Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Yeah, interesting bit about Necromancer is that what people are looking for is found split in two other classes.
    Couldn't that be said about demon hunter? "Oh, you want a demon hunter? But what you want can already be found in the warlock and rogue classes".

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    or maby if necromancer gona work as a skin it needs to be both dk and lock but you know now i gave people idea they think gona work perfect with them on tinker even tho machinist/tinker is so diffrent

you since the mass ghoul thing that culd be solved to be simlair to demonolgy
    The army of the dead was nerfed more and more since the day it was introduced into the game to begin with. I don't think that it is that necessary for the unholy at this point and I would be happy to give it up if we in turn get more to play with in terms of plagues. Otherwise is the Ghoul not that much of a part of the Unholy to begin with anymore. Even the dark transformation is just a normal cd and disconnected from the gameplay of the unholy otherwise. Not to forget that the DK never felt like a full on pet class to begin with, it was always more a melee with a pet as a gimmick. A Necromancer on the other hand could be the opportunity for a class which is fully build around a pet heavy gameplay in different ways. We already have lots of classes which utilize melee combat in different ways, classes which use dots in different ways, so I think different ways of how to use pet-based combat would be rather exciting, especially since Blizzard got better when it comes to the demonology warlock in this regard.

Which is also why I'm happy that Warlock lost metamorphosis. Like, tbh I think the coolest about that one was always the glyph which allowed to have Teron Gorefiend wings and this is the only thing I would have liked to keep in some permanent form, so that Warlocks can roleplay as a first generation dk kind of fantasy. But otherwise, the loss of metamorphosis gave Warlock access to an identity players probably always wanted to have with this spec, as a master of demons. I think even if Unholy loses its pet aspects in the case that a Necromancer is included, it also would mean the opportunity to develope the unholy fantasy in a new and exciting direction, best more in the direction of utilizing more plagues and shadow based abilities. The shadow aspect of the dk is heavily underittilized.

since this thread has come to pure hate and trolling, i as irl shaman will try to bring new ideas for discussion

on my recent mushroom trip i was told that machines are agents of time
    machines allow us to hack time (solve usual problems more quickly)
    machines rob us of time (perception of time is distorted and seems to go faster)

machines control our behavior (if there is a mixer - people stop using hands, if there is a wheel vehicle people stop using legs)
    we do not control anything, we just express our built-in desire to create tools, which then shape us
    we are just a resource for machines procreation, it's a parasitic relationship, not a symbiotic one

machines are in a very close relationship with death actually, so Tinker class fits pretty much

p.s. mushroom is a very harsh teacher, it slaps you with scary truth
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-10-20 at 06:48 PM.

only part of it gun and mecha pet
    the bomb on survival is more closer to pirat theme and traps is pretty hunter
    Not really, bombs have nothing to do with the pirate theme. and for traps there also could be glyphs to make them look more mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    The army of the dead was nerfed more and more since the day it was introduced into the game to begin with. I don't think that it is that necessary for the unholy at this point and I would be happy to give it up if we in turn get more to play with in terms of plagues. Otherwise is the Ghoul not that much of a part of the Unholy to begin with anymore. Even the dark transformation is just a normal cd and disconnected from the gameplay of the unholy otherwise. Not to forget that the DK never felt like a full on pet class to begin with, it was always more a melee with a pet as a gimmick. A Necromancer on the other hand could be the opportunity for a class which is fully build around a pet heavy gameplay in different ways. We already have lots of classes which utilize melee combat in different ways, classes which use dots in different ways, so I think different ways of how to use pet-based combat would be rather exciting, especially since Blizzard got better when it comes to the demonology warlock in this regard.

Which is also why I'm happy that Warlock lost metamorphosis. Like, tbh I think the coolest about that one was always the glyph which allowed to have Teron Gorefiend wings and this is the only thing I would have liked to keep in some permanent form, so that Warlocks can roleplay as a first generation dk kind of fantasy. But otherwise, the loss of metamorphosis gave Warlock access to an identity players probably always wanted to have with this spec, as a master of demons. I think even if Unholy loses its pet aspects in the case that a Necromancer is included, it also would mean the opportunity to develope the unholy fantasy in a new and exciting direction, best more in the direction of utilizing more plagues and shadow based abilities. The shadow aspect of the dk is heavily underittilized.
    y i dont really see dk as a necromancer anymore to be honest i see them closer to lich king

10+ Year Old Account
    And what people want in tinker is already found in hunters.
    Not really, hunter reeks of nature and arcane abilities where tinker would have nothing to do with it

y i dont really see dk as a necromancer anymore to be honest i see them closer to lich king
    The DK was never a necromancer, he just had necromancy elements. And tbh, I also feel like they should more elements of stealing life or the souls of their opponents to power their runeblade and so on. I mean, the idea of a runeblade should be in my opinion a core part of the classes identity. Arthas himself was heavily inspired by Elric of Melnibone, who used his Runeblade Stormbringer to steal his opponents souls and strengthen himself, Frostmournes name is even probably a reference to Stormbringers sister blade Mournblade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    Not really, hunter reeks of nature and arcane abilities where tinker would have nothing to do with it
    It is closer to the tinker than DK or Warlock to the necromancer. I mean, whats the fucking difference between using lazers and the hunter shots which are basically laser missiles?

yet somehow DR which is all about void and death is found in hunter... Not saying you've made that claim because I can't remember you doing so.

