Poll: And the winner is...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Sylvanas wins every time. As Warcraft 3 shown, sylvanas is much smarter than tyrande because she understands that she shouldn't be standing on bridge she is trying to destroy.
    Isn't standing on a bridge while burning it down EXACTLY what Sylvanas did with the Horde in BFA? The only difference is that when Tyrande destroyed the ground she was standing on she actually achieved what she intended to achieve...while Sylvanas lost the Horde out of sheer stupidity.

OT:
    In a fair fight using only the powers we have seen so far Tyrande would stomp Sylvanas into the ground without breaking a sweat. But this is not the way such duels actually play out in WoW. Malfurion was not just "slightly" stronger than Sylvanas when they fought...he was WAY stronger. He had been fighting for days at that point, holding up giant walls of whisps and mass-rooting entire armies...while Sylvanas chilled in the background and ambushed him. And she still lost very clearly. Yet, the devs wanted him to lose, so he lost.

If Tyrande and Sylvanas ever fight each other the one the devs want to lose will lose. And the devs ALWAYS want the Night Elves to lose. So the answer is extremely obvious.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-10-21 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Tyrande couldn't kill Nathanos though he was losing (and I don't give a shit about your ''muh plot armor'' rebuttals, save it), while Sylvanas basically roflstomped the ''best'' living warrior and was able to keep up with Malfurion in A Good War.

I'll give it to Sylv for now.

Also friendly reminder, power levels in WoW don't mean anything. If Blizzard wants someone to lose, you'll lose.
    Sylvanas did not keep up with. She was trapped in malfurions snare.

Tyrande was not just fighting nathanos there, and only just gained her new powers. So also not a good benchmark if you ask me.

And the best living warrior, you mean a aging orc with a deathwish?

But yeah, blizzs says what is lore/canon/who wins. patch 7.3.5 ingame they say high elves, blood elves, night elves. next expansion: high elves do not exist :P

Think the problem with all of it, we do not know how powerfull a trained tyrande is, or what the new powers of sylvanas intail.

So that fact that sylvanas got hurt by a old orc, and the fact that tyrande fought nathanos when being attacked by newly rissen dark rangers, and 1 val'kyr.....yeah....tyrande wins.

Tyrande is a dumb annoying bitch so I'll give it Sylv.

She can barely do shit without Malfurion poppin up to shush her / help her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    And the devs ALWAYS want the Night Elves to lose. So the answer is extremely obvious.
    Yup, as night elf i can say yup to that.

Pretty sure we are getting a garrosh/sylvanas 3.0 with tyrande....

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Isn't standing on a bridge while burning it down EXACTLY what Sylvanas did with the Horde in BFA? The only difference is that when Tyrande destroyed the ground she was standing on she actually achieved what she intended to achieve...while Sylvanas lost the Horde out of sheer stupidity.
    I dunno, both slowed enemy army by a bit. One however fell into knee deep water and needed not one but two strong males to save her.

5+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, both slowed enemy army by a bit. One however fell into knee deep water and needed not one but two strong males to save her.
    Reforged will retcon that somehow....................................................and make her look even more pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Reforged will retcon that somehow....................................................and make her look even more pathetic.
    "Im tyrande whisperwind and this is jackass"

But to be fair, i wonder how new PC blizzard writing staff will handle ultimate damsel in distress scenario.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Im tyrande whisperwind and this is jackass"

But to be fair, i wonder how new PC blizzard writing staff will handle ultimate damsel in distress scenario.
    She'll be bound and gagged? Well that's an interesting retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It all depends on who the writers want to win. Nobody has a consistent power level. Sylvanas loses to Genn, fights Malfurion to a standstill and absolutely facerolls Saurfang.
    When did Greymane defeat Sylvanas? Cause if you're talking about Stormheim I really don't see "able to snatch an object off of someone while being badly hurt in the process" as any sign of being able to win a fight.

Gillvanas would deffo win against Mrgglande. The other two, close!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    Tyrande and Sylvanas have both defeated Varok Saurfang in a matter of seconds. Note that Tyrande beat Saurfang pre Night Warrior !

