Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    White Cisgendered Male here. I was there last year listening to a lot of different people share their stories about being in tech as a woman, as a minority, as an autistic person. Believe me, no one treated me as poorly as you are treating the mere concept of the inclusion nexus.

It would probably do you a lot of good to sit in there for a few hours and listen to how other people get treated in the world and reflect on how you treat others.
    Almost as if different people, regardless of ethnicity, have different life experiences and there is no overarching "white" or "male" experience, just as there's no generalized experience for black women.

Boom. Mind blown.

About time!
    And please event workers, keep Blizzcon free from Hong Kong-politics, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    They already announced the ending patch of BFA.
    Not exactly, since there might be a 8.3.5.
    Until they say there won't be such a patch this time (got one after 7.3), then it's not yet over even once 8.3 launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Almost as if different people, regardless of ethnicity, have different life experiences and there is no overarching "white" or "male" experience, just as there's no generalized experience for black women.

Boom. Mind blown.
    I honestly can't tell who's side you are on with this comment but you are correct that people have different life experiences and that the primary goal of listening to people tell their stories is so that people can understand that everyone DOES NOT experience life the same as they do, because many many people generalize everyone else's experiences with their own life experiences.

You are incorrect that there is no generalized experience though. Statistically, many minorities and women, and trans people, share a lot of common experiences in life, just as many white people do. So do people of different regional and monetary backgrounds. it is disingenuous to mix ALL of those things up into one pot and then claim everyone is different and thus no one person can speak to the experiences of anyone else on planet earth. That's not how any of this works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    White Cisgendered Male here. I was there last year listening to a lot of different people share their stories about being in tech as a woman, as a minority, as an autistic person. Believe me, no one treated me as poorly as you are treating the mere concept of the inclusion nexus.

It would probably do you a lot of good to sit in there for a few hours and listen to how other people get treated in the world and reflect on how you treat others.
    The ENTIRE Blizzcon show should be about inclusion. We're all gamers. Some of us are black, some white, some with disabilities, some with differing viewpoints. The entire show should be a "Safe Place". We don't need a place where "LOOK AT ME IM AUTISTIC" is shoved down my throat like its my prom night all over again.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    The ENTIRE Blizzcon show should be about inclusion. We're all gamers. Some of us are black, some white, some with disabilities, some with differing viewpoints. The entire show should be a "Safe Place". We don't need a place where "LOOK AT ME IM AUTISTIC" is shoved down my throat like its my prom night all over again.
    "My favorite emote is TriHard! haHAA 12 btw." Being autistic is the new cool thing to be on the internet. "Oh my god I'm so autistic. Like yesterday... like.."

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Look at how you are reacting and think hard about "safe place." It's not being shoved down anyone's throat. its a place you go VOLUNTARILY to listen to people speak VOLUNTARILY about their experiences so that people can hear others deal with common struggles and for the rest of us to reflect on how we interact with the world and others. It affects a lot in life, especially if you are a developer.

The inclusion nexus is a community driven event that picked up formal backing from blizzard. it *exists* because people did not feel welcome or heard or understood by others in the community. If what you were saying was true and the entire con was a 'safe place' for all blizzard fans (and wouldn't it be nice) then it wouldn't exist in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    I don't understand why anyone expected D4 last Blizzcon. They literally came out and said there won't be any D4 last year long before Blizzcon arrived.
    they told diablo fans "something big is coming and they should be exited for blizzcon." and they showcased immortal and nothing else. if they had simply said "bla bla bla immortal coming next. but we are also working on diablo4" there would be no drama what so ever

I don't understand why anyone expected D4 last Blizzcon. They literally came out and said there won't be any D4 last year long before Blizzcon arrived.
    Bc there were rumor about it like week ahead from blizzcon and like 1 week early they put the message so 80% didnt even read it

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Son, clearly you weren't around (check my posting history vs yours) and I was. Read the rest of the posts here, particularly the ones above where everybody's saying the same thing - the expectations were towards the end either a D3 expansion and/or D2 Remastered.
    How does post history prove anything? LOL. D3 Expansion was way less likely to happen than a D4 announcement. We already know they scrapped the last expansion and gave it out in patches. Expecting that makes you look really gullible. D2 remastered was the best thing you could've hoped for in that last Blizzcon. But I've seen a ton of comments, I was there when Blizzard was "deleting" comments from their youtube videos. I've seen a ton of people comment on it and I've seen a ton of people saying they were expecting D4. And I am done replying back to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phagelives View Post
    fucking ballzy doing a WoW Q&A , i am gonna assume they will be approved a mic is giving.
    They're taking written submissions on cards via a mailbox at the Darkmoon Faire. They'll then be screened and answered at the panel.

