Thread: Littering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't pick up after my dog. But then my dog is trained to only shit on areas covered with soil, and not on the sidewalk.
    Also dog shit doesn't pollute the environment, only the sight of old ladies who can't mind their own fucking business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Littering seems offensive, but hate to tell you, the rubbish you give to trashmen to pick up and dump, just end up being piled into even bigger landfills, or dumped in the ocean.

Think about that next time you think your making the world a better place by putting trash in a bin.

Also recycling is even worse, since the moral superiority it gives people for doing it, just hides the fact a lot of it ends up in same place as regular trash.

Out of sight, out of mind.
    Funny how people don't know that once most plastic gets recycled, it sits in the storage house for weeks until it gets incinerated anyway, because recycling doesn't guarantee there is any company that actually needs the material.

So whoopeee, you recycled, you feel good about yourself, you saved the environment! No, you didn't. You just don't know that you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You can barely find anywhere to throw your trash in Japan though. It took me forever to find somewhere to throw away what was left when I got a drink.
    Just keep your eyes open for a 7eleven or Lawson.
    Or better... just drink outside the store

Most vending machines in the more crowded parts of cities have trashcans for cups and cans.

I agree tho that it's super weird how few trashcans there are compared to how little trash is on the streets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    I don't pick up after my dog. But then my dog is trained to only shit on areas covered with soil, and not on the sidewalk.
    Also dog shit doesn't pollute the environment, only the sight of old ladies who can't mind their own fucking business
    I would love to fling that shit in the back of your head if I saw your dog shit in an open common area where people run/walk etc.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-17 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Be Civil

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped littering at a very early age. It's been so long since I littered that I don't even remember the last time I did or if I did. I came to realize how bad littering was when I was very young and I started to just hold on to garbage until I found a bin to put it in. I look at littering like throwing garbage on the floor of your own home. It annoys the shit out of me when I see garbage just laying around outside.

Some people just have no respect for this planet we live on. A planet that gives them the air to breathe and the resources to survive and they just trash it. Then they complain about their living conditions and how their neighborhood looks like shit and it's just like well, you contributed to that so you have no right to complain. Pick up after yourself, have some pride in your home and your neighborhood and have a little respect and consideration for your surroundings and you won't be living in such shit conditions.

It's even worse though when it's out in the woods like that. There was no garbage laying around before so keep it that way when you leave. I swear some people just don't think and have no respect or consideration for anything or anyone around them and they just do what they want like assholes without a care in the world. Drives me nuts.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-10-18 at 07:02 PM.

Littering is a minor infraction, which shouldn't warrant much response. But for me it does. It's so easy, SO EASY, not to litter, but some people do it anyway, because they can't be arsed to muster even such a little amount of decency. Fuck those people.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Well, there always someone that drives up to a parking spot at the lake woods, and parks, but keeps the engine idling (illegal here), windows rolled up, and eats lunch. And I wonder why here when they could drive up just a touch further and go into the local store parking lot instead?

The idea of littering being our fault is just propaganda pushed by corporation to shift the blame from them for making disposable crap in the first place.

Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    The idea of littering being our fault is just propaganda pushed by corporation to shift the blame from them for making disposable crap in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqNm_TgOZk
    Perhaps, but people who don't put the effort in to dispose of their waste are still assholes. That goes for businesses as well as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You can barely find anywhere to throw your trash in Japan though. It took me forever to find somewhere to throw away what was left when I got a drink.
    Apparently a lot of bins were removed after a terrorist gas attack, there are a lot of places that have bins though. Most convenience stores and hotel lobbies will have bins that you can use, and wherever you are staying should have a bin as well. I'm sure that if you ask a police officer who isn't busy (a lot will stand around to give help and advice while not actively doing anything) or ask a member of staff at a station they will be able to direct you to somewhere.
    I didn't have any trouble finding anywhere to get rid of rubbish when I was there last, although I did carry a bag with me just to put rubbish in, just in case I had a bit of a wait until I came to a bin.