Tyrande has destroyed armies of Demons during the 3 novels War of the Ancients. Pre Night Warrior
    Tyrande has killed an Emerald Dragon by herself. Pre Night Warrior
    Sylvanas states that Tyrande and Malfurion alone are so powerful to the point of being capable of stalling the entire Horde in Ashenvale unless they split them up (in the Novel A Good War)
    Tyrande can used her power to channel a shield so powerful that people like Archimonde and Azshara could not break.(WOTA)
    Tyrande can call upon the ancient spirits of the priestess' of Elune to aid her in combat and destroy an entire Army of Satyrs.(Stormrage Novel)
    Tyrande's armor is the same armor worn by every High priestess of Elune that was blessed and bathed in moonlight for millennia, that allows the wearer to survive the impact of an infernal meteor ! (WOTA/Wolfheart Novel)
    I can list more lore moments, but what is clear is that Tyrande is vastly superior to Sylvanas in every way,people who can't see that are either lore ignorant who never read any novels or are Sylvanas fanboys.
    Too bad that we never got to see anything of that in-game, those assets perhaps could have helped in the Broken Shore, for instance. Tyrande's WoW self seems to have perma Resurrection Sickness or something
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-10-21 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Tyrande is ~Nathanos-tier

and Nathy is Sylvanas' bitch

so

also unless Elune intervenes - Tyrande should be dying to the new death insta-kill kamehameha that Sylv now has
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2019-10-21 at 10:33 PM.

The War of the Ancients -> WC3 Tyrande that just had Elune make her invulnerable and kill everything.

Pre WoW Tyrande and Malfurion could solo the entire Horde.

Alliance Heroes have always been more powerful than Horde ones. Which is why they made 75% of the Alliance 'Neutral'

The Teldrassil and Darkshore events in WoW were basically a massive retcon.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2019-10-21 at 10:35 PM.

Damn, I didn't even consider this...You just killed my hype for Reforged
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    The Teldrassil and Darkshore events in WoW were basically a massive retcon.
    Almost everything in BfA is a massive retcon. While the World of Retconcraft is by no means something new, I don't think I have seen so many huge retcons together as in BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Damn, I didn't even consider this...You just killed my hype for Reforged
    I think it's unlikely we'll see much lore change in WC3: Reforged - you'll probably see some interstitial canon-welding type additions, modifications to tile-sets to bring them up to spec with more recent in-game representations (e.g. Suramar, Outland, etc. etc.), and perhaps some slight dialogue alteration. Time will tell, of course; but I wouldn't get too discouraged.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Given that Sylvanas knew that if either Malfurion or Tyrande got directly involved in the War of Thorns, it was game over,

I would give Tyrande. She is much older and far more powerful period. She had been a ranger much longer and had divine power S in the light, arcane and void not to mention a goddess backing her up.

Don’t care how much we like Sylvanas. On paper, it is a Tyrande win hands down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Too bad that we never got to see anything of that in-game, those assets perhaps could have helped in the Broken Shore, for instance. Tyrande's WoW self seems to have perma Resurrection Sickness or something
    That’s just blizzards way of balancing appearance in game. They never really use alliance characters to their full potential because they are usually far more established than horde ones.

So it makes sense to have limelight of the horde ones to balance it out. And even though it’s been 15 years. I don’t think they have boosted horde characters enough.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    That’s just blizzards way of balancing appearance in game. They never really use alliance characters to their full potential because they are usually far more established than horde ones.
    Thing is that a lot of the "godmode" stuff has been established, in the Knaak books, which are divisive to say the least. And questionable, in terms of the degree of them being actual canon, because that would make the characters involved look completely beyond retarded, in certain situations. The whole Val'shara debacle, for example.

So it makes sense to have limelight of the horde ones to balance it out. And even though it’s been 15 years. I don’t think they have boosted horde characters enough.
    Not killing them off or separating them from the Horde might fix that problem...

AS far as the comparison part goes not gonna quote a specific part. However when you look at actual combat experience Sylvanas has her outclassed, because while it's true that she is like 7k years younger. She has spent pretty much the whole time fighting against a variety of enemies, from trolls to scourge and human zealots or even demons. While the Kaldorei participated, in like three wars thousands of years apart and even then the heavy lifting had been done by Jarod Shadowsong or Malfurion, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Tyrande is ~Nathanos-tier

and Nathy is Sylvanas' bitch

so

also unless Elune intervenes - Tyrande should be dying to the new death insta-kill kamehameha that Sylv now has
    i don't think we can go by darkshore how strong nathanos or tyrande is. this game is a very bad medium for showing how fights actually go down, we need cinematics for that.

malfurion is demonstrably stronger than sylvanas, she's nearly dead while he's only missing a bit of his health when you find them in game. keep in mind, this is AFTER sylvanas already has her death power up, because we see her death blast described in the book.

nathanos and the val'kyr are fighting not just malfurion and tyrande, but also the player character(who nathanos needs to have immobilized before he'll approach, hinting that he knows he can't beat you in an actual fight). it winds up that neither the val'kyr or nathanos, or even the horde player character do any damage to tyrande and you run after delaryn and sira are raised.

i'd say the lore version of that fight goes like nathanos trying to draw tyrande's attention away from the ritual, the ritual is completed near instantly before any actual fighting takes place(or maybe after nathanos takes a few shots, which are effortlessly brushed off), tyrande is enraged by it and one shots the val'kyr, nathanos and the others flee immediately.

the only real lorelol there is tyrande just letting them leave.