How does post history prove anything? LOL. D3 Expansion was way less likely to happen than a D4 announcement. We already know they scrapped the last expansion and gave it out in patches. Expecting that makes you look really gullible. D2 remastered was the best thing you could've hoped for in that last Blizzcon. But I've seen a ton of comments, I was there when Blizzard was "deleting" comments from their youtube videos. I've seen a ton of people comment on it and I've seen a ton of people saying they were expecting D4. And I am done replying back to you.
    Thank you for conceding that you're wrong. Everybody else also contributed above showing you were wrong. ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They're taking written submissions on cards via a mailbox at the Darkmoon Faire. They'll then be screened and answered at the panel.
    yeah, aint' NO way they're not putting the screeners on this Blizzcon!

Even after last ones with the guy going off-card and asking about the April Fools Joke was probably enough to drive them to change the system, nevermind anticipating a backlash from the Hearthstone Shenanigans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait to see if they are going to have a barren hall or not.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2019-10-23 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    you mean, in the opening ceremonies? Hardly likely. People payed good damn money for tickets, airfare, hotel, ect... they ain't wasting that by sitting out the Opening Ceremonies. Maybe some will sit out of the rest, but sure as spit not that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Surprised?
    Nope. Not at all tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    They had 40,000 people attend last year, and sold out tickets this year months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I’m more excited to see what drama and shenanigans happen from the China fallout than any game blizzard could talk about at this point.
    there wont be any. In reallity the ppl that go there want to hear about game, not about politic bullshit.

And the Q&A are control already after last year problem. So fucking politics lets have a nice blizzcon about games.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL dude really???? are you that blind, all this ppl on internet "defending" or "fighting" for HK, are just that internet ppl.

They are warrior behind a keyboard.

All the ppl going to Blizzcon want to go there outside politics. The place will be pack like always.

Dude.... you serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    They are warrior behind a keyboard.

All the ppl going to Blizzcon want to go there outside politics. The place will be pack like always.
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 1 or 2 cringe "lol HK lol" moments, but who really wants to drop that much on tickets, air fair, hotel, just to risk getting removed from the show. Not only that, I feel the HK crowed is a lot smaller then some people seem to think it is, and the few that are there won't be able to hide behind an ego on a monitor.

We have had some people saying "Blizzcon 2020 is basically going to be a ghost town" which I have to laugh at, do people honestly truly think that the tickets wont be sold out within 60 minutes of going live with a que of 3-4x the people waiting as are tickets available.... or for that matter do people actually think that anyone will even remember this in 4-5 months past the local dredge that love to hang on to any crumbs they are given? lol...
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-10-23 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 1 or 2 cringe "lol HK lol" moments, but who really wants to drop that much on tickets, air fair, hotel, just to risk getting removed from the show. Not only that, I feel the HK crowed is a lot smaller then some people seem to think it is, and the few that are there won't be able to hide behind an ego on a monitor.

We have had some people saying "Blizzcon 2020 is basically going to be a ghost town" which I have to laugh at, do people honestly truly think that the tickets wont be sold out within 60 minutes of going live with a que of 3-4x the people waiting as are tickets available.... or for that matter do people actually think that anyone will even remember this in 4-5 months past the local dredge that love to hang on to any crumbs they are given? lol...
    A lot of people already failed to resist and are conflicted about going back on their words. I saw a tweet literally begging Blizzard to apologize so he can get excited and play their games again. There's a small group of people desperately trying to keep this whole movement alive and it's sad that people who supported them initially already ditched them because they didn't actually care. This outrage is so stupid and fake. People didn't actually care about Hong Kong or Human Rights. People who actually care are the ones who were involved in the issue before this debacle and jumped on this opportunity to raise awareness not the actual gamers.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2019-10-23 at 06:16 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey! What about promisted new wow exp and diablo 4 announcment?