Poll: Which faction would you join?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question If you could leave your current faction...

Seriously,at this point I think a term such as "faction pride" is dead. The Alliance players were never obsessed with shouting "FOR THE ALLIANCE", while the Horde players - well, I think that some of them will still proudly shout "FOR THE HORDE" but their numbers will decrease singnificantly. Why so? Well, because after this bullshit we had in BfA, I think, that Horde will not recuperate after the whole damage upon their pride as a faction, that has always struggled to portray themselves as misunderstood rebels that fight over their place under the sun. After Saurfang's death, despite that I'm an Alliance player myself, I truly start to see the Horde as nothing but a subfaction of Alliance, which still exists only because Anduin didn't end it after he had a chance.

On the other hand,I see fellow Alliance players who also are quite pissed about this "peace", Baine having a lovely evening in Stormwind's Steakhouse and Teldrassil conveniently deleted from the memories of the followers of Anduin. Actually, I have to congratulate the Blizzard for completing something, they haven't before - they pissed off the majority of the WoW's playerbase (from the both factions),who care about the lore - usually it's a one side that is mad.

So, I know that this wouldn't ever happen, but at this point, if you would have a chance, would you leave the current faction you're a member of and join some other, already existing faction? Also, if you're a supporter of Tyrande/Sylvanas, would you leave your current faction for good and join their's?

P.S - added a poll. There're way more factions than I've put in the poll,so feel free to post your pick in comment!
    Last edited by Felixon; 2019-10-24 at 05:21 AM.
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me of the Negan and the saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and,eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".

I would gladly remove all Horde insignia out of my in-game interface and join Sylvanas.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah absolutely. We know ourselves by our enemies. We need our opposition because it defines the boundaries of who we are as individuals by contrast, and those distinctions make the world interesting. Play musical chairs, sure, move things around, but mix all the paint and you’re gonna get a big boring blob of gray.

Honestly I prefer the Alliance but I would follow Sylvanas to the grave. She’s so cunning. Tyrande is my second pick, but she’s just kind of flat and blinded by rage rather than interesting and nuanced and big picture like Sylvanas (though she may be blinded by hopelessness herself). I’d mostly just be following Genn. The game needs instigators, men and women of action, to keep the ball rolling. They’re the most fun to follow. I was a huge fan of Garrosh up until the racism too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

5+ Year Old Account
    My BE Mage would probably join the remains of the Burning Legion, if only to remember the good ol' days at Netherstorm, sucking a !@#$load of pure, unadulterated mana along with your pals.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bring back class orders, the only factions that made sense.

If the game wasn't forced into two-faction system, that's how it would logically go post-Legion. Some class orders would join into a single faction (priest + pally worked together a lot, I guess druid+shaman would find a common ground as well).

And if not, mercenary for Dalaran/Kirin Tor, because Khadgar always tries to save the world.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is so ridiculous and I have no idea how anyone can be so affected by this game's story that this topic comes up again and again and again. I can understand emotionally investing yourself in a story, I get that, I really do, but this shit seems so weird to me.

WoW's story will always be volatile and inconclusive, characters will always act one way or another to keep the plot going even if its seemingly out of no where, just seems risky to me to invest so much in something so unstable.

OT: I would personally stay on the Alliance so long as they respect my right to interact with the Horde as I wish. Essentially I would act with the greater good in mind but I would want to be associated with the Blue team and have my actions contribute to what they're known for. It would be awhile before my character would stick his neck out for anyone on the Horde since he would take a long time to forgive them, but he would still help out those in need, Horde or otherwise.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I've never cared one bit about faction allegience. Been swapping between factions freely over the course of the game, playing mostly horde in the later expansions simply because of the raiding scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    OT: I would personally stay on the Alliance so long as they respect my right to interact with the Horde as I wish.
    Actually you can,all you need to do is to go to Legion Dalaran and buy an elixir, that allows you to understand what the Horde players are saying - quite popular amongst the gankers. Hell, on the European realms there's a group of people from both factions,who hang around the Rebel Camp every single day. Horde players are killing low levels and the Alliance players there just ignore it cause "they're friends with the Horde".
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me of the Negan and the saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and,eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".

