Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Actually its exactly as they said. They took money from toys and use them to a prize pool. Only what Blizz said is they guarantee 500K pool and not they will add those Toy monies into the pool.

Even they did exactly as they said before its still quite a scam because every normal thinking person would think Blizz will add that money to those 500K.

Blizzard did nothing wrong

Don't think most people even realised it contributed to the prize pool.

People probably just bought the toy because it's one of the most fun toys in the game, which naturally Blizzard had to put on the store instead of as an in game reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    And how do you know what was stated in the players meeting? I don't care if it's true or not, this is basic stuff. Provide sources or no one will believe you.
    https://twitter.com/Snutztv/status/1...147463685?s=19

As I wrote in the OP, the information came from the players in the meeting, who were also given permission to openly speak about it (per Snutz's talk with Asmongold on stream).

C9 Snutz
    @Snutztv
    Oct 29
    Wrong, the guaranteed prize pool of 500k would ONLY happen if the toy sales didn’t do well. There is no base prize pool

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely unexpected since if you reread the original blog post about it gives off a little bit of a non-clear feel about the whole thing, probably on purpose.

Still completely a 100% shit move from Blizzard for doing it though and honestly probably did more harm then good in the long run with this. The very people they burned were the ones who were their best sources of advertisement for these toys in the first place and I would be very surprised if any of those players/streamers/casters will ever put their neck out for blizz like that again.

Like, let's just take for granted that Blizzard are a bunch of greedy cunts. I think that's a given.

But let's just think here for a moment. People are claiming that Blizzard have made $2.500.000+ from these toy sales. $2.500.000. Doesn't take a mathematical genius to deduce that this would mean 250.000 sold toys. Like, I honestly just don't see that. Like, at all. Even if we were to assume that there's still 2m people playing WoW... do you really think that 1/8th of the playerbase decided to spend 10 bucks on a toy? Like, do you honestly think that 1/8th of the playerbase is that hardcore into MDI and PVP and that every single one of them bought at least 1 toy?

I just honestly don't see that. Blizzard are a bunch of corporate greedy douchebags. I would fully 100% expect them to pull something like this given the opportunity. But I just don't see them selling twohundredfiftythousand fucking $10 ingame toys. i could see them selling like 50.000 toys, making like $500.000, resulting in a baseline prizepool of 500.000k + like another 125.000k contributed by toy sales and we'd come close to the stated numbers.

There's just no way for me to possibly believe that a random ass fucking Blizzardstore toy for 10 bucks makes them a like 2.5 million dollar profit within like 6 months. That just doesn't seem right. And sorry, one guy stating that he was told that Blizzard have said this and that just doesn't cut it for me. Again, 0 faith or trust in Blizzard, but my faith in humanity is not low enough to believe that 250.000 $10 toys were sold.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It says to me that 25% of the toy sales would go to the prize pool, if the prize pool was under $500k they would cover the rest. I learned long ago to take statements at face value rather then trying to add stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    A guaranteed minimum prize pool means that if noone bought the toys, the pool will be 500k. But it doesnt mean that if people generate more than 500k, it will be only based on what people generated. But I guess this is open to interpretation.
    That's not open to interpretation. Nowhere did they say they'd at 500k to the prize pool. It was clearly stated 25% of sales would go to the pool and all Blizzard did was guarantee a pool of at least 500k. So if the sales were low, they'd add enough money to reach 500k. If the sales were sufficient to reach 500k, Blizzard would add nothing. This is really common and stating guaranteed minimums never means they add money when that minimum is reached. I really don't know why you would think that.

Well all the money blizzard generate in general is from user anyway, so regardless the users will pay for the price pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That's not open to interpretation. Nowhere did they say they'd at 500k to the prize pool. It was clearly stated 25% of sales would go to the pool and all Blizzard did was guarantee a pool of at least 500k. So if the sales were low, they'd add enough money to reach 500k. If the sales were sufficient to reach 500k, Blizzard would add nothing. This is really common and stating guaranteed minimums never means they add money when that minimum is reached. I really don't know why you would think that.
    Because he wants to get offended by Blizzard for the sake of being offended.

