Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

jordan peterson claims "lion diet" of only meat cures depression and anxiety

Ah hes really owning those social justice

"checks notes"

professionals who've done years of clincal research proving the efectiveness of anti depression medication. Clearly if you just change your diet you dont need any depression meds! this guys is an intellectual.

I wonder where this jordan fellow is right now....oh hes in rehab because he got addicted to depression drugs...huh weird seems like he must not of used his own diet..
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2019-10-26 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordan Peterson is a moron and I'm glad to hear rumors he's gone to rehab. JP is the definition of snake oil salesman.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Crazy man who lies for money lies to try and make more money, I’m sure some people will still eat it up.

Man, this really bums me out. When I tink about all the time and effort I spent trying to prove what a fucking imbecile JP is...he goes out and puts out a book that does a better job of it than I ever could :P

He started out well, but man he seems to have gone off the deep end lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    you can follow his path of going "off the deep end"(& right wing rhetoric)with bigger pay checks

10+ Year Old Account
    This is Scientology levels of batshit, honestly.

7+ Year Old Account
    An all meat diet sounds good but I can't give up things like bread, dairy, fruits, and veggies. They taste too good.

Peterson is very knowledgeable overall which is why I don't understand why he takes religion seriously. It's like they're 95% nonsense but he mainly emphasizes the few parts of a religion that happen to sound rational.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    He started out lying about basic stuff any one could check easily and morons ate it up. That’s not very good.

Dr. Shawn Baker? He's a laughing stock. Have you seen the videos on YouTube of his blood test results after being on a carnivore diet? His testosterone levels are that of a 90 year old and and his fasting glucose is in the diabetic blood sugar range.

Regardless, this is such dangerous information. There is no one treatment for depression because it's caused by different things for different people. Low folate is one and you won't be getting adequate amounts of folate from meat. Inflammation is another and a carnivore diet is highly inflammatory. Depending on what the root cause of a person's depression is, this diet could make their symptoms substantially worse.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    He started out lying about basic stuff any one could check easily and morons ate it up. That’s not very good.
    Let's not forget digging up idiotic Nazi conspiracy propaganda and acting like it was true. That was the original mountain of bullshit he climbed to prominence upon; Nazi horseshit that he's too fucking stupid to see is bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Let's not forget digging up idiotic Nazi conspiracy propaganda and acting like it was true. That was the original mountain of bullshit he climbed to prominence upon; Nazi horseshit that he's too fucking stupid to see is bullshit.
    ah I think i missed that one. when one man has so much bull its hard to get it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Dr. Shawn Baker? He's a laughing stock. Have you seen the videos on YouTube of his blood test results after being on a carnivore diet? His testosterone levels are that of a 90 year old and and his fasting glucose is in the diabetic blood sugar range.

Regardless, this is such dangerous information. There is no one treatment for depression because it's caused by different things for different people. Low folate is one and you won't be getting adequate amounts of folate from meat. Inflammation is another and a carnivore diet is highly inflammatory. Depending on what the root cause of a person's depression is, this diet could make their symptoms substantially worse.
    What's more is this:

https://nypost.com/2019/09/20/jordan...cer-diagnosis/
    Jordan Peterson, the Canadian psychologist and anti-political-correctness crusader, has checked himself in to rehab in New York, his daughter has revealed.

The “12 Rules for Life” author has sought help trying to get off the anti-anxiety drug clonazepam, his daughter Mikhaila Peterson said in a video posted to her YouTube account Thursday.

“I’ve never seen my dad like this,” the 27-year-old diet blogger said in the eight-and-a-half-minute video. “He’s having a miserable time of it. It breaks my heart.”

The elder Peterson, 57, began taking the addictive medication to deal with stress from his wife’s battle with cancer and other health problems earlier this year, his daughter said.
    The controversial University of Toronto professor has been open about his previous struggles with depression, which he has battled since his teen years.

He’s said he beat it back with the meat-heavy diet his daughter encouraged him to adopt. Cutting out greens altogether improved both his mental and physical health, he said in an interview last year.

“I’m better now probably than I’ve ever been in my life, and I haven’t been taking anti-depressants for a whole year,” Peterson said in a July 2018 episode of the “Joe Rogan Experience” podcast.
    Now, I don't wanna make like of his struggles with depression or his fight to get off of his medications...but he started taking those medications again after he and his daughter had proclaimed that their "lion diet" could cure depression. Yes, when things got tough for him again...he didn't order a steak...he got himself some pills. So, when it comes right down to it...he doesn't even really believe what he's selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Woah woah let's not let things like fact based reasoning get in the way of making a quick buck off of people's desperation for easy-to-grasp solutions to complicated problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What's more is this:

Now, I don't wanna make like of his struggles with depression or his fight to get off of his medications...but he started taking those medications again after he and his daughter had proclaimed that their "lion diet" could cure depression. Yes, when things got tough for him again...he didn't order a steak...he got himself some pills. So, when it comes right down to it...he doesn't even really believe what he's selling.
    Don’t think he ever suggested not to take anti-depressants, but a lot of people himself included apparently would rather not take them if they don’t have to. ‘I don’t want to make light of his problems but I just have to chip in my two cents’. What an ass.

Nice dog pile you’ve all got going on here, real classy.

So what? i can go on amazon and buy a bible right? or a Qu'ran so why complain about this?

But we're not allowed to mention that, ah the hypocrites feast!

No i'm not a fan of whoever this guy is im just saying if people want to sell a book full of bullshit, let them it's being going around for 1000's of years why cry about it on a forum now?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    So what? i can go on amazon and buy a bible right? or a Qu'ran so why complain about this?
    the bible and quran dont really sell themselves as self help via diet fuckery
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

But we're not allowed to mention that, ah the hypocrites feast!

No i'm not a fan of whoever this guy is im just saying if people want to sell a book full of bullshit, let them it's being going around for 1000's of years why cry about it on a forum now?
    Well, that might have something to do with the fact that none of us have been around for centuries. You're also apparently ignoring the fact that those books you mentioned have literally been banned many times throughout the centuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mikhaila
    Was it so necessary for her parents to spell 'Michaela' their own, special way? Speaking of snowflakes

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What's more is this:

Just as a note, but clonazepam is a benzodiazepine, which is a sedative medication used to combat anxiety. It is NOT an anti-depressant. Depression and anxiety often come hand in hand, so many people end up taking both medications, but they are actually very different classes of drugs and act in very different ways. Also, an addiction to benzos is a pretty serious thing that is notoriously hard to kick, so anyone going through that has a degree of sympathy from me. There are plenty of fine reasons to dislike Jordan Peterson, I think he's done quite a bit of harm with what he puts out, but kicking him in that specific wound is a pretty low blow for anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Was it so necessary for her parents to spell 'Michaela' their own, special way? Speaking of snowflakes
    It's not their own special way? It's just the Russian spelling, and isn't terribly uncommon to see in areas where you have groups of eastern Europeans. (Edit: I should say it's the english spelling of the russian pronounciation of the name, so it's a bit roundabout I'll admit. Still, I've met more than one Mikhaila, I've NEVER met a Michaela.)
    Last edited by Lynarii; 2019-10-26 at 09:08 AM.