View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Boris is saying he refuses to negotiate a delay, it seems.
    I'm guessing a "request" is not a "negotiation". And, technically, he doesn't negotiate such a delay anyway. What May did was request the delay, give her reasoning as to why the UK required that extension and then she was shown the door so the Council could deliberate without the UK.

So, he's not wrong, but of course he's thrown up quite the smokescreen as many opposing MPs couldn't resist harping on about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    #BREAKING France says new Brexit delay 'in nobody's interest': presidency

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1185566581549686786
    @Jessicka You reading this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Macron was against he last extension and the one before, no one knows whats going to happen but I don't see it likely that the EU will throw the UK out with no-deal when its tried to prevent that so much.

I expect the EU to wait with an answer, see what happens if the laws to implement Boris's deal come up for a vote next week.
    If they succeed then Boris's deal can happen and they can hold off the extension unless the UK needs more time to implement everything.
    If they fail I suspect the opposition will call upon the EU to extend to give time for a general election and the EU to grant that.

I don't expect the EU to tell the UK to fuck off and be the party held responsible for causing a no-deal Brexit.
    That's not gonna happen in any case now. The EU has proven time and agian to be forthcoming. This is on the UK. And really, nobody outside the UK gives a shit what politicians or the media inside the UK thinks about the EU.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Macron even opposing it is not going to make France the nation to block the extension, Macron wants to go above and beyond what Merkel was for Europe.

And with that in mind Mr. Europe is trying to get a more federal and united Europe with Europe having their own foreign politics disconnected from the rest of the world.

So he'll take a hard stance because his vision of Europe means Europe can no longer sit by and watch, but he won't make his no extension opinion something he'll cause a political crisis over.

The EU has however taken all measures not sure how far a long everything is, but there is a crisis fund for member states hit the hardest by a no deal brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Actually I've seen a lot of discussions a few weeks ago about that - in particularly if/when it happens that if BoJo can be arrested/imprisoned for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically he's right... technically he doesn't have to negotiate shit.

He just says "Pweeease" and the EU says "OK, here you go.". No negotiation necessary! ;P

- - - Updated - - -

On a side-note, I really REALLY hope EU allows another extension - but this time with the condition that a Second Referendum should happen before then.

I feel it's TOTALLY within their right at this point to make such a request. After England had three years to get their shit together post-brexit vote, and clearly England has completely underestimated or (*gasp!*) misrepresented to themselves and their people what Brexit would really entail. The EU has been more than patient enough, and I think/believe it's high time for the EU to say "OK, you've had enough chances - you really REALLY need to rethink this shit. Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?"
    Honestly, i do hope not.

If the EU has this one condition, i can see the headline: "the EU lets people vote until it is happy with the results". No thanks. If after three years they wont come tho the conclusion by themselves, why should we as the EU care? Just to be the assholes that "undermine democracy" again?

They made their decision, now they have to live with it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Actually I've seen a lot of discussions a few weeks ago about that - in particularly if/when it happens that if BoJo can be arrested/imprisoned for it.
    Technically speaking it goes further, it could result in impeachment proceedings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Macron really has no chance of "transforming" Europe. For better or worse, he has more enemies than allies within the EU and it is questionable that he will even get reelected at home.
    Perhaps more enemies, but that's because the landscape has changed. Powerbloc's have changed so any change will need a whole lot more different groups than it did before.

No idea about France politics, his response to the yellow vests was alright and it is not like that group has as much as a following as it did before.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean he had his choice of commissioner blocked. The Parliament very clearly wanted to make a point.
    Appointees were a bit all over if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You reading this?
    Merkel's speech at the Bundestag might have mellowed Macron's mood. His bad cop act and willingness to get it over with asap might be offset a little by Merkel's warning that the UK's be will have to be shared proportionally by everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Macron really has no chance of "transforming" Europe. For better or worse, he has more enemies than allies within the EU and it is questionable that he will even get reelected at home.
    I'm not sure he does. At home, sure, within the Council? I don't know. now that the NFF 2011/2017 is up for a vote it's not just about good intentions though, he will have to commit real money to make up for the loss in UK contribution. That won't be an easy sell back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Honestly, i do hope not.

If the EU has this one condition, i can see the headline: "the EU lets people vote until it is happy with the results". No thanks. If after three years they wont come tho the conclusion by themselves, why should we as the EU care? Just to be the assholes that "undermine democracy" again?

