Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    I doubt that cynical outlook on life helps you when you get in the same situation as those people you think should "die".
    ah are you a progressive? did I say ppl should die? I said the protests can die, don't distort what I said.

Go to the china embassy and protest. Protesting at blizzcon wouldnt do jack shit for HK. Its just grandstanding as all you lost souls want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we won't get any more questions like why don't raids have ceilings I'm cool with whatever.

The internet questions were much better.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

The answer to this question is BEYOND obvious.

Watch last year's Q&A, and the answer to your question should be staring at you in the face. They were embarrassed as fuck. A AAA game studio like that can't afford to be made a fool of like that again. (Yet BFA exists, so...)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    I believe this is a huge reason wether or not they will admit to it that has boiled down to why they wont take questions directly from the audience.
    For people that claim to defend the truth you really lie a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellyel View Post
    ah are you a progressive? did I say ppl should die? I said the protests can die, don't distort what I said.

Go to the china embassy and protest. Protesting at blizzcon wouldnt do jack shit for HK. Its just grandstanding as all you lost souls want to do.
    It's always easier to "protest" on twitter or gaming forum than actually do anything that matters even a little - for example investigating where and how products you use are made.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-10-24 at 04:28 PM.

Its very simple. they were very embarrassed last year with the april fools question. add onto this year with the china issues and they are simply trying to prevent anyone from disturbing their presentation or asking "hard" or embarrassing questions to which they have no answer, they are desperate that blizzcon 2018 not repeat itself.. they lost billions over it. so now instead of a live event with real questions.. you will get canned questions and a completely moderated event to put blizzard in the best light possible.

(Ill go one step further and say that the potential for it to be on video delay exists so they can edit out anything that gets through. )
    Last edited by McTurbo; 2019-10-24 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they are not lying though....

Why is OP lying?

From 2018
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/worl...-blizzcon-2018

Like every year, it's to avoid derailment. Before we've had people get on their to gripe about things they didn't like in the game, or about a game itself. So of course they do screening where's the lie or problem in that? And it makes sense they'd double down on that now more than ever doesn't it? Hong Kong politics are still burning them up, and we already have enough of that in every corner of the internet that involves a Blizzard game. People still going on a Blizzard crusade is the pinnacle of slacktivism. If they really wanted to get involved they would take their complaints to an actual platform for Hong Kong's politics and learn how they can actually make a difference.

Instead what you have is people derailing topics and game discussions where it will never effect HK because what happened at Blizzard is another symptom of the larger problem with China's government, and happens with a lot of companies & corporations. I Think by now most of us that are still paying attention to the games don't really care to have Blizzcon interrupted by more of the same, so I welcome the screening. Ofc the irony now is that i've inadvertently derailed for the very same reason I criticized.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-10-24 at 04:42 PM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Such outrage. Wow.

To add, i'm happy about it. I don't care about your political movements and outrages, keep them out of gaming and its platforms. Seriously.

Wanna protest in Blizzcon? Instead of traveling to California, travel to Hong Kong and support them there.

Good for Blizzard. Everyone getting all worked up over their "HK" response. If you want to stand with HK throw out all your made in china stuff and really make a stand.

Politics shouldn't be in games. I use games to escape IRL, so the further they remove themselves from that the better.

Been playing Blizzard games since WC1 on a turd of a machine. Love their games, don't give a crap about what they say or how they reacted. Blizzard has given me thousands of hours of pure entertainment for my downtime over the years and I plan to be loyal for a long time. Buying every blizz game they will ever release.
    Last edited by Dimsum84; 2019-10-24 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Prescreening doesn't matter. It's about whether you get to ask the question yourself or not, because you can always pretend to want to ask a different question for the prescreening. Just like the Diablo guy did last year.
    So in essence you are mad that blizzard stopped trusting their audience because the audience fucked them over with lying on pre-screening?

because people that ask the questions don't always have the best intention in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't really. They can't stop patting themselves on the back for supporting LGBT and racial diversity in their games.

It's not that they don't want to get invoived in any real life things. It's just that they don't want to offend their Pandaren overlords.
    how long u think before they start attack it again because china is still criminalizing it?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    They recently announced that they will be prescreening questions at Blzzcon. This likely means people won't get to ask the questions themselves, but that they will be read by a presenter. For most Blizzcons people were able to get on the mic and ask the questions themselves. Now Blizzard is pretending that this has always been the case.
    Is this your first Blizzcon? Oh no it isn't because you mention previous years.

Did you know that questions have always been pre-screened? Oh you did, because you're trying to tell people who told you that they've always pre-screened as something you know.

Then the bold just makes you look silly and other words I can't say due to Forum Guidelines. In this case though, you're basically like this meme

So, not today Satan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyel View Post

protesting in china embassy won't do sh8t, they don't care about how they look in eyes of world, best to do is actually hurt them in that way
    china never complained about protesters against them anywhere, but they banned winnie the pooh for the strange idea he resemble their president (seriously he doesn't, but that's good)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It's funny that people think Blizzard will allow any kind of unscripted question, or even allow congoers anywhere near a live mic. That's just BEGGING for someone to scream "FREE HONGKONG" into the mic, or some other joke/meme.

All of the questions are going to be pre-screened by moderators and then asked by the moderators. Regular attendees will not be allowed anywhere near a mic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimsum84 View Post
    throw out all your made in china stuff
    yeah lemme just toss out over half the things I own, that will make china do something, for sure

They recently announced that they will be prescreening questions at Blzzcon. This likely means people won't get to ask the questions themselves, but that they will be read by a presenter. For most Blizzcons people were able to get on the mic and ask the questions themselves. Now Blizzard is pretending that this has always been the case.

This is simply a lie. It hasn't always been like that. Last year or the year before, when Panser read questions from the internet, they first alternated between reading internet questions and questions from the audience. However as the session progressed, they stopped taking questions from the audience and most of the questions ended up being from the internet.

This is the next step of that, completely getting rid of the interaction with the audience. It's true that even the Diablo question last year got screened first, and the guy pretended he wanted to ask a question about the inspiration for the game, but then had the chance, on the mic, to ask a different question. That was just last year. Now Blizzard is getting rid of that element. It has not always been like this.
    Yes, they've been screening questions for years. Diablo RedShirt guy even admitted that he lied about his question to get on the mic.

15+ Year Old Account
    They dont want a repeat of "is this an out of date aprilsfool" guy who lied to the questionscreener.
    Also China money.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Blizzard pre-screens questions because Blizzcon is theater, not an open and frank discussion. Everything feeds into hyping the new products being announced and/or to be entertaining/cheerful for the audience both at the con and at home.

This is simply a lie. It hasn't always been like that. Last year or the year before, when Panser read questions from the internet, they first alternated between reading internet questions and questions from the audience. However as the session progressed, they stopped taking questions from the audience and most of the questions ended up being from the internet.

This is the next step of that, completely getting rid of the interaction with the audience. It's true that even the Diablo question last year got screened first, and the guy pretended he wanted to ask a question about the inspiration for the game, but then had the chance, on the mic, to ask a different question. That was just last year. Now Blizzard is getting rid of that element. It has not always been like this.
    it has been like that for the last few years, you had to submit your question earlier at the DMF and then they contact you and tell you that your question has been aproved and you can ask the devs, same thing happened last year aswell with the "is this an OoS april fools joke" the dude submited a different question and then said the famous (or infamous) line

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather have pre-filtered questions than a bunch of nerds who yell "free hong kong" or "boycott blizz", not because they care but because they want their 10minutes of internet fame.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..