View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Well they do need to read it if they want to know what they're voting for, but they won't, so the idea that they'll know what they're voting for this time is no more or less valid than last time around. In fact they'll probably have even less of an idea next time: Last time was a simple in/out question. Next time people would be asked to vote on a technical document that the vast majority won't even have read, which would lend the result even less legitimate than before.
    No, you don't need to read all of it, you need someone to read all of it at some point and disseminate the information in short form, thus you'll know more. I doubt half the politicians have read it all.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    No, you don't need to read all of it, you need someone to read all of it at some point and disseminate the information in short form, thus you'll know more. I doubt half the politicians have read it all.
    considering the amount of strait up bold faced lies told by the government in parliament when defending the bill I sure as hell won't trust someone to read and disseminate the information in short form to actually be complete.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    considering the amount of strait up bold faced lies told by the government in parliament when defending the bill I sure as hell won't trust someone to read and disseminate the information in short form to actually be complete.
    It needn't be the government. But yes, the amount of lies told means we're now more knowledgeable than before.

Corbyn, the leader of the opposition, now on his feet arguing that Boris Johnson is so bad that we shouldn't have an election. Politics here is so fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Corbyn, the leader of the opposition, now on his feet arguing that Boris Johnson is so bad that we shouldn't have an election. Politics here is so fucked up.
    The side likely to lose at the polls doesn't want an early election, I am shocked...

Tho the real question ofc is "what other option is there" because regular elections are not planned until 2022. Does he want to keep asking for extensions until then?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Corbyn not being very good, shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Brexit will be on February 30th, no doubt...
    Agreed, but of what year?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Corbyn not being very good, shocked./s
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    2nd Referendum should include the clause that it requires at least a 67% majority for Leave to pass.

Only makes sense for such a drastic change. And the fact it wasn't achieved over the past 3-4 years despite all attempts.
    The original referendum should have been at very least 60% margin needed. It takes no rocket scientist to realize if you are going to undo 40 years of close relationships you better have more than a thin majority of popular support otherwise you wind up where the UK is now. Totally dead locked unable to move forward or back.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Every year, duh.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Corbyn knows it'll be life on the backbenches again when he loses another election, and as such doesn't want to give up his cushy front bench protest for him and his mates.

Not until he has to.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The original referendum should have been at very least 60% margin needed. It takes no rocket scientist to realize if you are going to undo 40 years of close relationships you better have more than a thin majority of popular support otherwise you wind up where the UK is now. Totally dead locked unable to move forward or back.
    Going by half the stable geniuses here it could be drawn up on a napkin over lunch! I still can't fathom the type of moron one has to be to think that a no deal brexit is ideal or even desirable no matter how hard you hate the EU. But yeah none of the fuckers can seem to wrangle their own party about what exactly brexit should be but some how we have to infer that 52% of the population want exactly what they try and force through.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

The Gov's attempt to hold an early GE on 12/12 wins by 299 to 70 but fails to reach the two thirds majority required.

But Johnson will present a short bill to amend Fixed Term Parliament Act to allow election on 12 Dec by simple majority vote of MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    2XXX obviously :P

TV fans delighted as Brexit renewed for yet another season

Fans of Britain’s long-running comedy-drama Brexit are today overjoyed after learning that another season of the popular show has been commissioned...

https://newsthump.com/2019/10/28/tv-...gDjOyHBjpsuyVc

- - - Updated - - -

Shiiiiittttttttt...

...Vote for the deal! It's not too late! Vote for the deal!

10+ Year Old Account
    You could choose to not watch it.

Like the rest of us.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The Gov's attempt to hold an early GE on 12/12 wins by 299 to 70 but fails to reach the two thirds majority required.

But Johnson will present a short bill to amend Fixed Term Parliament Act to allow election on 12 Dec by simple majority vote of MPs.
    He still needs over two dozen MPs to vote for it that didn't vote today though.

Also, isn't a one-line election motion amendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    2XXX obviously :P
    Seems optimistic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    He still needs over two dozen MPs to vote for it that didn't vote today though.

Also, isn't a one-line election motion amendable.
    Just the SNP then will do it. After all they are very keen to get an election done before any collusion in a cover up between Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon is exposed in the upcoming January Salmond court case.

I'd be betting this time tomorrow it's game on for a pre crimbo GE.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Just the SNP then will do it. After all they are very keen to get an election done before any collusion in a cover up between Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon is exposed in the upcoming January Salmond court case.

I'd be betting this time tomorrow it's game on for a pre crimbo GE.
    Sorry, what was that?

I can't hear you over yet another missed Brexit deadline.

Tick to--- *thunks as the clock stops and bursts into flames*
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Sorry, what was that?

I can't hear you over yet another missed Brexit deadline.

Tick to--- *thunks as the clock stops and bursts into flames*
    LOL it's the EU's fault, they broke the clock and didn't have to grant an extension to the remain minority that want one. They could have supported democracy and listened to the majority and yet refused. Shameful.

Must be desperate for the additional 3bn remainers would rather send to the EU for another 3 months of nothing than fund our poor NHS. Shameful.

Oh well wait until tomorrow evening, the broken clock will be repaired, up and running again and the tocks will tick once more towards the inevitable.

Remainers here, remainers there, Brexiteers seek them out everywhere, nowhere left to hide from that coming GE and clean brexit soon...tick tock!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    LOL it's the EU's fault, they broke the clock and didn't have to grant an extension to the remain minority that want one. They could have supported democracy and listened to the majority and yet refused. Shameful.
    Remind me why the EU is supposed to respect a nonbinding plebiscite over the actual laws parliament passes? Lol.

It isn't their fault the UK hasn't had its house in order since Blair left office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.