They made their decision, now they have to live with it.
    You honestly think I didn't think that? :P

As I pointed out many weeks earlier, it doesn't matter what the EU does... headlines are all going to spin it anti-EU either way. I'd rather have the majority (who have theoretically wizened up in the past 3 years) in England have another go than just let it all collapse because "Well, shucks guyz!". Also, keep in mind that if the majority of England votes to remain the second time - that becomes ENGLAND'S issue, not the EU, as it was englanders who voted to remain again this go-around - not the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Appointees were a bit all over if i remember correctly.
    There is a back and forth every year. The top posts are head of the EC, EP, Council ECB and High representative.
    The top countries vie for those posts. France first bid was rejected but it got th ECB instead,

So unless the UK moves in someway in the following days, the EU is very likely to just grant a technical extension so all this posturing won is a month more.
    It isn't posturing; it's an attempt to stop a lying bastard from tricking Parliament into a position where they aren't able to stop no-deal. If Boris wasn't an untrustworthy gobshite, none of this would be needed.

And bear in mind he's been lying to the EU as well; he doesn't appear to want this deal that he's negotiated, it's just another tool to get the no-deal he appears to want.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    It isn't posturing; it's an attempt to stop a lying bastard from tricking Parliament into a position where they aren't able to stop no-deal. If Boris wasn't an untrustworthy gobshite, none of this would be needed.

And bear in mind he's been lying to the EU as well; he doesn't appear to want this deal that he's negotiated, it's just another tool to get the no-deal he appears to want.
    This seems to be what is going on. There is such a massive lack of trust they are not voting for anything that leaves the door for boris to crash out with no deal available. Really the deal should have been done months ago and the bill to make it work put out so MP's could see what they were voting for. Right now if they voted for the deal but the implementing legislation was a shitshow it would mean a no deal crash out which parliament seems to really not want. It is funny that boris STILL has yet to have a victory in the parliment yet the lamest of ducks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    There is a back and forth every year. The top posts are head of the EC, EP, Council ECB and High representative.
    The top countries vie for those posts. France first bid was rejected but it got th ECB instead,
    That's what i thought, they got another position instead. subscribed to votewatch Europe to get all that sort of info in the mail. But thanks for elaborating on it

Quote Originally Posted by Thapuse View Post
    Says the German twat who has been crying about Brexit for 3 years now....
    Says the twat that doesn't even have the balls to use his proper account. One level of anonymity isn't enough for you, you coward, you need an alter ego to hide your alter ego? Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That's what i thought, they got another position instead. subscribed to votewatch Europe to get all that sort of info in the mail. But thanks for elaborating on it
    Actually the Council presidency is pre-defined and rotating every 6 months and is defined until 2030 (here is the schedule schedule), but the rest is up for negotiations when a new EP and commission is uo,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Says the twat that doesn't even have the balls to use his proper account. One level of anonymity isn't enough for you, you coward, you need an alter ego to hide your alter ego? Pathetic.
    Ignore and move on, not trying to be an ass here but the only reason he's relevant is because people reply to back to it. Only way to deal with a troll is to starve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    welcome to the internet, and mmo-c OT.
    just report them and don't bother replying.

'PM confirmed to Tusk that letter is being sent tonight as per Benn Act seeking a delay - also speaking to Merkel and Macron'

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...36506569977856

He has also sent this letter to Tory MPs and peers

...interesting times ahead

Will the actual letter be released to the public or will it be private?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Will the actual letter be released to the public or will it be private?
    I would imagine that it will be released to the public and even if they tried to keep it private it would be leaked.

Just to add we already know what will be in the letter as the text is set out in the Benn Act

'FORM OF LETTER FROM THE PRIME MINISTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN COUNCIL

“Dear Mr President,

The UK Parliament has passed the European Union (Withdrawal) (No. 2) Act 2019. Its provisions now require Her Majesty’s Government to seek an extension of the period provided under Article 50(3) of the Treaty on European Union, including as applied by Article 106a of the Euratom Treaty, currently due to expire at 11.00pm GMT on 31 October 2019, until 11.00pm GMT on 31 January 2020.

I am writing therefore to inform the European Council that the United Kingdom is seeking a further extension to the period provided under Article 50(3) of the Treaty on European Union, including as applied by Article 106a of the Euratom Treaty. The United Kingdom proposes that this period should end at 11.00pm GMT on 31 January 2020. If the parties are able to ratify before this date, the Government proposes that the period should be terminated early.

Yours sincerely,

Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”'

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...acted/data.htm
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-10-19 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He won't negotiate a delay, can he do that if the house demands that of him? i mean legally of course.