Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet you act like one.

LMAO you act like it's hard for the Government to Collect information about you.
    And how do they do it, I am trying to make a point but instead of following the path of logic you continue to make pointless post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You are basically saying if someone can't hit a fastball then they also cannot use stairs.
    That is probably one of the worst analogies I have ever heard. Let me make mine more on point. Why should someone who up to a baseball game if they refused to buy tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    And how do they do it, I am trying to make a point but instead of following the path of logic you continue to make pointless post.
    Says the person who doesn't realize how easily this can be achieved, but then again that's not surprising because you seem to have done no research yet again before speaking out.

That is probably one of the worst analogies I have ever heard. Let me make mine more of a point. Why should someone who up to a baseball game if they refused to buy tickets?
    lmao. whut?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Do you support a quiz for everyone who wants to vote about the consitution, laws and processes? Of course they need to pass to be eligable to vote.

If you're too lazy to research the processes and norms of the political system you want to be part of, what's the point in voting?
    One answer. It's a Constitutional right here. No other explanation is needed.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Says the person who doesn't realize how easily this can be achieved, but then again that's not surprising because you seem to have done no research yet again before speaking out.

lmao.
    So please explain how the government know where to register you at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with it but it is in the interest of democracy loving republican lawmakers to limit voting as much as they can, gerrymandering is their hobby after all.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, there's a trend in the US where we claim things are impossible even while other nations are doing it right in front of us.
    And America is already behind in Infrastructure among other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Research it yourself if you really care about it (you most likely won't because we all know you most likely don't give a crap), but then again it just seems like you're pointlessly arguing because you can.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

If you're too lazy to register to vote you probably too lazy to research who you're voting for, thus whats it the point of you voting if you don't care? Do you think people who are too lazy to register will show up to vote?
    Please tell me all about the county commissioner you voted for and the one you didn't last year. Since you're such an informed voter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    One answer. It's a Constitutional right here. No other explanation is needed.
    As you didn't bring up the "if you're not informing yourself" argument, i thank you for your response, but you weren't really the person i was asking.

By your place of residency?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Odd that you need to register in the US. Everyone in Denmark get's an election card mailed. Bring it with your ID on election day, not a big issue.

For comparison, the voter turnout in the US for the 2016 election was 60.2% vversus 84.5% in the Danish 2019 election, which was even lower than the previous election.

Can only conclude that the others are right, and of course Republicans like Zenkai will make up any BS argument for not removing a unnecessary registration process.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you get mail when you move omg the magic postal office!
    Doesn't Denmark have mandatory voting? Or am I thinking of another European country?

The voting registry does not know you have moved, until you register again after you have. They do not keep that close of ties to the voters movements.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

And America is already behind in Infrastructure among other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Research it yourself if you really care about it (you most likely won't because we all know you most likely don't give a crap), but then again it just seems like you're pointlessly arguing because you can.
    Since you refuse to answer a question because you're either unwilling or unable I will explain it to you

They know where to send you to vote because you register your change of address, during this process you can register to vote at the same time. So if you do the first step what does it matter ifyou sign up to vote or have it automatically done, both take the same first step

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Doesn't Denmark have mandatory voting? Or am I thinking of another European country?

The voting registry does not know you have moved, until you register again after you have. They do not keep that close of ties to the voters movements.
    Do you have to register when moving in the US? In my country it is actually illegal to move addresses without notifying a government agency, so their records are mostly up to date for every citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    By your place of residency?
    Correct, and when you register where you live you get the option to vote at the same time. Those who do not register elected not to, or moved and never notified the government.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have to register when moving in the US? In my country it is actually illegal to move addresses without notifying a government agency, so their records are mostly up to date for every citizen.
    Yes, you have to do it within 2 weeks andwhen you do it you have the option to register to vote at the same time. Then I get a card in the mail telling me where I have to vote at.

Correct, and when you register where you live you get the option to vote at the same time.
    So, why should it not be done automatically?

Correct, and when you register where you live you get the option to vote at the same time.Those who do not register elected not to, or moved and never notified the government.
    Still doesn't explain what is wrong with Auto Registry.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like his only argument is because it's not possible which is untrue lmao.

This is pretty much a non issue. if they want to make it automatically instead of elected, fine, but both take the same first step of registering where you live.

- - - Updated - - -

I am pointing out there it's a non issue, not against it just don't think people understand how it would work because they don't understand logistics.

This is pretty much a non issue.
    So you were pointless arguing for no reason like usual.

but both take the same first step of registering where you live.
    This makes no sense.

I am pointing out there it's a non issue, not against it just don't think people understand how it would work because they don't understand logistics.
    LMAO. aka Arguing about a non issue for the sake of it.

So you were pointless arguing for no reason like usual.

This makes no sense.
    Yes it does, if they government doesn't know where I live how can I be registered in the right local and state elections? This is a rather common sense thing all voters should know. It's rather disturbing you didn't know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not here. I mean if you are getting Social Security you will have to notify them of a change of address if you want to get notices of any changes. You do to vote again at the new place you moved to. They check your current address when you vote by checking the evidence you are who you say you are when you vote. At least here in Ohio.

Not against it, but you are trying to say it's impossible despite other countries doing it. Hmm...