Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Sub -> Ranger. Bake Sub's melee components into Assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i would take melee SV and turn it back into ranged
    Has my vote.

Survival, obviously.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    Just a fun thread, curious about what others would want to see.

In Legion we saw Survival hunter changed from a ranged spec to a melee. What if it went the other way? Are there any specs you wouldn’t mind seeing remade as a ranged spec, and what would you expect to see from it?
    Survival. Go back to the better version it was in MoP.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they gave me MoP-era Survival back, they can change every other spec into Fishmonger, dual wielding tunas for all I care.

But for the topic, UDK would make sense.
    Make an ability or two have a cast/charge time, give them baseline 30yard range (with a talent that gives them +5 yards on range), and there ya go.
    That could be the shitty, makeshift Necromancer spec.

DH ranged using thrown weapons would also work.
    Have a bunch of glaive tossing skills mixed with some fel/shadow magic or whatever the hell DH use.
    That could be the shitty, makeshift Sentinel spec.

Survival, absolutely. It has done nothing but floundered as a melee spec and ranged Survival had so much more success and potential. End this failed experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The thing with survival was that it really had no identity(unless you consider marksman with a dot as identity) when they changed it to melee.
    Oh, get lost. It absolutely did have an identity. Special munitions is a separate identity to Marksmanship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    None. This whole "Change the specs fundamental gameplay JUST BECAUSE" bullshit is, well, complete bullshit. Bunch of puffed-up class "developers" wanting to erase the marks of earlier, BETTER predecessors and bring their own garbage into the game.
    You are absolutely right, except I think they should first undo the time they did do this i.e. make Survival ranged again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Unholy.

That would be rather simple. Diseases and Death Coil are already ranged. Just gotta make Scourge Strike and Festering Strike ranged.

Rogue or DK as others have said. Lots of options for Rogue, and a more traditional caster style Unholy DK would be pretty rad. Reminds me more of the WC RTS DK

5+ Year Old Account
    if I'm not mistaken Unholy Death Knights can already turn one of their two melee abilities ranged with a talent, Clawing Shadows I believe it's called

so they're already pretty much a ranged class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    1 ranged spec for a rogue would be nice. Special agent using ranged weapons.
    Since Survival went Melee I was always thinking Subtlety could perhaps be made into a Dark Ranger spec instead of a new class

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Survival. Go back to the better version it was in MoP.
    I think that's the answer for almost every spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    Just a fun thread, curious about what others would want to see.

In Legion we saw Survival hunter changed from a ranged spec to a melee. What if it went the other way? Are there any specs you wouldn’t mind seeing remade as a ranged spec, and what would you expect to see from it?
    Didn't blizz talk about giving rogues a range spec awhile ago but then decided not to?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think that's the answer for almost every spec.
    Not at all.

OT, Eyebeam Hunter would be cool. Then give us Health Stones and summoning-portal and we are ready to go.

Obviously unholy

outbreak, death coil, chains of ice, death and decay and pets are already ranged abilities.

You can even spec into making Scourge Strike a ranged shadow ability.

Only white swings, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike and Soul Reaper are the only melee rotational abilities that have a melee-only range

What Melee spec would you make Ranged?

None...

Though I would add a 4th spec to the Hunter class which had it's ranged SV spec deleted in favor of the current melee spec.

Why?
    Because removing current specs in favor of something else is not a solution that fixes everything. All it does is change the faces of those affected by it.

As for the Hunter as a class in WoW. It is already apparent that there are more than enough things to build on to add another spec to that class which has a unique theme and mechanical setup. A setup that would suit the game very well.

Don't believe me?
    See link:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...anged-Survival

Outlaw, Unholy, Survival, and I'd hybrid Havoc to make them like a 20/30 yard ranged that functions mostly off throw glaive and eye beam.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.