it to Demon Hunter and with the removal of the specs central focus it became an imp summoning spec. Something it was not before...
    And that would be the best example why we probably won't get Necromancers. If you think Necromancer you think summoning skeletons and other dead minions. While thematically it would be different to the new Demonology warlock; gameplay wise it would be very similar. So Blizz has two options: Either overhaul Demonology again (could happen, MOP design got also an overhaul after only 2 expansions), but I think thats unlikely, as they would have never designed Demo that way it ist now, if they wanted to make Necros in the future. Option two would be a mixture of frost mage, demo warlock and unholy dk. While it would be nothing completely new, it would be a completly unique class (kinda like druid, which mechanically is a prot warrior, rogue and affliction warlock with less DOTs. only heal spec is rather unique). And that would be okay.

why does death knight players have to pay only for you to get necromancer?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    why does death knight players have to pay only for you to get necromancer?
    Because DKs aren't spellcasters.

Because DKs aren't ranged

Because the main theme for UH are diseases and a single pet CD, and not pet micromanagement.

Because, unlike DKs, Necros could have a healing spec.

In other words, you just don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It doesn't really hurt DKs to have a necromancer class. A single pet or even army of the dead is nothing compared to having a permanent army which will consist of both melee and caster types that can have their own set of interesting buffs and abilities. I could totally see necromancer added as a two specialization class just like demon hunters with minimal if any damage done to other classes/specs. They use death magic, which currently isn't used by Warlocks at all. I think it would be more like a Diablo 2 skeletal army necromancer rather than a warlock or dk from WoW.

The best argument I see against it is having only two dps specs could be limiting in the flavor and scope of the class. Demon Hunters get past this by one of them being for tanking. It would be a funny stretch but perhaps tanking with a constant flowing army of units might be a thing I guess.
    Last edited by nuclear12346; 2019-10-18 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    There are 12 classes... there were 9 at launch... DK was added in Wrath, Monk was added in MOP, DH was added in Legion... Which specific expansion added 2 or more classes?
    I never said it was WoW. I said a Blizzard game. Check Diablo II. They added the Assassin and Druid in the expansion pack. I also said breaking formula as they seem to have done with all the Allied Races. Anything is on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Blizzard has already shafted old Survival Hunter fans, I don't see why couldn't it happen again.

As for the bolded part, it can only be true for someone with an extremely limited imagination. Paladins aren't Priests just because they wield Light powers too, Destro locks aren't Fire mages just because they happen to use fire spells, and (non surv) Hunters aren't Warlocks just because they are ranged DDs with a pet.

Get over it, kkthxbye.
    Ahh yes, the differences between Lock and Fire Mage are so few ... (insert eyeroll here)

Necro wouldn't work, they would need to take too many things from Locks and DKs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean I've taken a look at Unholy and the crossover isn't that huge. Prune a few of the summon cooldowns off Unholy, keep their core Ghoul Mutation mechanic in place, boom.
    *Clapping*

Taking things from one class is unacceptable

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, why the fuck should they?

Necromancers can work fine on their own without interfering with either warlocks or dks.
    This was proven in my necromancer thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Talking about Unholy only, and again the identity is fleeting at best..from unholy as I said before.

-A CD with zero interaction with your main CD,
    -2 interactive abilities with the Ghoul/Undead you can actually control (which you barely control), with one passive
    -Obviously something called Unholy is going to have shadow magic /facepalm
    -They hardly do anything with souls...one ability NO! NO! NECROMANCER CAN NEVER EXIST OH LORD! THE HUMANITY
    -Hell their Mastery has zero fucks to do with the Ghouls, or the Undead, or any kind of interaction there....

