Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    You need to convince gun owners that new laws will actually do something to reduce gun crime.
    *sips tea and points at literally every other developed country in the world*

We have. They ignore it, because gun ownership in America is a nationalistic cult and not in fact a rational decision as people keep insisting it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Well that is a wonderful conspiracy with no basis in fact and no proof other than a 12 year olds recollection.....

Lets see...oh pictures....proof:

http://csweb.brookings.edu/content/r...un-safety.html

On April 17, 2013, Sandy Hook Promise families got a bitter taste of Senate procedure and gun politics after the defeat of a bipartisan compromise to require criminal background checks for all commercial gun purchases. Mark Barden, left, who lost his son Daniel in Newtown said: "We return home for now, disappointed but not defeated. We return home with a determination that change will happen, maybe not today but soon." L-R: Mark Barden; former Rep. Gabby Giffords; Neil Heslin, father of Jesse Lewis; President Barak Obama; Vice President Joe Biden; Jackie Barden, with daughter Natalie; and Nicole Hockley, mother of Dylan.

https://www.theday.com/article/20130321/NWS12/130329912

Published March 21. 2013 4:00PM | Updated March 21. 2013 4:31PM

NEW YORK (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and parents who lost children in the Newtown school massacre met Thursday to redouble efforts for tougher gun restrictions after a setback in Congress, challenging lawmakers to look beyond the politics that appear likely to doom a proposed assault weapons ban.
    confused the bother just said “This is a lie,” Lewis writes in a Twitter message about Biden’s claim. “Obama came to Sandy Hook and met with every family. Joe Biden DID NOT. and as proof that he is lying is a picture of them together months later in NY?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The article Ghostpanther linked says:
    "Biden addressed Sandy Hook family members June 15, 2016, CBS News reported, but it was unclear whether all families were represented."

Seems perfectly logical that not every family went to the later event and that he did not meet all of them.
    In his defense, of course, is that his claim is "I think I met", so it's just another "Uncle Joe's meandering memory moment", not a conspiracy theory.
    In a campaign video, Joe Biden claims he met with all families affected by the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting in Connecticut.
    "I think I met with every one of the parents," he continues, "and ... the families of those who were lost."

There is a god damn picture of the two.....in 2013 after a meeting with them....

According to news stories he has met with the father at least 2 times.

Supports exactly what Biden said.

"I think I met with every one of the parents," he continues, "and ... the families of those who were lost."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    confused the bother just said “This is a lie,” Lewis writes in a Twitter message about Biden’s claim. “Obama came to Sandy Hook and met with every family. Joe Biden DID NOT. and as proof that he is lying is a picture of them together months later in NY?
    No Biden did not say he went to sandy hook and met with every family...

The story as told in the fox link was Biden said

This particular Lewis family did in fact meet with Biden several times after the shooting. there are pictures and stories printed, just google it.
    The father has a different last name btw....

So where is the lie?

But JT Lewis, 19, whose brother Jesse, 6, was killed in the attack, which happened just 11 days before Christmas, says former President Obama met with each of the grieving families after the Newtown shooting — not Biden.

There is a picture of Biden meeting with Lewis father....sigh....

This is a lie. Obama came to Sandy Hook and met with every family. Joe Biden DID NOT.

Biden never said he went to Sandy Hook
    Again right from the fox report ""I think I met with every one of the parents," he continues, "and ... the families of those who were lost.".

he also said
    ..…"I met with the police officers...."
    for which he did meet with them as well....

the full video link to biden is on the fox report. go watch it.
    I think JT Lewis needs to watch the full video and comment it in the context of the actual video instead of taking the edits and fox news out of context version of the history.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

We have. They ignore it, because gun ownership in America is a nationalistic cult and not in fact a rational decision as people keep insisting it is.
    Nothing he proposed in his post was done in other countries and actually had an effect. They just banned guns or severely restricted them to get any positive results, things that would violate the 2nd amendment in the US.

Banning guns, or just handguns would definitely lower gun crime, but we all know neither is going to happen here.

In a campaign video, Joe Biden claims he met with all families affected by the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting in Connecticut.

There is a god damn picture of the two.....in 2013 after a meeting with them....

