Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    One pretty big issue with the downsides is that they're completely random procs, which makes "just play around them loool" less of an argument. How do you play around 5 voidzones proccing in a row and pushing you out of position? You don't. You just die. At least when it comes to the "you take x% more damage" effect you can figure out whether that causes you to get 1shot or not, and then make an informed decision on whether or not to use it for a certain boss.
    Depends on their procrate though, doesn't it.

If it (on average) procs once every 5 minutes, one might chance it. If its every 10 seconds it's not even a debate. Somewhere in the middle of those is a huge grey area.

Honestly, I don't know how it'll pan out. Far too early to dismiss it out of hand though.

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare they try to do something interesting with gear in an RPG! Instead they should reduce there to only being Agility, Stamina and Strength as stats on gear. I mean don't they realize 100% of the game does Mythic raiding, and as such they should be tuning they entire loot system to this vast majority?

OP: Would you rather they stick with WF/TF gear?

7+ Year Old Account
    just reading a bit in wowhead, not sure if i fully understand but it look fun, i dunno it gives me the rpg vibes, and if get rid of titanforging its good i guess.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-23 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because everyone (who actually tested it) needs to have the same opinion, right? Then again, my first thought wouldn't be "you didn't test it" when you write "DURR ME LOVE IT" but rather think "Whoever tallks like that can safely be ignored"

Because if you really test it on PTR you will not write like a dumb sheep ME LOVE IT YEAH dont be naive as usual.
    Go on PTR, test it and come back, you will not be so eager to throw a ME LOVE IT asap.

Honestly it is an interesting idea, but in the end is just a Benthic 2.0 with a layer of cancer RNG that you can remove with extra GRIND because the string for the Cleanse remove the MALUS not the BONUS so for example

You drop an item that Titanfoge: BONUS you get 4% more haste from all source MALUS you can get a debuff and get 60% more dmg (there is one like that on PTR)

The bonus is clearly trash compared to the malus, but you can still remove the malus and still get the bonus, the problem is that probably the cleanse mechanic or item will be something ultra grindy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    How dare they try to do something interesting with gear in an RPG! Instead they should reduce there to only being Agility, Stamina and Strength as stats on gear. I mean don't they realize 100% of the game does Mythic raiding, and as such they should be tuning they entire loot system to this vast majority?
    I am saving this post for the 8.3 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    You drop an item that Titanfoge: BONUS you get 4% more haste from all source MALUS you can get a debuff and get 60% more dmg (there is one like that on PTR)

The bonus is clearly trash compared to the malus, but you can still remove the malus and still get the bonus, the problem is that probably the cleanse mechanic or item will be something ultra grindy..
    Wtf happened to Blizz' philosophy "we want you to equip the gear as soon as it drops", which was kinda the justification for removal or nearly removal of sockets, reforging and so on ?

Because if you really test it on PTR you will not write like a dumb sheep ME LOVE IT YEAH dont be naive as usual.
    Go on PTR, test it and come back, you will not be so eager to throw a ME LOVE IT asap.

Honestly it is an interesting idea, but in the end is just a Benthic 2.0 with a layer of cancer RNG that you can remove with extra GRIND because the string for the Cleanse remove the MALUS not the BONUS so for example

The bonus is clearly trash compared to the malus, but you can still remove the malus and still get the bonus, the problem is that probably the cleanse mechanic or item will be something ultra grindy.

- - - Updated - - -

You did not test it on the PTR either so what's the point of your rant? You don't even know that new essences reduce corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You did not test it on the PTR either so what's the point of your rant? You don't even know that new essences reduce corruption.
    I actually did test it on the PTR hence why I am blasting the sheep on mmoc that write "lul its good" without having tested it.

People are so naive to call this amazing while ranting for legendaries in legion, not knowing that this new Corrupted/Forged is gonna be an edulcorate legendary system.

When ppl are excited about a system that adds even worse levels of RNG than Titanforging then complain about it. Titanforging is also bad, but Corruption really takes the cake. And this system removes Titanforging, not Warforging? Then you still need a socket and tertiary stat ON TOP of 1 out of 11 Corruption affixes that you want. Good luck playing those odds.

To understand Corruption, think of it as Titanforge ilevels, e.g. your item can get +25 ilevels. Except, sometimes the 25 ilevels will add 0 stats to your gear (a useless Corruption affix) or can add double the stats 25 ilevels give (e.g. CDR, X stat into bis stat, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im having dawn of war 2 flashbacks here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's almost like they want to show us titanforging isn't so bad by showing us titanforging that has shitty mechanics attached. I'm curious how it'll play out in mythic raids where things are already incredibly tight mechanically.

"Yeah, we would have had it 357 attempts ago but Bobs corruption procced and he had to move and that wiped the raid on the only attempt where no one's corruptions procced".
    The death of titanforging had to be epic. It is as if the ability itself has become corrupted - and when we cleanse all of the current old god corruption... so will we cleanse away titanforging forever, both in its natural and its corrupted form.

