Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.

Updated Model Wishlist

With each expansion we get new updated models.

What models would you like to see updated?

Personally, I'd like to see Gnolls get a model update!

Gnolls, the weirder undead, Archaedas, all of the Dragons, the classic armor set, Liches, the classic mounts, Female Ogres, the gnomish robot models.
    For classic armor and mounts, perhaps they could give us an option to keep the old models, perhaps through mount equipment and a transmog option?

Do you think they'll make an effort to update the graphics across the board (a la Cata) or continue to slowly update a patch at a time?
    Last edited by naabu; 2019-10-27 at 10:20 AM.

Kalecgos
    /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bolvar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male Humans because what the actual fuck

Druid forms, especially Worgens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Along the same lines, why doesn't Blizzard completely replace some old models?

Jaina (Cata - Legion model), Garrosh (everywhere but SoO and WoD), some Ogres and Quillboar, Northrend Worgen, Saurfang (ICC), Eredar Lords (still using Archimonde's old model), Archimonde (Hyjal)

How long would it take to replace them? An afternoon? I'm not saying do it during prime development, but like a Thursday between 8.3.5 and 9.0. It's a nitpick, I know but it always bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    The Druid forms were updated/given more detail in the start of Legion. Though, I do feel they should add more options.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I think there should be a greater range of customization options, via glyphs. As shaman, we have a few, but I think we (i.e all classes) should have more.
    Last edited by naabu; 2019-10-27 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naabu View Post

Jaina (Cata - Legion model), Garrosh (everywhere but SoO and WoD), some Ogres and Quillboar, Northrend Worgen, Saurfang (ICC), Eredar Lords (still using Archimonde's old model), Archimonde (Hyjal)

How long would it take to replace them? An afternoon? I'm not saying do it during prime development, but like a Thursday between 8.3.5 and 9.0. It's a nitpick, I know but it always bugs me.
    Because it makes sense for them to be like that during there respective expansion. I would be weirded out seing BFA jaina in SOO or for instance the Battle for Mount Hyal raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Because it makes sense for them to be like that during there respective expansion. I would be weirded out seing BFA jaina in SOO or for instance the Battle for Mount Hyal raid.
    1. SoO Jaina had the white hair already, and her more militant look from BfA could reflect her more militant mindset in MoP. Lore wise the new model would make sense.
    2. I'll agree, to a degree, with Jaina pre-Cata. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make a version of her BfA model that is totally blonde. But perhaps her outfit is too much of a stretch.
    3. They replaced all pre-Cata Garrosh models with his Cata model, despite the fact that it made no sense lore wise. They did the same with Sylvanas hiding her middriff (which she did, lore wise, to hide her ICC suicide scar).

5+ Year Old Account
    Trees and bushes.
    Kupo.

1. SoO Jaina had the white hair already, and her more militant look from BfA could reflect her more militant mindset in MoP. Lore wise the new model would make sense.
    2. I'll agree, to a degree, with Jaina pre-Cata. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make a version of her BfA model that is totally blonde. But perhaps her outfit is too much of a stretch.
    3. They replaced all pre-Cata Garrosh models with his Cata model, despite the fact that it made no sense lore wise. They did the same with Sylvanas hiding her middriff (which she did, lore wise, to hide her ICC suicide scar).
    They are weird about this i would agree. They sometimes they replace old models in old areas and sometimes they don't. They seem really inconsistent with this. Also Garosh in TBC Nagrand still has his original model though.

The racial mounts seriously need an update. They did the kodos, now just stick that new nightsaber model onto the Darnassus ones and keep going. Classic armor sets, too, im tired of looking like 2004 from levels 1-60.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    Trees and bushes.
    100% agree!

10+ Year Old Account

Decades and more decades. They are an Indie company after all. Each model requires 1000 hours worth of work. (I dunno the technical aspects except there is a lot of work with each model, animations, graphics, etc...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The Bolvar.
    This is still what I want the most, but now that I'm on my computer, I'll list a few others:

- Female Ogres. I don't see why not as they gave us female quilboars as well.
    - The Dragon Aspects. Kalecgos looks especially bad, but the others are slowly starting to show their age as well as they were all built using the old models.
    - Arator, if he's ever going to be relevant.
    - Velen. His new model isn't terrible per se, but it always bothered me how his beard was a flat texture glued to his robes. #FixVelensBeard
    - Vereesa. Why does she have to be the only Windrunner without a custom model?
    - Titanic watchers. You know, the maidens and such. They all look like they're using very old skeletons.
    - Gazlowe. Assuming he's taking over the leadership of the goblins now, which I think was the case, he needs a new model.
    - Rokhan, for the same reason as Gazlowe. You can't be a racial leader without a custom model.
    - The Pandaren faction leaders, whatever their names were. Ji Firepaw and Aysa, right?
    - And most importantly, dragons. All of them. All dragon models.

I hope we will get model updates for Death Knights. Pale skin and blue eyes are not enough for 2020. I expect devastated bodies, tears and wounds, maybe even revealed skulls.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the other good suggestions on the list already, centaurs. I was questing through Desolace the other day and dear god, the centaur model is fucking ancient looking. Just so so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I hope we will get model updates for Death Knights. Pale skin and blue eyes are not enough for 2020. I expect devastated bodies, tears and wounds, maybe even revealed skulls.
    The options are fairly restricted... But it could be worse. Look at Nightborne.

Racial leaders.

Ogres to be playable.

Major characters.

Old sets.

Old zones.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.