Thread: John Wick 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Just saw it. Enjoyed it.

Thought it was supposed to be a trilogy but the ending makes it clear there will be another (or at least there better be as this wasn't really any kind of conclusion).
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-05-15 at 07:55 PM.

Just saw it.

Just got done, next movie Halle Berry character is probably going to be involved and Wick is going to proceed to disassemble the organization. Thought the fanboying of the uber assassins was also hilarious. Basically if you want to kill John Wick, you are best off dropping an nuke otherwise he is like a cockroach. Ian Mcshane was his usual in this movie. One thing I didn't like was how they handled the head guy.
    That just seemed pointless. They could well have cut that out of the movie. Then Wick stopping her from killing Bron? This is the same man who slaughtered how many people over a puppy? Enjoyed the movie but just a couple of things that made me scratch my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to give anything away. But she isn't bad in this movie. They don't give her much of a chance to screw it up.
    Last edited by Wermys; 2019-05-17 at 02:30 AM.

I went to see it with a bunch of friends and our overall reaction was meh, very dissapointing.

The tone set by this movie, is very different from the first two, and it's just not working for me. Also, I feel like the story didn't progress at all, John Wick is in the same spot that the second movie ended with.

I think we are going to pass on whatever sequel they are setting up for.

Enjoyed it, but I still prefer the first two. In my opinion the fight scenes in this one were way too long and thus, less diverse. Honestly, how many people were there in this Casablanca area ? 20 billions ?

I really liked the Continental showdown, until the final face-to-face which was once again, way too long in my opinion.

Didn't expect the ending. I'm unsure whether this was part of whatever plan or if Winston went straight evil, but that sure was unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyMcDerp View Post
    You might need to get some sleep. There are only two Taken films.
    Chek again
    there are 3 taken films

first his daughter gets taken
    secund him and his wife gets taken
    third they kill his wife and frame him

gonna see tomorrow, shit looks so badass. Keanu gonna make my day twice with this and then bill and ted's next movie, can't wait

Gotta love good old john wick.

Finally saw John Wick 3 - 7/10 (good)

Spoiler: 
    My only problem with John Wick 3 is that it feels like nothing has been accomplished, like the story of John Wick hasn't really progressed. Previously, the last two movies felt like complete chapters in his story. In the first film, John Wick removed the threat of the Tarasovs to him. In the second film, John Wick removed the threat of Santonio to him. However, at the beginning of this film, John Wick has a bounty on him... and still has it on him at the end of the film. John Wick has not managed to neutralize any of the leading threats against him (the High Table, the Elder, or Winston). In fact, he ends the movie in the same position as he started. I'm thinking that this was actually a set up movie for John Wick 4 to pay off on and close this chapter - like this movie was the first half of John Wick 2, before Santonio (or in this case, Winston) betrays John Wick. IDK. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the film, but it didn't have a sense of satisfying "completeness" like the first two movies.

I guess I'm worried that John Wick doesn't have a definitive ending in mind, and that they're going to drag out the franchise so long as it keeps making money. I'd rather the John Wick story have a definitive beginning, middle, and end without overstaying its welcome. In that case, I'm hoping John Wick 4 (or MAYBE 5, if they can justify it) will be the ending. That said, I'm not sure how it will play out. To find peace and live a normal life, John needs the bounty on him lifted. To get the bounty lifted, he needs to convince the High Table to do so, WITHOUT becoming an assassin bound to them. I don't know how he can do that right now. He could try replacing the High Table members; the plot of the first half of John Wick 2 was him killing Santonio's sister so he could take over. I suppose John Wick could simply assassinate each ruling member of the High Table and have them replaced by people who'd call off the bounty, but we don't know any High Table members so suddenly introducing them and then killing them off in the same movie wouldn't feel satisfactory. I'm guessing it's going to come down to somethin with the Elder, though I'm not sure if it will involve killing him or convincing him or what.

I was surprised by Winston's apparent betrayal. When he first shot John, I was thinking "Winston is faking it to gain the support of the High Table and will support John in secret", but apparently it's a legit turn around? Maybe Charon will be John's man on the inside of the New York Continental?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Saw it a couple months back. Was a little disappointed because it felt like this was less of a, "John Wick is a badass" movie and more of "For some reason it seems like no one actually wants to kill John Wick."

Seriously, scene after scene of him being in situations where he's helpless or the situation is hopeless and people are just like, "Oh, eh, we'll help you instead, even when it's at a cost to myself. Or just throw you a softball and give you another chance to recover a losing fight."
    I was actually scratching my head trying to understand why people are still going after the guy who soloed 300 men trying to kill him in a week. Yeah, he has a $15+ million bounty on his head, but the dude literally killed 300 men trying to kill him in a week! It's not worth it dudes.

I thought the scene with the students who were honored to fight him was pretty humorous.

Don't much like first movie (Wick is not powerful enough, almost gets killed few times, once when shouting how "back" he is, which makes the scene kinda awkward, old out of shape main villain appears to be a match to him), absolutely LOVE second movie -- everything about it is perfect, and just "liked" third movie. Definitely better than first, but worse than second. Feminism is starting to show too much, Halle Berry's character is a cunt and was absolutely unnecessary for the movie. Wick used to kill women in second movie as regular enemies, now he begs them for help and never kills one, not even the flat bitch judicator. Meh... Hopefully fourth will be more brutal.