Sylvanas / Death God or Scourge

for Alliance - Tyrande I guess, lesser evil compared to Anduin and his chief advisor Baine

NZoth is cool, but his goose is almost cooked .. so Id rather join maybe the greater Void faction/the Void Lords

Naga is alright too .. can serve Azshara, especially if she turns back to an elf hottie ^^

Currently Black Moon seems to be the most compelling, but i would wait and see what EXACTLY Tyrande is up to. Taking back ALL of the Night Elven lands the Horde stole? Hell yes. Attacking the Horde somewhere else where it does not help the Kaldorei in any way? No thanks. I can stay with Andiun and attack Troll cities for no reason if that was what i am after.

At this point we have absolutely no idea what Tyrande is standing for.

I would certainly not stay with the Alliance, that much is certain. Even 2 years later i have not seen a single soldier of any race other than Worgen join the Battle for Darkshore. What good are allies that don't do shit when your children get burned?
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-10-24 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Currently Black Moon seems to be the most compelling, but i would wait and see what EXACTLY Tyrande is up to. Taking back ALL of the Night Elven lands the Horde stole? Hell yes. Attacking the Horde somewhere else where it does not help the Kaldorei in any way? No thanks. I can stay with Andiun and attack Troll cities for no reason if that was what i am after.

At this point we have absolutely no idea what Tyrande is standing for.

I would certainly not stay with the Alliance, that much is certain. Even 2 years later i have not seen a single soldier of any race other than Worgen join the Battle for Darkshore. What good are allies that don't do shit when your children get burned?
    Blizzard will force Tyrande to do something especially stupid, that "lorewise" would make her look bad in the eyes of both Alliance and the Horde. For example, she could assasinate Baine.

tyrande for sure, at the moment Im pissed by anduin if not more than horde.

if tyrande goes out as an option, my night elf DK will surely leave alliance to fully rejoin Ebon hold/scourge

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande because enough is enough. Tired of forgiveness.

I always liked the scourge. Though it remains to be seen what Bolvar is really planning on doing as the current LK. I'd rather not just be a mindless undead either, I guess.

Depends on my characters i guess? I think my Blood Elf Warlock / Blood Mage based on TFT Blood Elves would fit best into an Illidari like faction of Blood Elves, Naga and some Demons like it existed in TFT.

My Orcs would fit best into a faction like the Iron Horde.

Both don't exist, so my characters would do their own thing i guess.

Twilights hammer

Having a bunch of cultists do your every whim summoning faceless ones to mow down your every enemy as you summon eldritch horrors from the void?

Seems like a great bargain
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes, oh god yes I would.

But I want Quel’thalas to leave with me.

I was a Sylvanas loyalist during the campaign but she was never the ideal choice. Today I’d much rather see Quel’thalas become an independent state, the Horde has shown it’s too unstable to be worth remaining a part of and we don’t need to fear retaliation for leaving now that the Forsaken are gone and the Horde’s led by a bunch of limp-dicked Anduinites.

I’m done with the Horde, there’s nothing of value there. If I’m not allowed any choices beyond what we’ve already got then I’ll stick with Sylvanas out of spite.

As an independent state, Quel’thalas would be able to kick the mudhuts out of the city and be much more restrictive on who they let in. They could still get involved in global offensives (Purely to grab more tech like the Blood Golems), but they’d never have to worry about the Horde having another civil war or Alliance aggression.

If I can’t take Quel’thalas with me than any faction that’ll fight the Kirin Tor and Kul Tiras. Rogue Sunreavers for the former. Maybe a pirate or something for attacking the latter.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-10-24 at 09:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now its bit tricky, since i bet there is more people who dislike the current faction than like it, i doubt people want the peace shit we are getting

For me Dark or Iron horde, if not Burning Legion for sure, set the universe on fire, i rather be a demon than a zombie
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-24 at 09:43 AM.

I would stay with the Zandalari Empire. Rebuild, recruit all trolls on Azeroth, bring these savages up to speed on magic and such and then grind everyone else to dust.

Definitely Scourge/ death faction. Nothing lasts!