Supports exactly what Biden said.

- - - Updated - - -

No Biden did not say he went to sandy hook and met with every family...

The story as told in the fox link was Biden said

This particular Lewis family did in fact meet with Biden several times after the shooting. there are pictures and stories printed, just google it.
    The father has a different last name btw....

So where is the lie?

But JT Lewis, 19, whose brother Jesse, 6, was killed in the attack, which happened just 11 days before Christmas, says former President Obama met with each of the grieving families after the Newtown shooting — not Biden.

There is a picture of Biden meeting with Lewis father....sigh....

This is a lie. Obama came to Sandy Hook and met with every family. Joe Biden DID NOT.

Biden never said he went to Sandy Hook
    Again right from the fox report ""I think I met with every one of the parents," he continues, "and ... the families of those who were lost.".

he also said
    ..…"I met with the police officers...."
    for which he did meet with them as well....

the full video link to biden is on the fox report. go watch it.
    I think JT Lewis needs to watch the full video and comment it in the context of the actual video instead of taking the edits and fox news out of context version of the history.
    Like how it swaps between families and one parent...

if he meet just the day in NY at some speaking thing fairly user the kid would not know about it too (he's part of the family I would think) *meet just happen to be speaking at the same place.

*but looking at the quote the kid said, he didn't get anything wrong, best defense for Biden so far is he dad bumped into him months later at a NY conf on gun control.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-10-24 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Nothing he proposed in his post was done in other countries and actually had an effect. They just banned guns or severely restricted them to get any positive results, things that would violate the 2nd amendment in the US.

Banning guns, or just handguns would definitely lower gun crime, but we all know neither is going to happen here.
    Okay, so you agree that it isn't actually a function of demonstrating whether or not anything can be done about gun violence, it's literally a cultish adherence to an anachronistic constitutional provision.

:thumbsup:
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Like how it swaps between families and one parent...

if he meet just the day in NY at some speaking thing fairly user the kid would not know about it too (he's part of the family I would think) *meet just happen to be speaking at the same place.
    OMG really this is your argument? They were divorced.....years before the shooting.

Should they have brought along the grandparents too? How about aunts and uncles?
    Do you always bring 6-8 year olds to big meetings about gun control and other adult topics?

Now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

OMG really this is your argument? They were divorced.....years before the shooting.

Should they have brought along the grandparents too? How about aunts and uncles?
    Do you always bring 6-8 year olds to big meetings about gun control and other adult topics?

Now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    again nothing the kid said was wrong, nothing fuzzy over 12 years crap, he said Biden didn't come and meet them, all you have is his dad bumped into him at a conf in NY months later. (seems more like just a accident than going to meet)

again nothing the kid said was wrong, nothing fuzzy over 12 years crap, he said Biden didn't come and meet them, all you have is his dad bumped into him at a conf in NY months later. (seems more like just a accident than going to meet)
    Yes it was.
    Biden did not say what the kid said he did...did not claim what the kid claimed he did...…

\ all you have is his dad bumped into him at a conf in NY months later. (seems more like just a accident than going to meet)
    sigh did you even read the articles???? It was a meeting and the after press conference after the vote failed.....holy fuck kid

BIDEN SAID : "I think I met with every one of the parents," he continues, "and ... the families of those who were lost."

KID SAID: This is a lie. Obama came to Sandy Hook and met with every family. Joe Biden DID NOT.

KID SAID: But JT Lewis, 19, whose brother Jesse, 6, was killed in the attack, which happened just 11 days before Christmas, says former President Obama met with each of the grieving families after the Newtown shooting — not Biden.

Biden met specifically with Lewis' father and a group of family members from sandy hook on that day.

Show me where the hell Biden said he came to sandy hook and met with every family. The whole video is posted in the fox report.

I'll wait...

I won't even go into the fact that Biden made it clear in that statement he is not 100% sure he met with "everyone"....I am sure there were parents whom said fuck off to the entire idea of meeting with anyone in the Obama administration or any politician after that happened.

