Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    And to the Sylvanas treehuggers I'll spell it out for you:

Illidan wanted Sargeras's power because Illidan felt jaded by the NE's. But, he secretly compartmentalized his true intentions from Sargeras in that he was working to defeat the Legion and Sargeras. It wasn't too altruistic but it was for the greater good.

Sylvanas and her actions are not altruistic. Only for her. Her lapdog Nathanos is only a tool she has. When that tool is no longer useful, she'll discard him. Her plans in comparison to Illidan's are not subterfuge to Billy Badass and be doing this to defeat the Old Gods, the Void Lords, etc. Bitch only wants power over Death and to answer to no one. HOW she plans to do that and remain relevant in the storyline just isn't altruistic for us "mortals". She is undeath. She wants Death's power but still remain among the living world. Her story's climax has come (no pun intended you dirty pervs but I like how you think) and gone. She's at her end game. Saurfang outed her end game plan, sorta.

Her diligent followers (the players) that met her at Windrunner Tower heard vague hints on her plans. Make no mistake, she used Azshara to get to N'zoth. She is not using Old God powers. She's using Death's powers. Death itself cannot manifest into the physical world. Much like Sargeras. So she is Death's Avatar, with Death's powers.

And no that doesn't mean she's in cahoots with Bolvar. Ner'zul and Arthas are still in the Helm along with Bolvar. Arthas absolutely hates Sylvanas, and thus so does Bolvar.

Hope that clears up Sylvanas for you haters. :P
    That just makes me hate Sylvanas even more. Did you say Arthas is coming back? I want Arthas to bitchslap Sylvanas.

And to the Sylvanas treehuggers I'll spell it out for you:

Illidan wanted Sargeras's power because Illidan felt jaded by the NE's. But, he secretly compartmentalized his true intentions from Sargeras in that he was working to defeat the Legion and Sargeras. It wasn't too altruistic but it was for the greater good.

Sylvanas and her actions are not altruistic. Only for her. Her lapdog Nathanos is only a tool she has. When that tool is no longer useful, she'll discard him. Her plans in comparison to Illidan's are not subterfuge to Billy Badass and be doing this to defeat the Old Gods, the Void Lords, etc. Bitch only wants power over Death and to answer to no one. HOW she plans to do that and remain relevant in the storyline just isn't altruistic for us "mortals". She is undeath. She wants Death's power but still remain among the living world. Her story's climax has come (no pun intended you dirty pervs but I like how you think) and gone. She's at her end game. Saurfang outed her end game plan, sorta.

Her diligent followers (the players) that met her at Windrunner Tower heard vague hints on her plans. Make no mistake, she used Azshara to get to N'zoth. She is not using Old God powers. She's using Death's powers. Death itself cannot manifest into the physical world. Much like Sargeras. So she is Death's Avatar, with Death's powers.

And no that doesn't mean she's in cahoots with Bolvar. Ner'zul and Arthas are still in the Helm along with Bolvar. Arthas absolutely hates Sylvanas, and thus so does Bolvar.

Hope that clears up Sylvanas for you haters. :P
    Im not sure if I believe you. Dont understand me wrong, thats totaly in Character for Sylvanas (except that Nathanos part. If you believe Sylvanas would dont give a shit about Nathanos, you literally did not read "Dark Mirror"), but the way you write about her sounds more like a salty dude being salty.
    Also a question I have from yesterday, if Sylvanas wont die but will be "written out" next xpac and being "hunted" by her past/present/future, how would that work? usually you will be "haunted" by such thing if you die and your souls gets tortured with such visions, but that would contradict what you said before (that shes not going to die).

Im wondering when the new DKs will be aviable?
    During 8.3? Or the next expansion

I think Jericho is just selling off his own speculation as prophecy this time around. Ner'zhul and Arthas are gone, what remains of them in the helm and Frostmourne are just echoes/knowledge, their souls are gone. This has been reinforced time and time again in WotLK, the Sylvanas short story, Chronicle, and Legion.

And there's just way too much setup and a missing undead AR for them to not have Calia share her "gift" and create "cured" Forsaken.

I hope so because the next expansion will be awful if it's as he predicts.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    It kinda is a letdown for me that the oh so mighty God of Death is some troll loa. Trolls suck. It's kinda like if I, a Christian had to fear some Mayan God.

Though there is hope that trolls simple named him their loa, but his real origin is cosmic or whatever.
    There isn't really something like "troll loa". When trolls say loa, they basically mean "ancient super powerful immortal sentient being". Beings like Bwomsamdi, Krag'wa, or Hakkar are all called loa, yet they have literally nothing in common.