Well, I don't see how it counters the argument that somebody CAN have tested it and for whatever reason DOES like it.

But yeah...your second part is what I guess it will be. "A layer of RNG with an extra grind on top."

It is what we have been getting since Legion (well, I think there always was grind and RNG,) but these days it never seems to end. A reputation grind used to be done at exalted. Now you can continue it for RNG boxes. An item used to be just that, now it can forge and socket. Or can be upgraded with a currency that you must grind. Or has a currency attached to it that needs to be grinded .... and slots with extra powers on top....which all have several ranks AND are gated behind rep and activities etc)

Could be this time it is made worse because you MUST do the grind. With essences or AP I could at least say "Fuck it, I am done...I don't pursue more"

- - - Updated - - -

Those will be the next incoming topics: "Removing TF / WF killed the game"

Mark my words ^^

The issue is that Blizzard is not really listening the players, people are fine with RNG and GRIND, when it is done in the proper way basically with 1 MAX 2 layers.

But basically RN the Corrupted Gear is something like this

Layer 1 - You have to drop the item you are looking for (stats)
    Layer 2 - Need to TF to be Corrupted
    Layer 3 - Need to have a useful / BiS Bonus
    Layer 4 - Need to grind to cleanse

Not counting PL trade council etc etc

People were just asking for "remove TF, leave the item plain like classic to enforce the value/effort, add something extra for people doing higher content *cough hard modes ulduar*"

and their response is corrupted gear.

- - - Updated - - -

enemies drop items, people dont
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Wtf happened to Blizz' philosophy "we want you to equip the gear as soon as it drops", which was kinda the justification for removal or nearly removal of sockets, reforging and so on ?
    It's been a while since they said that, so it's about time for them to double back and reverse themselves in the name of making things more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Not my job to stay alive. I'm wearing it all and blaming healers.
    You're only proving what I've been saying this entire time. Awful players are the reason why this system is going to be a shit show. I really hope you're trolling if you think it's not your job to do mechanics.

That old adage remains true to this day. If a tank dies, it's likely the healers fault. If the healer dies, it's likely the tanks fault. If a DPS dies, it's his fault.

And actually, at 60 corruption you gain a PERMANENT debuff reducing healing taken by 60% while increasing damage taken by 60%, SCALING UP with corruption. You have 15 gear slots, Heart can't be corrupt i'm guessing, and item tooltips seem to show an average of 20 per item. That's 280 corruption, depending on how hard it scales, you'll likely end up with 100% healing reduction with double or more damage taken.

Have fun never grouping again.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-10-23 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    enemies drop items, people dont
    Nice meme

---------------------

By the way there is an initial list of the benthic 2.0 passive

Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to X% of your Haste.
    Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by X%.
    Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by X%.
    Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by X%.
    Increases the amount of Versatility you gain from all sources by X%.
    X% of total Health Regeneration now continues during Combat.
    Increases your healing received from all sources by X%.
    Increases your Leech by X%.
    Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you a Flash of Clarity, reducing the cooldown of your next 3 spells cast by 2 sec.
    Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by X%.
    Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by X%.

Now, the secondary stats bonus seems to be a solid 4%, but the price you are going to pay in Corruption threshold isnt really worthy, maybe the Flash of Clarity if it is something like the Mechagon Cloth Bracers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The death of titanforging had to be epic. It is as if the ability itself has become corrupted - and when we cleanse all of the current old god corruption... so will we cleanse away titanforging forever, both in its natural and its corrupted form.
    Titanforging isn't the greatest system, but at least it doesn't have drastic downsides like this system does. At worst you can't trade a few items, which sucks but in the end doesn't make a huge difference, especially when you factor in how many titanforged items do get used in your raid.

This system is going to make pugs absolutely awful, and I'd be willing to be more pugs happen than organized raids.

Not to mention all the extra simming. I chuckled when I read "We want you to be able to look at a piece of gear and know right away if its an upgrade," this pushes us so far from that it hurts.

Those will be the next incoming topics: "Removing TF / WF killed the game"

Mark my words ^^
    Oh yeah. And it will be written by people who, like the "WF/TF Killed the game" folks, do not understand what Watcher has said over and over and over and over and over about why it is there.

I actually did test it on the PTR hence why I am blasting the sheep on mmoc that write "lul its good" without having tested it.

People are so naive to call this amazing while ranting for legendaries in legion, not knowing that this new Corrupted/Forged is gonna be an edulcorate legendary system.
    Oh really? You've tested the system by buying the bunch of items from PTR vendor? Lol.

You don't know drop rates, negative and positive corruption modifiers, item bonuses, way to cleanse the items. You know less than Wowhead basically.
    Last edited by LazarusLong; 2019-10-23 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Oh really? You've tested the system by buying the bunch of items from PTR vendor? Lol.
    I thought that russian bot, were at least intelligent like a primate.

Me Bought the item.
    Me tested it in dungeon since it works outside raid too.

You understood? Banana?