View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    At least there'll always be an England, which is more than can be said for any of the EU27 stuck in the mire if this crazy gets his way.

Since Trump became President, the US is not a reliable ally anymore. High time for a European Army to take matters in our own hands.

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/s...80326592315393

What "matters" do they have to take into their own hands? And didn't those lying remainers say there wouldn't be an EU army at the referendum? I suppose they will need it put out the fires and to quell the uprising on the streets of the EU...
    I don't remember Remain saying that there wouldn't be an EU army. I do remember them saying that if there were we wouldn't have to join it because, you know, veto. A bit like the Euro. Or Turkey joining the EU. Or blue passports. All things that we had control of that the Leave campaign lied through their fucking teeth about. A bit like you've been consistently lying about pretty much everything for the last couple of years in this forum.

And attacking someone for suggesting the Trump isn't a reliable ally? That's a hell of a hill to die on dribbles, even by your low standards.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

At least there'll always be an England, which is more than can be said for any of the EU27 stuck in the mire if this crazy gets his way.

Since Trump became President, the US is not a reliable ally anymore. High time for a European Army to take matters in our own hands.

What "matters" do they have to take into their own hands? And didn't those lying remainers say there wouldn't be an EU army at the referendum? I suppose they will need it put out the fires and to quell the uprising on the streets of the EU...
    Not if I ever get my way. I'll break the old kingdom of northumbria right of the top and away from those southern shit stains in a heart beat.

You wanna go down the road of breaking up unions then that's what I'll campaign for. Either way by Brussels or by our own backs imma see the end of London rule in my life time.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-10-21 at 05:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I don't remember Remain saying that there wouldn't be an EU army. I do remember them saying that if there were we wouldn't have to join it because, you know, veto. A bit like the Euro. Or Turkey joining the EU. Or blue passports. All things that we had control of that the Leave campaign lied through their fucking teeth about. A bit like you've been consistently lying about pretty much everything for the last couple of years in this forum.

And attacking someone for suggesting the Trump isn't a reliable ally? That's a hell of a hill to die on dribbles, even by your low standards.
    Here's your man Nick "tuition fees" Clegg saying exactly that just a year before the referendum. Although back then the justification was Russian agrression rather than Verhofstadt saying today it's to protect the EU against Americans.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...gerous-fantasy

What makes you think the Lib Dems are telling the truth today? Swinson and her family funded by the EU?...lols

Leopards don't change their spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Not if I ever get my way. I'll break the old kingdom of northumbria right of the top and away from those southern shit stains in a heart beat.

You wanna go down the road of breaking up unions then that's what I'll campaign for. Either way by Brussels or by our own backs imma see the end of London rule in my life time.
    Hahahaha You are mirroring the SNP line except for Northumbria? They want to take back control from Westminster only to give it to Brussels and be assimilated into the EU Borg...GL with that!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

We had a veto on such matters.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the formation of an EU Army require a treaty change? And would require a referendum as per the European Act 2011.

Here's your man Nick "tuition fees" Clegg saying exactly that just a year before the referendum. Although back then the justification was Russian agrression rather than Verhofstadt saying today it's to protect the EU against Americans.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...gerous-fantasy

What makes you think the Lib Dems are telling the truth today? Swinson and her family funded by the EU?...lols

Leopards don't change their spots.

Hahahaha You are mirroring the SNP line except for Northumbria? They want to take back control from Westminster only to give it to Brussels and be assimilated into the EU Borg...GL with that!
    its about not having it in the hands of london and southerners, any one one but the south.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Most certainly. An EU Army is not within the competencies of the EU and to add anything to the competencies of the EU you would need to amend treaties. And then it would be subject to a veto by all member states and in some cases even subject to a veto by the autonomous parts of specific states (I think it is the case in Belgium?). Because you know, the EU is not democratic at all.
    Military is still completely a federal thing here, not separated it is also far too small and under funded what might change. Most nations are looking at completing each other in specific military roles rather than everyone trying to have a large navy for example. Joint operations are going up but we are still too much stuck in thinking about nation first to even consider an EU army.

After all it hasn't even been 100 years since Europe was burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It's a bit late to try and explain the proper workings of the EU to a brexiteer at this point...
    Especially dribbles. You now how vampires have their weak spots, like garlic repels them? Facts make dribbles deaf. You can repeat them as many times as you like, he just doesn't hear them at all and has to fall back on the old "you lost" and "won't be long now chums, tick tock" lines that he loves to repeat. It's like having an old, slightly rascist parrot.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Especially dribbles. You now how vampires have their weak spots, like garlic repels them? Facts make dribbles deaf. You can repeat them as many times as you like, he just doesn't hear them at all and has to fall back on the old "you lost" and "won't be long now chums, tick tock" lines that he loves to repeat. It's like having an old, slightly rascist parrot.
    can we at least try the wooden stake though?

10+ Year Old Account
    But why do we always have to pick between two evils?
    I'm not defending FPTP, I think with PR we'd see a lot more Green representation which I'd prefer. That's not where we are though, we're stuck between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    'The #Brexit Minister Stephen Barclay just confirmed to me in his LordsEUCom evidence that, under the Govt's proposals, Northern Irish businesses sending goods to Great Britain will have to complete export declaration forms.'

https://twitter.com/StewartWood/stat...50252191457280

Export forms to send goods within your own country! Absolute joke!
    It's a good deal. A Good Deal. A. Good. Deal.