So yeah, your assumption is absolutely correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Kinda think Death refers to Yogg-Saron, the God of Death. Not sure how it would unfold, but I can't shake that.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Im not sure if I believe you. Dont understand me wrong, thats totaly in Character for Sylvanas (except that Nathanos part. If you believe Sylvanas would dont give a shit about Nathanos, you literally did not read "Dark Mirror"), but the way you write about her sounds more like a salty dude being salty.
    Also a question I have from yesterday, if Sylvanas wont die but will be "written out" next xpac and being "hunted" by her past/present/future, how would that work? usually you will be "haunted" by such thing if you die and your souls gets tortured with such visions, but that would contradict what you said before (that shes not going to die).
    Don't get me wrong. As an Alliance player, I abso-fucking-lutely hate Sylvanas. But in regards to her future in WoW, nah I'm not salty.

Her story arc has crescendo'ed. She's outed and very few still believe/follow her. Her time in the spotlight is ending. If you quote me to discuss then please quote this. I did not say she was dying, I said she's going away. Thanks

Don't get me wrong. As an Alliance player, I abso-fucking-lutely hate Sylvanas. But in regards to her future in WoW, nah I'm not salty.

Her story arc has crescendo'ed. She's outed and very few still believe/follow her. Her time in the spotlight is ending. If you quote me to discuss then please quote this. I did not say she was dying, I said she's going away. Thanks
    But I just said that you did not said she would die, I said exactly what you said before (yesterday) , that she wil lbe written out/ go away.^
    Or do I misunderstand something? With "going away" you dont mean "die" , right? You confused me

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas, Yogg-Saron... I do kind've like the prospect of it being Argus...

That said, the Odyn lore story about him giving up an eye to an entity from the Shadowlands predates Arthas becoming the Lich King and Argus rising on... uh, Argus. So I think they're probably out.

Yogg-Saron maybe, but it'd be weird considering that Odyn had him locked up in Ulduar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Hmmm, so this is breaking a pattern here.
    So far every race has kind of had a "counterpart" race they invited into their side.
    For the horde it's been:
    Trolls = zandalari trolls
    blood elves = nightborn
    tauren = highmountain tauren
    orcs = mag'har orcs

Vulpera using goblin rigs. You get the drift. But Yeah, It's very weird they'd stop short at undead, especially with the issue for undead being that they have no way of reproducing, so they are a "dying" "race".
    they say no light undead, they could still do some revamped undeads like nathanos or derek, or they can just put another thing like vulpera, they are not goblin subrace, they just use the rig

they can also do the "model" swamp again, the worgen rig go to horde by example, so they get saberons and the alliance get the undead rig, or something entirely new too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thapuse View Post
    I know it's a game mechanic, but Illidan also says as much to Demon Hunter players in the intro quests. Would be weird if it only applied to Demon Hunter players ;-)

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Im wondering when the new DKs will be aviable?
    During 8.3? Or the next expansion
    I'd guess 8.3.5 if it serves as a bridge patch

10+ Year Old Account
    After Arthas died, his spirit arrived in the shadowlands. Unknown to the general public, he started gathering power and eventually became so powerful he basically became Death itself. Sylvanas has been serving him all this time, without her knowing Death's true identity... until somewhere in the next expansion. Cue big reveal, Sylvanas realising she's been a fool all along and finally completing her revenge arc when she kills Arthas (with our help of course).

This has all been made up by me, but I think it would be funny if it was true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I think Jericho is just selling off his own speculation as prophecy this time around. Ner'zhul and Arthas are gone, what remains of them in the helm and Frostmourne are just echoes/knowledge, their souls are gone. This has been reinforced time and time again in WotLK, the Sylvanas short story, Chronicle, and Legion.

And there's just way too much setup and a missing undead AR for them to not have Calia share her "gift" and create "cured" Forsaken.
    Yeah the dude lost me with his Sylvanas/Arthas stuff. A lot of it sounds like a hint of clear anti-character bias speculation instead of objective story points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I've been hearing Mueh'zala a lot. We won't know until Blizzcon though, most likely. Two weeks left.

Quote Originally Posted by Loserchampion View Post
    So he's a lying asshole?
    i think he is just trying to repeat him moment of fame he had back in legion, but allegedly his contact for the legion leak was fired so he is just making riddles that are just vague enough. and is hoping one of them sticks

I hope it's a brand new entity we've never seen before... or possibly the Spirit Healer we've since the the first wolf killed us in Vanilla...

Either of those two options would be fine with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who finds the concept of fighting Death itself or making Death into a possible raid boss a ridiculous concept? Its not like fighting against a corrupt titan or corrupting influence like an old god, death is a fundamental aspect of the universe, you can't kill death.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I'm going to say something crazy, but I can see Blizzard pulling out some twist where it's actually Arthas as the new Death God. Just so they can sell boxes as Wrath 2.0 without him just being the Lich King again.

It worked for Legion and Illidan, after all.
    I've been saying the exact same thing for quite some time now.

We're dealing with a marketing-driven mentality Blizzard, not a goodgame-driveen mentality Blizzard.

Couple that with Warcraft III Reforged happening, and both Arthas and the Scourge will play a part of that - so it also works as dual marketing since the Scourge/Arthas are a major part of WC3, and there hasn't been jack about scourge for quite some time in WoW.