Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    i feel like this idea should be taken as seriously as raiding area 51 was.....
    The other thing you can do is create the NAU and legalize/regulate all drugs.

Which is more likely to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They can, but it will be hard for them to tell who is bombing them.
    They don't care. They will just bomb the civilian population as retaliation.

The other thing you can do is create the NAU and legalize/regulate all drugs.

Which is more likely to happen?
    Id say neither at this point. Which is why i stand by my first statement. None with power to do something will.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    They don't care. They will just bomb the civilian population as retaliation.
    Then maybe we need to be more nefarious, poison them when they don't suspect it.

Then maybe we need to be more nefarious, poison them when they don't suspect it.
    That's the cartel we're talking about.

Step 1: Be a cop or politician in Mexico
    Step 2: Have the cartel threaten you, your family and the public safety
    Step 3: Have the cartel prove their threats by showing you photos of your daughter on her way to school
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Don't fight the cartel anymore

They always suspect to be attacked. They are always on high alert. They fuck shit up when it's not going the way they want it.
    If you push them to even deeper underground, they will start bombing schools, hospitals, central stations

Come on, we've all seen it already, and the cartels have only gotten worse and more brutal over the years. And that's saying something after El Chapo

If you want to hurt them, hit them where their money is coming from: drugs, weapons and human trafficking.

Legalizing drugs will hurt them more than some explosives.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can, but it will be hard for them to tell who is bombing them.
    So they'll just start randomly bombing everything just like they randomly shot everything today, I guess?

Step 3: Have the cartel prove their threats by showing you photos of your daughter on her way to school

They always suspect to be attacked. They are always on high alert. They fuck shit up when it's not going the way they want it.
    If you push them to even deeper underground, they will start bombing schools, hospitals, central stations

Come on, we've all seen it already, and the cartels have only gotten worse and more brutal over the years. And that's saying something after El Chapo

If you want to hurt them, hit them where their money is coming from: drugs, weapons and human trafficking.

Legalizing drugs will hurt them more than some explosives.
    Well the corruption goes too far that drugs will never be legalized.

10+ Year Old Account

Here's a better option

Step 5: You are eligible to seek refuge in USA now

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Here's a better option

Step 5: You are eligible to seek refuge in USA now
    Neither a cop nor a politician can fight the cartel from the USA while seeking refugee. I bet he would even lose all support he has at home for being a coward.

Understanding the mentality of the Mexican folk and the drug cartels is the first step in understanding that you cannot win anymore. They won a long time ago and are so big by now, they're almost the equivalent of a too big to fail company. Just that this company randomly, and non randomly murders people.

You can only weaken them, really. Because even if they would lose the USA as their main customer, they would still have business in Africa, Europe and Asia.

But cutting their money from the USA would deal a massive blow to them, after which they would start to cannibalize themselves. New cartels will form, but they will be less of a problem.

Or I could be just totally wrong and nothing would change either way. God fucking knows, this are cartels we're talking about. As if anyone of us really knows anything about them.

I wonder why army was not involved.
    Cartels, in the end, are not a professional army (though there are enough ex-soldiers in them), which has killed a lot of their leaders and splintered major cartels. True, the splintering has led to other problems...
    But... cartels often have local support. Paradoxal, but... it is one of the reasons they are not driven into underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    But... cartels often have local support. Paradoxal, but... it is one of the reasons they are not driven into underground.
    Not always paradoxal. Look at Medellín and Pablo Escobar. He's done a lot of good for the locals through really awful methods.

Cartels often employ locals, support the infrastructure, and allow locals to commit crimes without repercussions. They also keep the neighborhood safe... just think about it, who would rob someone from the slums/favelas in Mexico, inside there? You'd be suicidal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Understanding the mentality of the Mexican folk and the drug cartels is the first step in understanding that you cannot win anymore. They won a long time ago and are so big by now, they're almost the equivalent of a too big to fail company. Just that this company randomly, and non randomly murders people.

You can only weaken them, really. Because even if they would lose the USA as their main customer, they would still have business in Africa, Europe and Asia.

But cutting their money from the USA would deal a massive blow to them, after which they would start to cannibalize themselves. New cartels will form, but they will be less of a problem.
    I wonder how deeply they have infiltrated the US and it's police and government then. The wall is probably years behind schedule and is long outdated for they are already there

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I wonder how deeply they have infiltrated the US and it's police and government then. The wall is probably years behind schedule and is long outdated for they are already there
    Actually, now that I think about what I said, I have to backpaddle a bit.

The cartels we know today are worse than the Medellín-Cartel and they're a result of the fall down of the Medellín-Cartel. So if history has taught us something, than that new cartels are worse than those they replaced.

As to how much they've infiltrated the US... we can only speculate. I mean, after all they still manage to get tons, thousands of tons of drugs, weapons and young women into the US. At the very least they have some people in customs.

I actually think that the DEA is relatively "uninfiltrated", if that's even a real word...

Not always paradoxal. Look at Medellín and Pablo Escobar. He's done a lot of good for the locals through really awful methods.

Cartels often employ locals, support the infrastructure, and allow locals to commit crimes without repercussions. They also keep the neighborhood safe... just think about it, who would rob someone from the slums/favelas in Mexico, inside there? You'd be suicidal.
    I mean, paradoxal in the sense that on one hand they are slaughtering locals, on the other they ensure that locals have work and some kind of working economy, even if only to keep them loyal.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder where did the cartel buy all the powerful fire power? Hmmmm.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    To defeat the Cartel's you'd have to engage in some serious violence. The kind of stuff the Maoists did to get rid of Opium or almost North Korea levels of totalitarian cruelty.

Also the War on Drugs should end here in conjunction with a sadistic crack down as it would at least weaken them financially and getting their infrastructure back up would take time and if they are under intense assault they will perish.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2019-10-18 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Its astounding the amount of power the cartels hold.
    Multimillion, billion dollar organizations with paramilitary training/structure directly and indirectly supporting by the 'War on Drugs'?

Of course they have a ton of power. These aren't street gangs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I mean, paradoxal in the sense that on one hand they are slaughtering locals, on the other they ensure that locals have work and some kind of working economy, even if only to keep them loyal.
    Kind of like a lot of 'official' governments.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Neither a cop nor a politician can fight the cartel from the USA while seeking refugee. I bet he would even lose all support he has at home for being a coward.

Or I could be just totally wrong and nothing would change either way. God fucking knows, this are cartels we're talking about. As if anyone of us really knows anything about them.
    How does basically making cartels legal hurt cartels?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How does basically making cartels legal hurt cartels?

Whatever you produce, you need to have a licence for. If you're doing illegal shit you cannot get one. Ergo you're driven out of business. I mean you could even still have a ban on producing drugs and monopolize it as the state. The state now only has to produce at acceptable prices so that cartels cannot undercut them.

And at the end of the day, if the cartel turns into a legal business without all the murder and terror stuff anymore, we kinda won, didn't we?

10+ Year Old Account

Whatever you produce, you need to have a licence for. If you're doing illegal shit you cannot get one. Ergo you're driven out of business. I mean you could even still have a ban on producing drugs and monopolize it as the state. The state now only has to produce at acceptable prices so that cartels cannot undercut them.

And at the end of the day, if the cartel turns into a legal business without all the murder and terror stuff anymore, we kinda won, didn't we?
    They will still have their clout, so they 'win'.