- - - Updated - - -

The Republic of Mancunia takes exception to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I mean, that's what we have been saying. This deal effectively puts NI outside the UK.
    I mean it really is the entire purpose of that part of the brexit deal to put the NI outside the UK trade area and in the EU trade area. At this point it is a question of willful ignorance or being impossibly dense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Interesting you want the UK to be a piddling worthless nation state pandering to the behest of great empires, such as China, the USA, and likely Russia, never mind the EU; rather than be a central plank in a European one.
    You're assuming Guy Verhofstadt is correct, of course. Recent evidence would indicate he's entirely wrong - that we're going to see the breakup of the EU, the USA, and many other multi-national states during our lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by kilnmantwurse View Post
    Actually this remainer would prefer to see Brexit happen so we could see the total and final death of the conservative party, the Brexit party, UKIP as reality catches up with their horrid little xenophobic fantasies. Then we can get on with rejoining the EU and abandoning the fag end of neo-liberalism forever.
    "1 post by this ID".

That leaves the snp who let's face it want there own scoxit and break up different union to rejoin another.... Not that we can vote for them anyway.
    Besides, Scottish independence would result in a more or less permanent Tory majority in Westminster :P .

And thats not we should settle for.
    Find / found a new party then. The UK system, for all its flaws, is far less broken than the US one, at least when it comes to binary choices.

He's literally mirroring the SNP line. It's not about Scottish independence / Northern independence, it's about "fuck the English" / "fuck Londoners":

"its about not having it in the hands of london and southerners, any one one but the south."

Most certainly. An EU Army is not within the competencies of the EU and to add anything to the competencies of the EU you would need to amend treaties. And then it would be subject to a veto by all member states and in some cases even subject to a veto by the autonomous parts of specific states (I think it is the case in Belgium?). Because you know, the EU is not democratic at all.
    We all know how the EU works. If the rules on such things can't be ignored, then either (a) avoid asking the public altogether, and get your buddies in government to agree to the treaty amendment, (b) tell the public to keep voting until they get the "right" answer, or (c) deny it needs a treaty change etc etc and push it through some other way.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    We all know how the EU works. If the rules on such things can't be ignored, then either (a) avoid asking the public altogether, and get your buddies in government to agree to the treaty amendment, (b) tell the public to keep voting until they get the "right" answer, or (c) deny it needs a treaty change etc etc and push it through some other way.
    Even if this was the case the European Union Act 2011 - which is UK law - would require a public referendum before the UK could back such a change.

- - - Updated - - -

Led by Donkeys are at it again.

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status...420502016?s=20

He's literally mirroring the SNP line. It's not about Scottish independence / Northern independence, it's about "fuck the English" / "fuck Londoners":

"its about not having it in the hands of london and southerners, any one one but the south."
    at least you got it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if this was the case the European Union Act 2011 - which is UK law - would require a public referendum before the UK could back such a change.
    It's only an Act of Parliament. It can be amended or repealed as necessary.

Nice. Been pretty sceptical of this deal ever since Saint Nigel came out against it, so hopefully this gets some traction. Fingers crossed for a clean Brexit on the 31st.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The Republic of Mancunia takes exception to that.
    General Tusk was last spotted stuck in the mud in the Peak District but headed your way leading his EU army. Aren't you lucky he has your back!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I could have sworn we were going to for sure leave on the 31st, no matter what. Just like we were for sure going to leave the first time. Tick, tock and all that. Why is an extension suddenly OK, disregarding your "it exposes!" reasoning?

You should really look into your wording for things, it doesn't paint the picture of this "moderate" you continue to claim to be. How you thought anyone would believe that baffles me, though.
    And that's still the plan, barring tiresome interference from remainers. So many imponderables...

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...26116077920261

But yeah still very much tickety tock.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

It's only an Act of Parliament. It can be amended or repealed as necessary.
    What do you think the outcome of repealing or amending legislation to remove the required the public permission for the government to implement an EU treaty change would be?

And that's still the plan, barring tiresome interference from remainers. So many imponderables...

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...26116077920261

But yeah still very much tickety tock.
    Because nothing says "good deal" quite like trying to push it through as fast as you possibly can, before anyone gets a chance to dig into the details of how it will operate. This is the political equivalent of that trick the booking websites do to tell you that "there are 37 other people looking at this Brexit deal, sign up quick to avoid missing out!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you give an example?
    Irish referenda on the Lisbon Treaty?

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you think the outcome of repealing or amending legislation to remove the required the public permission for the government to implement an EU treaty change would be?
    Depends on the media coverage of it, of course. All you have to do is slip in an amendment six months or so early, wait for the hubbub to die down, then when the proposed treaty changes come along, dutifully agree to it like a good like bought-and-paid-for bootlicker.

Can you give an example?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_...ion_referendum
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_F...ion_referendum
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_D...ion_referendum

So the EU just did it in through the "Treaty of Lisbon" instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because nothing says "good deal" quite like trying to push it through as fast as you possibly can, before anyone gets a chance to dig into the details of how it will operate. This is the political equivalent of that trick the booking websites do to tell you that "there are 37 other people looking at this Brexit deal, sign up quick to avoid missing out!"
    Ahhh you highlight the EU's worst nightmare about our good deal, well done! Imagine the UK post EU and we are booming.

That's exactly what will happen and the 27 other EU nations will be very much thinking we want some of that, they won't want to miss out...