Man, you know your life has meaning when your part of a billion dollar companies forum defense force on a website. Which you can play the lawyer spin on the wording the whole thing against the spirit of what was being done. I bought one of those things to give to a prize pool. I could care less about the item. Sure, I would have zero issue with Blizzard recouping money spent designing it and skimming a bit off the top but they straight up took most of it and bounced.

Let the lesson be learned its just another shop item with a bullshit marketing spin on top of it. Won't bother with it again. I encourage others to do the same if they feel burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Man, you know your life has meaning when your part of a billion dollar companies forum defense force on a website. Which you can play the lawyer spin on the wording the whole thing against the spirit of what was being done. I bought one of those things to give to a prize pool. I could care less about the item. Sure, I would have zero issue with Blizzard recouping money spent designing it and skimming a bit off the top but they straight up took most of it and bounced.

Let the lesson be learned its just another shop item with a bullshit marketing spin on top of it. Won't bother with it again. I encourage others to do the same if they feel burned.
    Why would anyone be burned about something that has been clear since the toys were announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Why would anyone be burned about something that has been clear since the toys were announced?
    Mostly when one isn't loyal to a corporation on any level for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Mostly when one isn't loyal to a corporation on any level for the most part.
    What does ability to read have to do with "loyalty to a corporation"? If you just read what was said, and didn't make unfounded assumptions yourself, you would know how it was supposed to work, and you wouldn't be outraged now. People talking about "confusing wording" are either looking for things to be outraged about VERY hard, or they are just simply stupid. Well...I guess those two are pretty much the same thing.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    What does ability to read have to do with "loyalty to a corporation"? If you just read what was said, and didn't make unfounded assumptions yourself, you would know how it was supposed to work, and you wouldn't be outraged now. People talking about "confusing wording" are either looking for things to be outraged about VERY hard, or they are just simply stupid. Well...I guess those two are pretty much the same thing.
    welcome to mmoc

Blizzard did exactly what they said they would do. 25% of the proceeds are going to the prize pool. They guaranteed a minimum prize pool of $500k (in the event that sales proceeds alone did not reach $500k). The prize pool is above the minimum $500k guaranteed.

Nowhere does it state that Blizzard is adding $500k to the prize pool raised from the toy sales. Anyone who interpreted their statement that way has reading comprehension issues, straight up. There is no spin involved. It's written in plain text for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    You can't know. Your knee is bent. Its ok. Not judging here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really nothing confusing about the wording. Just more of the fake out rage crowd towards eVuL Blizzard.

Maybe you should protest this great outrage and setup shop next to the Winnie the Pooh cosplayers on Harbor Blvd.

It should have a base prize pool. That's the problem. Now both players and competitors feel cheated.

It's greedy AF because people who bought it expected to add up to the prize, NOT fund it.

They messed this up biiiiiig time. DotA compendium for instance adds up and it's huge success is partially because of that, after this shame no one is gonna buy these things from Blizz trying to help anymore.
    Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Like, let's just take for granted that Blizzard are a bunch of greedy cunts. I think that's a given.

But let's just think here for a moment. People are claiming that Blizzard have made $2.500.000+ from these toy sales. $2.500.000. Doesn't take a mathematical genius to deduce that this would mean 250.000 sold toys. Like, I honestly just don't see that. Like, at all. Even if we were to assume that there's still 2m people playing WoW... do you really think that 1/8th of the playerbase decided to spend 10 bucks on a toy? Like, do you honestly think that 1/8th of the playerbase is that hardcore into MDI and PVP and that every single one of them bought at least 1 toy?

I just honestly don't see that. Blizzard are a bunch of corporate greedy douchebags. I would fully 100% expect them to pull something like this given the opportunity. But I just don't see them selling twohundredfiftythousand fucking $10 ingame toys. i could see them selling like 50.000 toys, making like $500.000, resulting in a baseline prizepool of 500.000k + like another 125.000k contributed by toy sales and we'd come close to the stated numbers.

There's just no way for me to possibly believe that a random ass fucking Blizzardstore toy for 10 bucks makes them a like 2.5 million dollar profit within like 6 months. That just doesn't seem right. And sorry, one guy stating that he was told that Blizzard have said this and that just doesn't cut it for me. Again, 0 faith or trust in Blizzard, but my faith in humanity is not low enough to believe that 250.000 $10 toys were sold.
    I also wonder where has this 2.5 million USD meme surfaced from.