But keep stretching kid, I'll wait for you to show me Biden said what the kid is claiming he did......He took Biden's statement completely out of context.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Yes it was.
    Biden did not say what the kid said he did...did not claim what the kid claimed he did...…

sigh did you even read the articles???? It was a meeting and the after press conference after the vote failed.....holy fuck kid

BIDEN SAID : "I think I met with every one of the parents," he continues, "and ... the families of those who were lost."

KID SAID: This is a lie. Obama came to Sandy Hook and met with every family. Joe Biden DID NOT.

KID SAID: But JT Lewis, 19, whose brother Jesse, 6, was killed in the attack, which happened just 11 days before Christmas, says former President Obama met with each of the grieving families after the Newtown shooting — not Biden.

Biden met specifically with Lewis' father and a group of family members from sandy hook on that day.

Show me where the hell Biden said he came to sandy hook and met with every family. The whole video is posted in the fox report.

I'll wait...

I won't even go into the fact that Biden made it clear in that statement he is not 100% sure he met with "everyone"....I am sure there were parents whom said fuck off to the entire idea of meeting with anyone in the Obama administration or any politician after that happened.

But keep stretching kid, I'll wait for you to show me Biden said what the kid is claiming he did......He took Biden's statement completely out of context.
    where did the kid lie, other than coming out like Obama did, saying Biden "met with" is a bit of a major stretch, closer to bumped into the father at a banquet room months later in NY City hall seems to be way more accurate.

*seen the video of Biden the kid was commenting on talking about how he met up with them talked to them and sat down and talked to them., as of right now I see no reason to think the kid is lying when he said it's false over one picture of his dad and Biden shaking hands at a gun control conf later on.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-10-24 at 10:51 PM.

where did the kid lie, other than coming out like Obama did, saying Biden "met with" is a bit of a major stretch, closer to bumped into the father at a banquet room months later in NY City hall seems to be way more accurate.

\.
    You keep saying this but he met him during an official meeting with Biden and others regarding gun control, the gun bill vote that was due then the press conference after the vote failed……

sigh....

I already stated the facts time to move on you keep ignoring what was said by Biden and what was said by the kid.

You still haven't even answered my simple question so why bother.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You keep saying this but he met him during an official meeting with Biden and others regarding gun control, the gun bill vote that was due then the press conference after the vote failed……

sigh....

I already stated the facts time to move on you keep ignoring what was said by Biden and what was said by the kid.

You still haven't even answered my simple question so why bother.
    From what I can tell in your link they were invited by Bloomberg to speak to the room *sorry re-read your link invited to speak at a "news conference" still nothing with Biden being there to "met up" with them and talk with the parents, again nothing there disproves what the kid was saying (did you even watch the video of Biden he was responding to)

Somehow his dad and Biden shaking hands at a New conference put on by the Mayor of new York is proof Biden went out to speak (Met up with) that kids dad.

*Your entire basis of stating
    Well that is a wonderful conspiracy with no basis in fact and no proof other than a 12 year olds recollection.....
    is because of a picture at a new conference Bloomberg put on with them shaking hands on the stage, you have a odd meaning of "met up with"
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-10-25 at 12:09 AM.

There's a picture with Biden meeting JT Lewis?

If the parents are divorced and the mother and child were not invited due to their gun stance, it fits what he is saying. Even if his father was invited, he didn't meet with all the parents and families.

I'm not really sure why it matters to set the record straight one way or the other, since I everyone pretty much knows Biden wants to pass gun control and the rest is just an extension of that policy anyway.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

All those countries with governments who step on their people, I bet the citizens wish they were armed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    All those countries with governments who step on their people, I bet the citizens wish they were armed.
    Why? It didn't stop any instance of tyranny in the United States, let alone elsewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Let me know how your Ar-15 works against a stealth bomber, or a drone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Let me know how your Ar-15 works against a stealth bomber, or a drone.
    Let me know how it goes when soldiers are given the order to drop those bombs on people on home soil.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Let me know how it goes when soldiers are given the order to drop those bombs on people on home soil.
    There you go, so there no danger of attack. Why do you need a gun then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    There you go, so there no danger of attack. Why do you need a gun then?
    Wow. So you don't acknowledge anything between "no danger of attack" and "dropping bombs on American soil"? What a peculiarly hyperbolic view you have of things.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    lmao did they really say that? Holy shit! Good answer though.