Frost is its own thing...and simply just exist because Northrend and Ice..and I guess the coldness of death but still feels weird..always has to me

A Necromancer is so much more then what the Death Knight is, Death Knights are the Harbringers of Death and Decay, Juggernauts of suffering...a Necromancer is Death itself, they wield it like a warrior wields a Blade...and that all a Death Knight is, a Shadowy Warrior. Not a Necromancer.
    Sounds like headcanon. A necromancer is one that practices necromancy, plain and simple. Necromancy is summoning or linking to the dead, and DKs and Warlocks already do this. As a mechanic it can exist across many "classes" or practices.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Ahh yes, the differences between Lock and Fire Mage are so few ... (insert eyeroll here)

Necro wouldn't work, they would need to take too much from warlock or dk
    If Devs managed to differentiate fire mages from Destro locks well enough, I'm sure they will be able to do the same with Necro vs lock/DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    There are 12 classes... there were 9 at launch... DK was added in Wrath, Monk was added in MOP, DH was added in Legion... Which specific expansion added 2 or more classes?
    They probably meant to say that Blizzard has put a lot of work on one expansion before. MoP introduced a new race and class. WotLK and Legion have done something similar but with skins. Artifact weapons and their class reworks in Legion were a tremendous amount of work too, not counting campaigns.

Because the main theme for UH are diseases and a single pet CD, and not pet micromanagement.

Because, unlike DKs, Necros could have a healing spec.

In other words, you just don't like it.
    what?? how did you jump from me not wanting death knights players to get their class butchered to not liking something?? how do you know what i like or not like?? those are really weird associations you are making here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    what?? how did you jump from me not wanting death knights players to get their class butchered to not liking something?? how do you know what i like or not like?? those are really weird associations you are making here.
    There is no need to "butcher" DKs at all, because as you can see, their theme is all about diseases, with very limited pet management. In fact it revolves exclusively around the ghoul, aside from "fire and forget" CDs. Necro would be exactly the opposite.

There is no need to "butcher" DKs at all, because as you can see, their theme is all about diseases, with very limited pet management. In fact it revolves exclusively around the ghoul, aside from "fire and forget" CDs. Necro would be exactly the opposite.
    I just dont see it sorry and that is not counting the fact that they being playable doesnt make sense lorewise.

How about "NO"?

I like Unholy DK and couldn't care less about necromancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldarious View Post
    I never said it was WoW. I said a Blizzard game. Check Diablo II. They added the Assassin and Druid in the expansion pack. I also said breaking formula as they seem to have done with all the Allied Races. Anything is on the table.
    Keep thinking that... and when you get your heart crushed because the Blizzcon announcements didn't live up to your lofty expectations dont say you weren't warned.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Well ... if we wanted to get specific and delve into fluff instead of crunch.
    A warlock is a magical practitioner of forbidden lore and while the self same classification is a title for practitioners of demonic and fel magic it also covers necromancy, and blood magic.

By this same logic Paladins are in fact warrior priests, especially when considerations are made for the fact that the original paladins were priests with knightly training.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Please elaborate.
    to lazy to find every lore from legion and bfa abut how sylvanas pretty much keep seeking power

only way for dark ranger to work is if it is based on nathnaos
    then alliance get void ranger becus of alleria windrunner

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    How about "NO"?

I like Unholy DK and couldn't care less about necromancer.
    its more then necromancer and dk can still have unholy but you know people with less creativty think it wont work yes we got warlock, shaman and mage spellcaster that use fire but for some wierd reason we cant have 2 unholy based spec?
    paladin got 3 spec based on light priest got 2 spec based on light 1 on shadow/void

DK players hoped in BfA for the Survival-Hunter treatment and get a range spec, but DEV time for the DK class is allways kept small.

Right now in BfA unholy has to deal with more pet-micro as the warlock and hunter class. Do you even know how unholy wound/pet interaction works?

BfA is so much pruned it is really not that hard to at least read into basic class mechanics even when you are very new to a class/spec.

I like the DK class, liked most class iterations and would have liked like many other DK players a replacement for LEGION's Unholy-wound-themed spec to a more ranged spec with a pet/disease/whatever themed version. In the past, where autoattack was not that impactful as it is today and when range attacks were the highest hitters for unholy, the spec was allready more of a range spec with melee abilitys.

It would be great to see a new range spec in the game and it would be a relief for the slowest melee class to have at least options to deal with mobility issues with a range spec. But the chances to see anything to this class are low. Class-balance tuning issues and mechanical problems without solutions for multiple tiers from the last 3 years are really hard to missunderstand. There is no class representative in the DEV team and neither class issues nor future class changes are even on the to-do lists.
    -