Frankly I think people are talking about gameplay. From what i've heard from peoples concepts it sounds like a hunter warlock combo gameplay wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they are close dosent mean thematiclly they are the same. On that aspect the diference is like day and night.

Its the same as asking: hey both mage and locks have fire spells and wiggle their fingers to fire them off, so what the diference!?!?

@Kumorii Nah i never made that claim and if DR become a thing i rather them to be a new class instead of a "skin" or 4th spec of hunter because thematicly they are diferent.

What i claimed is that i prefer tinker over DR just because they would be a "martial class" without the use of magic, edgy or not, to backup their abilities.

But on the other hand i would prefer DR over Tinker just because im pretty sure DR would never had a healing spec and from my perception, most of the times that a class who shares a tank and a healing spec, their dps spec dosent go well. Just look at WW monks or ret pallies, especialy ret pallies all over the years.
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2019-10-20 at 06:59 PM.

Just because they are close dosent mean thematiclly they are the same. On that aspect the diference is like day and night.

Its the same as asking: hey both mage and locks have fire spells and wiggle their fingers to fire them off, so what the diference!?!?
    This is what most of us are saying but are often shut down from tinker fans that they are the same

Except when it comes to tinkers ofc, then it's different rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense and Machines have nothing to do with death machines represent quality of life.
    using your body less and less isn't quality of life
    sitting all day long is a slow death

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    using your body less and less isn't quality of life
    sitting all day long is a slow death
    I would say technology have given us plenty of quality of life. Which gives us more time to do what we want, including moving around and exercise

It is closer to the tinker than DK or Warlock to the necromancer. I mean, whats the fucking difference between using lazers and the hunter shots which are basically laser missiles?
    the problem wuld class identity and hunter reeks of lost class identity and survival, bm and markmanship dont really scream tinker
    they need to be forced to change ability to be simlair to tinker and as i said again people dont want to lose class identity and tinker as a skin reeks of rework on old classes

and i kinda agree with you on the necromancer thing i maby even wuld push the troll shadow voodoo thing to necromancer but that depends
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-20 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're no one to tell others about "how classes work", Teriz.

Or even how Blizzard operates.

You've shown, time and again, how little you know about Blizzard's design processes and decisions.

And those threads I linked are nothing but the ones shown on the first page of search results.

You've learned nothing from your mistakes. You argued "class overlap" against the demon hunters, and you are doing it again, against class ideas such as bard, dark rangers and necromancers.
    Wow this is pure gold. Thank you for this.

Also, he's been shilling for the Tinker since at least 2013? Wow, I'm sure if he keeps predicting its addition each xpac he'll eventually be right. Of course then he'll be insufferable about it despite making the prediction each expansion

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Wow this is pure gold. Thank you for this.

Also, he's been shilling for the Tinker since at least 2013? Wow, I'm sure if he keeps predicting its addition each xpac he'll eventually be right. Of course then he'll be insufferable about it despite making the prediction each expansion
    And I bet, if Tinkers are added, he'll claim he "was right all along", and completely ignore the fact of this being a case of "even a broken clock is right at least twice a day."

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I would say technology have given us plenty of quality of life. Which gives us more time to do what we want, including moving around and exercise
    sadly it's not the case, hardcore technology users are balding wankers /w nervous system problems, not gods
    quality of life is an illusion, its a slow comfortable death, that's what it is

i think i have gone crazy lol, i'm a programmer doubting my whole life

real life example:
    i've been riding electric bike this summer (3100km), i'm so used to it - pedaling seems stupid
    i know it's good for the bum and balls
    but when you have the experience of effortless silent free transportation, pedaling is just stupid
    ebike experience has changed my behavior forever, i won't pedal until 20% charge, just won't
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-10-20 at 08:17 PM.

Y'know, Lore Watch brought something up in a recent episode. Would it even need to be a "tinker" class? You don't have to know how to build those mech suits and bombs and stuff to use them.

Why not just a class defined by magical/technical/magitechnical equipment usage? Elements of the Goblin Sapper, Shredder Pilot, whatever the hell you'd call people who use things like Mekkatorque's suit... Hell, the Draenei have weird techy magic stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Y'know, Lore Watch brought something up in a recent episode. Would it even need to be a "tinker" class? You don't have to know how to build those mech suits and bombs and stuff to use them.

Why not just a class defined by magical/technical/magitechnical equipment usage? Elements of the Goblin Sapper, Shredder Pilot, whatever the hell you'd call people who use things like Mekkatorque's suit... Hell, the Draenei have weird techy magic stuff too.
    class name does not really need to be tinker aswell tinker can be a spec in it but what i say is now new in these 2709+ post =P

10+ Year Old Account
    or maby if necromancer gona work as a skin it needs to be both dk and lock but you know now i gave people idea they think gona work perfect with them on tinker even tho machinist/tinker is so diffrent

you since the mass ghoul thing that culd be solved to be simlair to demonolgy
    I personally dont buy into the notion of class skins.

Any concepts for a Necromancer class should go to the DK class. Blizzard also should return Black Arrow and re-create the Dark Ranger talent for Hunters, and give Forsaken an undead elf option. That should satisfy Sylvanas fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post

Yeah, that's come up a few times for sure. The fact that no classes related to technology exist yet means that there are pretty much endless options. Tinker has been kind of a catch all term for tech related class concepts, so not everyone agrees on what exactly a tinker is.