Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

BlizzCon + Classic, will we hear anything?

Any speculations on what we'll hear regarding Classic wow at BlizzCon?

I'm thinking there will be confirmation that the Blizzard team is looking into:
    - Classic+
    - TBC
    - WoTLK

We'll hear details on the success of classic along with an announcement for phase 2 and possibly a timeline for future phases.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post

- Classic+
    - TBC
    - WoTLK

We'll hear details on the success of classic along with an announcement for phase 2 and possibly a timeline for future phases.
    Nope.

They have phases 2 through 6 to talk about, and even that, we already know what they contain.

We'll get maybe a loose off the cuff comment akin to 'we're evaluation options' for anything else. I wouldn't hold your breath for much more than that. They may toot their horn about its success though... ironically.

edit: If anything, now that I think about it, there's a good chance they nearly shadow drop Phase 2, saying it's "coming out next week" or something like that.
    Last edited by fangless; 2019-10-30 at 05:10 PM.

3+ Year Old Account

- Classic+
    - TBC
    - WoTLK

They will slip a word on it and say something like "we're looking into possibilities for the future" but I doubt we'll hear anything of substance right now, a bit too soon.

I'm about 98% sure there won't be much about it at all. There are going to be way too many announcements about other games and much of the Classic talk will be on the back burner, maybe at the Q/A. I am looking forward to the other announcements though.

It’s been roughly 3 months, Classic isn’t even close to the final phase, and while a success it has had such a drop off in interest (going by the metrics the rabid Classic fan base set themselves), that I wouldn’t be surprised if all they did was discuss potential timelines for phase release.
    That said, I do expect we’ll see a TBC and maybe even WotLK servers in the future, but that is a ways off.

10+ Year Old Account

- Classic+
    - TBC
    - WoTLK

You sure like creating topics about Classic+, don't you?

Classic has been out all of 2 months. There's literally 0 need for 'wuts next' because there's still like 5 stages of Classic content yet to be released. Ask again in a year... or in a week, which is when you'll probably make another topic about it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Launch date for phase 2 is probably all that can be expected.

What the heck is classic+?
    I don't really know what people would be expecting to hear, its like if we decided to recreate world war 2 and then ask who iss going to win. We already know, we've walked that path before...

They'll prolly announce a P2 date, maybe even a P3 date. They'll also prolly talk about how they thought about deriving from their initially planned release structure a bit.
    Other than that I don't think there's gonna be any Classic talks this year. If Classic is still a somewhat popular thing like early next year we might get some talks about Classic+ or TBC at next year's Blizzcon. There's just nothing new and exciting to talk about Classic atm.

I just want them to add in the high resolution player and creature model options in a shadow drop so people can stop being against it as an option for no reason.

You will probably have stage2\3 announcement dates. Forget anything else, that wasn't the point of Classic.

Also, absolutely too soon for any measure of enduring success to even consider the next steps in regards to other expansions or classic+. I'd expect confirmation of anything else happening in expanding Classic next year, after we've had Classic for over a year, and approaching Naxxramas.

Oh, you're 'that' guy with dozens of Classic+ threads started in a short time. Guess you just wanna keep pushing that agenda, 'uh? Have at it man, more power to you.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-10-30 at 05:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

- Classic+
    - TBC
    - WoTLK

I seriously doubt they are willing to commit to Classic+ at this point; it has only been a couple of months, and they are almost certainly still betting on next Retail WoW expansion. At best, they may talk about general timelines for next phases of Classic and *maybe* BC.

TBH, there will likely be little discussion of Classic overall. It is almost certain that they will be announcing Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, and the next Retail WoW expansion. Remaining announcements will likely be low key (status updates on Classic, Warcraft III reskin, maybe Diablo II reskin).

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll say nice things. They'll talk about future phases. After that it will all be very vague. That's assuming they say anything much at all. If they're announcing a new expansion they won't likely have much to say about Classic.

There's a small possibility that they may announce something about TBC. Even smaller chance to nod at Classic+. I would like to be surprised but I doubt if I will be. It might come up in the Q&A. I suspect that's the most likely place to hear anything much about the far future (beyond the already announced phases).

All of this talk about Classic+ only demonstrates that Brack, however badly he put it, had a point. Classic is history. Classic is legacy. Their first priority is very likely to leave it as it is.

There is a recent interview with Brack (October 1st, 2019) that I haven't seen anyone talking about much. It seems as if it's a pretty decent preview of an information-free nod toward Classic at Blizzcon.

I suspect the over-riding theme of this year's Blizzcon is moving forward and looking ahead. I will not be a bit surprised to see an announcement of a new game if not a new IP.

Brack interview is here.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-10-30 at 05:27 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

- Classic+
    - TBC
    - WoTLK

we're still on phase 1. i think they may talk about how classic is going , and the timeline for future phases, but its way too soon to talk about anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I just want them to add in the high resolution player and creature model options in a shadow drop so people can stop being against it as an option for no reason.
    I don't think you understand the development work it would take to get to the character models to work in 1.13.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    im ok with this as long as they are an option that is disabled by default

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    I don't think you understand the development work it would take to get to the character models to work in 1.13.
    you realize that its running the modern client, right? it would actually take very little work.

I'd expect a p2 announcement, probably within 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Its just me thinking that classic+ is not classic anymore?
    yup. classic+ wont ever be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    They actually were already in the early builds of it, there was a post about it, it is pretty much a simple replace, even the only animations work with the modern models...

The game is already a remaster, like it is not that much a of a jump, nor is it your concern since their job is all but done with the main experience of classic.